• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Ryan Perrilloux disappeared completely...for cfb fans.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this is a :badmin: but for any fan of college football, it's a great read. Just an story about the before and after life of Ryan Perrilloux's time at LSU. I always enjoy hearing these stories from players about the before and after of playing for a college program. Kind of like the rise and fall, only to learn life's lesson's and try to rise again.

How Ryan Perrilloux disappeared completely: On Signing Day in 2005, one of the top high school quarterbacks in America had it all. He's still trying to get it back. - SBNation.com

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure this was talked about before on here. He is from my hometown, so this guy was a tough pill to swallow when things transpired the way they did. Truth is he should have just given up on football a long time ago and tried his luck in the MLB. He was a better baseball player hands down, had a chance to make the bigs. Talk about one of the most complete athletes in baseball, basketball, and football you could ever witness with your eyes. His attitude still really bothers me, he got what he deserved and needs to stop pointing the finger.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A victim of the "changing your mind after verbally committing to Mack Brown and Texas" curse.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure if it was LSU or Texas, but someone gave him a Navigator.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure if it was LSU or Texas, but someone gave him a Navigator.

I never heard that rumor, but it wouldn't have been Texas. If it had been Texas, no Longhorn booster would have given him a car, at least until after he had signed a LOI.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never heard that rumor, but it wouldn't have been Texas. If it had been Texas, no Longhorn booster would have given him a car, at least until after he had signed a LOI.

All I know is he was seen driving around town in a brand new car. It isn't a rumor. His family wasn't well off enough to buy a new Navigator. Small town, everyone knew it was either LSU or Texas. For the record I think he would have flourished at Texas, Baton Rouge was a bad place for him. On the flip side we would have gotten Colt McCoy and it probably would have worked out great. Perriilloux left LSU high and dry, qb struggles for 3 years he should have been the starter.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is he was seen driving around town in a brand new car. It isn't a rumor. His family wasn't well off enough to buy a new Navigator. Small town, everyone knew it was either LSU or Texas. For the record I think he would have flourished at Texas, Baton Rouge was a bad place for him. On the flip side we would have gotten Colt McCoy and it probably would have worked out great. Perriilloux left LSU high and dry, qb struggles for 3 years he should have been the starter.

I doubt Colt McCoy would have flipped from Texas. Jordan Shipley was already on scholarship for the Longhorns and they wanted to play together. Their parents are friends.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Colt McCoy would have flipped from Texas. Jordan Shipley was already on scholarship for the Longhorns and they wanted to play together. Their parents are friends.

You probably know more than me about it. I heard McCoy was going to switch is Perrilloux went to Texas. Again, I don't have the inside scoop on Texas recruits, only Louisiana.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to know where to stand on this one. He definitely made some bad decisions, but it also seems like he didn't really get the chance he was promised at LSU.

Hopefully, he still gets an NFL shot.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to know where to stand on this one. He definitely made some bad decisions, but it also seems like he didn't really get the chance he was promised at LSU.

Hopefully, he still gets an NFL shot.

:gaah: He's already has had multiple shots with NFL teams. Viking, Giants and the Jaguars.:gaah:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: He's already has had multiple shots with NFL teams. Viking, Giants and the Jaguars.:gaah:

Not sure just how legit those shots were when considering that the Giants kept him on the practice squad for a couple of seasons but then let him go because they didn't want to be associated with his past issues.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure just how legit those shots were when considering that the Giants kept him on the practice squad for a couple of seasons but then let him go because they didn't want to be associated with his past issues.

:gaah:Check his history, he's played in NFL preseason games.:gaah: He's had shots, they just didn't work out beneficially. :gaah:

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and that Russell Shepard guy...I think they were both #1 overall recruits?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and that Russell Shepard guy...I think they were both #1 overall recruits?

Top 10 for certain. Shepard didn't commit to Texas, so he wasn't a victim of the 'curse', just Les Miles.