• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard a Rocket per USAToday sports.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERS ARE DONE..PERIOD..

LAKERS WILL NOW REBUILD WITH WASHED UP KOBE BRYANT and STEVE NASH -40 YEARS OLD..:lol::lol::lol:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand the love for Josh Smith...................then who is their PG?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy???

I thought you spoiled clowns claimed that everyone wanted to play in Hollywood?

Yes, iffy!! Remember his constantly changing list of who he was willing to be traded to? I think the Lakers moved on and off the list 2 or 3 times!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston will be very dangerous with Howard and Smith. This is perhaps the only place I see Josh Smith fitting in with a good team, so long as he understands his role.

Time will tell if the chemistry works and they still need to sign a cheap 1, but I think any GM in the league would be ecstatic to land Howard, Smith and Harden.

I would be surprised if the sign and trade for Smith did not happen at this point.

Top 3 in the west are: Houston, LAC and OKC, in no particular order.

The Warriors will be better too, but they need a healthy Bogut to hang with these teams. If he is right come playoff time, the Dubs will be capable of beating anybody. Obviously, you can't count out SA or Memphis either. The West is going to absolutely sick next year.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know %$#^ about him..............too bad Houston did not have a $11M expiring contract and 3 first rounders to offer the green!:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, those threads have started already somewhere. Its the only real free agent around that can turn a program around when they have no draft picks or young talent. I dont understand the Clark departure. I dont understand who is running LA. Do they make any decisions out there?

Mitch does know that most good Free Agents never actually get to free agency......right?

Clark's departure was about money!! He earned a bigger paycheck than the Lakers could give him at this time and cashed in. He became a nice young player and as a Laker fan, I'm bummed to see him go, but the only way the Lakers could have paid him what anyone else did would have been with Bird rights. You don't use your Bird rights for Earl Clark.

As I said on another thread. The Lakers will have a ton of cap space after next season. If Lebron makes himself available in free agency, I'm sure the Lakers will make a pitch, but I have said all along that I think he will finish his career in Miami. If the Lakers can't get what they want in 2014 re: free agents, they'll get what they can to start the process, stay under the cap and look to finish the re-build in 2015!!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources saying Lakers are talking to Centers Joe Wolf and Greg Kite

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston will be very dangerous with Howard and Smith. This is perhaps the only place I see Josh Smith fitting in with a good team, so long as he understands his role.

Time will tell if the chemistry works and they still need to sign a cheap 1, but I think any GM in the league would be ecstatic to land Howard, Smith and Harden.

I would be surprised if the sign and trade for Smith did not happen at this point.

The Warriors will be better too, but they need a healthy Bogut to hang with these teams. If he is right come playoff time, the Dubs will be capable of beating anybody. Obviously, you can't count out SA or Memphis either. The West is going to absolutely sick next year.
Dont forget the Spurs!! They have everyone back and should be a threat to go to the Finals again. I'm po'd at Howard for not going to GSW but I am glad we got Iggy.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Asik wind up with the Lakers?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won't be dangerous if they run the team the way Howard wants. He thinks he's a post threat, but he's not. You can't name one go to post move of his. He's always been a dynamic athlete. His offense relies on that athleticism whether it's quickly rolling off screens for easy dunks or out-jumping guys for putbacks. Only way for Houston to maximize their success is to have Harden be the primary option, using his play making ability to generate offense through a series of screens (Howard being the primary screener). If they instead try to run everything through Howard, giving him 15 to 20 or more post touches a game, they'll be hampering their offensive efficiency.

And I still wouldn't go for Smith. I'm too skeptical of his and Dwight's relationship. You can get away with having one poor attitude towards work ethic on a team but not two, especially if they're friends. I just have visions of Smith and Howard laughing on the sidelines as they have a combined 18 points and they're losing by 20 while Harden is pulling the hairs out of his beard in frustration. Plus, I just don't think Smith is a guy you can win with. He's been in the league for awhile and he's basically the same player. He still makes boneheaded plays all the time. I've heard people say "he'd be fine as your 3rd option". Well he was the 3rd option in ATL behind Johnson and Horford, tell me how many championships those Hawks teams played for.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard Dwight and Josh played together in AAU. What an insane team that must have been to play against.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening night Houston @ LAL

Book it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be dangerous if they run the team the way Howard wants. He thinks he's a post threat, but he's not. You can't name one go to post move of his. He's always been a dynamic athlete. His offense relies on that athleticism whether it's quickly rolling off screens for easy dunks or out-jumping guys for putbacks. Only way for Houston to maximize their success is to have Harden be the primary option, using his play making ability to generate offense through a series of screens (Howard being the primary screener). If they instead try to run everything through Howard, giving him 15 to 20 or more post touches a game, they'll be hampering their offensive efficiency.

And I still wouldn't go for Smith. I'm too skeptical of his and Dwight's relationship. You can get away with having one poor attitude towards work ethic on a team but not two, especially if they're friends. I just have visions of Smith and Howard laughing on the sidelines as they have a combined 18 points and they're losing by 20 while Harden is pulling the hairs out of his beard in frustration. Plus, I just don't think Smith is a guy you can win with. He's been in the league for awhile and he's basically the same player. He still makes boneheaded plays all the time. I've heard people say "he'd be fine as your 3rd option". Well he was the 3rd option in ATL behind Johnson and Horford, tell me how many championships those Hawks teams played for.

:agree: Talentwise, they are right there with anybody (maybe better), but this team will only play up to its potential if the offense runs through Harden and if Smith and Howard have the right attitudes. I definitely think there will be some bumps in the road. Given the field in the West, it is really easy to imagine Houston falling short of the Finals.

And yes, I am sleeping on the Spurs. I think they are an awesome team, but isn't this the time of year where everyone underestimates them? It would not surprise me that much to see them back in the Finals next year (maybe a little, Duncan is old).

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AGREED on Smith.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why Howard should have went to GSW. Him and Smith on the same team is bad news. Maybe I'm wrong and they end up making each other better.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a heat fan... i am just thrilled Howard is still in the West. If bynum finds his way to the west.. then best free agency possible for Miami.