• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard a Rocket per USAToday sports.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any Laker fan wanted Dantoni. I've wanted him out for some months now. I've said it a thousand times. It was either Dantoni or Dwight. When they chose Dantoni, they locked it up.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Don't be stupid....there's no way Dwight will leave 30mil on the table!!!!... He wants to win titles and will stay in LA"

Isn't that what Laker fans have been saying for the last 6mos.????

:rofl:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Houston at $42.4M I wonder who gets chopped

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans need to realize Dwight was not the problem. If he had a better coach who played to his strength he would still be there.

As a coach you should adjust your system when you have a superstar on your team....The player shouldn't have to adjust to your system.
As long as Kobe is there it's not the coach. Kobe doesn't listen to MDA or anyone else, he listens to himself needing to score more points to pass MJ all-time.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DH was never a true Laker. He's gone like many other players have left

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is what Clayton and many other individuals including myself have been stating is that Jim Buss and Don'tknowi effed this thing up along time ago. Both of these baffoons continually ignored the requests of Howard for a coaching change and both ignored players' requests including Kobe Bryant for getting the right coach. Enough said. This guy is gone and we are still stuck with Jim Buss and DOn'tknowi. It is going to be along year as a Laker fan which I have stated before.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Howard is dragging anyone along. He tweets that he is signing with the Rockets while informing Dallas, GS, and Atlanta they are out of the running without saying a word to Houston or the Lakers. Then his agent tweets that he has not finalized the deal and can't until July 10th.

Now ESPN is reporting that Howard has informed the Lakers they are out of the running and that the deal is continuing to progress to encompass a sign and trade for the Lakers. Broussard is reporting the Lakers want some draft picks but no new contracts. We shall see.
Do the Rockets have any good draft picks left? It sounds like they might need a 3rd team to get that wish.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not entirely sold on Dwight being a top 5 player.

Sure, there were personality issues in Lakerland.

But, his physical skills have diminished as well. That injury still hasn't healed in nearly 2 years.

This is not really changing the balance of power.

I am not so certain this does anything but maybe vault Houston to a 4/5 seed instead of an 8/9 last team into the mix.

LA was going to be a 7/8 seed with Howard. They will be a 7/8 seed without Howard.

The teams who probably suffer a bit will be Denver and Golden State in the pecking order.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams who probably suffer a bit will be Denver and Golden State in the pecking order.

Honestly I'm pretty excited about the Warriors and think they should be fine with the current roster if they are healthy. You know we got AI today right ?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Isola@FisolaNYDN [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]353278560699547649[/MEDIA]"]22m[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 defensive player and rebounder and thats about it. What else does Howard do well?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Clayton. ESPN is reporting that the details will be worked out over the next couple of days. Perhaps a couple of seconds may suffice. Kurt Rambis is reporting that the Lakers could be satisfied with a couple of seconds.

But the bigger picture is we still have Jim Buss and Dontknowi and this is just going to be a complete and continuing cluster eff-job until one or both are removed. The arrogance that Short Buss continues to portray is just killing this franchise and nothing appears to going to change to alter that. Even in 2014, I think Short Buss will eff-up the advantage he will have at his disposal. This franchise may be in for a long period of decline unless something is done.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not entirely sold on Dwight being a top 5 player.

Sure, there were personality issues in Lakerland.

But, his physical skills have diminished as well. That injury still hasn't healed in nearly 2 years.

This is not really changing the balance of power.

I am not so certain this does anything but maybe vault Houston to a 4/5 seed instead of an 8/9 last team into the mix.

LA was going to be a 7/8 seed with Howard. They will be a 7/8 seed without Howard.

LA is not a playoff team next year without Howard. They are going to amnesty, no way Kobe comes back to be 100% Kobe, Nash is half the player he was, no depth.

Howard's skills are debatable and the Rockets do need one more piece. But OKC needs one more piece, and Memphis and the Clippers need a bit more balance. Denver has taken some real body blows...I could see them falling off a bit. Spurs will have to face reality at some point but they could give the keys to Leonard and Parker next year and rest Ginobli and Duncan a ton and still be ready for a playoff run as a 3/4 seed. Golden St looks really good on paper but they are still a team that relies on the 3pt shot....even if they are the best team to ever to do it, they might run into a snag here and there.

An early take would be:

Competing for the 1 Warriors, Thunder, Clippers
Competing for the 4 Spurs, Rockets, Grizzlies

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 defensive player and rebounder and thats about it. What else does Howard do well?

He is great in a P&R offense.....What do you think he is going to be doing in Houston with JH?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now ESPN is reporting that the Lakers have NOT been informed of Howard's decision. They also report that Oshick, the present Center in Houston does not want to be a back-up. A trade may ensue involving Josh Smith and the Lakers. Many S&T may be involved.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now ESPN is reporting that the Lakers have NOT been informed of Howard's decision. They also report that Oshick, the present Center in Houston does not want to be a back-up. A trade may ensue involving Josh Smith and the Lakers. Many S&T may be involved.

How would Josh Smith be involved?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Clayton. ESPN is reporting that the details will be worked out over the next couple of days. Perhaps a couple of seconds may suffice. Kurt Rambis is reporting that the Lakers could be satisfied with a couple of seconds.

But the bigger picture is we still have Jim Buss and Dontknowi and this is just going to be a complete and continuing cluster eff-job until one or both are removed. The arrogance that Short Buss continues to portray is just killing this franchise and nothing appears to going to change to alter that. Even in 2014, I think Short Buss will eff-up the advantage he will have at his disposal. This franchise may be in for a long period of decline unless something is done.
Just as any Rams fan knows, bad management can kill a really good team very quickly