• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much would you play to go to Superbowl?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this is a subjective question. A lot depends on how much money you make and how much you can afford.

Face value is $800.00 and ticket fees for the pair was $100.00

Guess how much re-sellers wanted?

1600976_10201513446814784_811358882_n.jpg

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will guess $3,000/ticket?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will guess $3,000/ticket?

Yea, that's about where they started at, and the news says prices have dropped to an all time low adjusted for inflation and face value cost.

As late as yesterday you could find tickets at about $2200.00, which in comparison is a 275% mark-up.

Still, the point is, the average fan can't really afford a Superbowl ticket anymore and even the ones who can are only getting access to a small % of the tickets.

A large % goes to resellers who make a huge profit.

Not right.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Places=One of my favs!

"Penelope, do you realize where I have been since yesterday? They beat me up, took my clothes.... THOSE MEN WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH ME!"

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that's about where they started at, and the news says prices have dropped to an all time low adjusted for inflation and face value cost.

As late as yesterday you could find tickets at about $2200.00, which in comparison is a 275% mark-up.

Still, the point is, the average fan can't really afford a Superbowl ticket anymore and even the ones who can are only getting access to a small % of the tickets.

Not right.

I hear they want to stop this from happening by making the tickets not transferable. Whoever is issued the tickets has to be the one who shows up to the game or you don't get in. :noidea:

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a guy in my office who paid $2200 a ticket in the 300's. He said today the prices were going down and he could have had the same ticket for $1700. Don't know the guy real well to know if he was full of chit but I did read an article that said tix were down 25% since last week.

My wife told me to go but logistics were getting problematic and I decided not to go. I had a ticket lined up in section 319 *a single for $1200*. I went to SB XXXII and XXXIII or I would have definitely gone. Great great bucket-list item no matter the two teams. I strongly recommend if you have the means or maybe the luck, go go go.....

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear they want to stop this from happening by making the tickets not transferable. Whoever is issued the tickets has to be the one who shows up to the game or you don't get in. :noidea:

They did that this year with the $500 tickets that were sold. Person who bought them has to be the one to use them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did that this year with the $500 tickets that were sold. Person who bought them has to be the one to use them.

Yea I think that's what I either heard or read about. My memory is awful. Not sure how they can stop all of the tickets from being sold for so much more than face value?

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I think that's what I either heard or read about. My memory is awful. Not sure how they can stop all of the tickets from being sold for so much more than face value?

Great points. The NFL's MVP are the fans and the team's fans that are in the SB. Of course the NFL couldn't survive without big sponsors but if you take the true core of the NFL (the fans) away, the sponsors would run away faster than Lindsey Lohan from the police. I think you can take care of some of the problem by making more tickets available to the fans whose teams are playing in the game and eliminating all the "special interest fans" / sponsors from a majority of the tickets. Hell my wife and I got offered $2000 for our tickets way back in 97 in San Diego. I think a hell of a lot of true fans would still hang onto their tickets even with some serious money on the line.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points. The NFL's MVP are the fans and the team's fans that are in the SB. Of course the NFL couldn't survive without big sponsors but if you take the true core of the NFL (the fans) away, the sponsors would run away faster than Lindsey Lohan from the police. I think you can take care of some of the problem by making more tickets available to the fans whose teams are playing in the game and eliminating all the "special interest fans" / sponsors from a majority of the tickets. Hell my wife and I got offered $2000 for our tickets way back in 97 in San Diego. I think a hell of a lot of true fans would still hang onto their tickets even with some serious money on the line.

I agree they should offer more tickets to fans of the teams playing. Some fans wait their entire lives to see their team in the SB. Get more tickets to the real fans. I think the NFL is more concerned that they aren't making the money off these jacked ticket prices. $2,000 for tickets in 1997 is pretty crazy!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do they insure that though? Its not like you need to show your ID or passport when you enter a stadium. It wouldn't matter if a dude had a ticket that said "Mary Smith" on it, they just scan it and your in. If they ever start making you show ID for going to a football game civil rights people will go ballistic. What about little kids who don't have an accepted ID yet going to a game with friends or family? I just don't see how they'd "force" anyone to be the one to use the ticket just because their name is on it.

Also, one last thought on the matter, lots of companies buy season tickets now and hand them out to clients as gifts or give them to employees as rewards or incentives. How would the league deal with their number one customer (corporate ticket buyers) suddenly not being allowed to transfer tickets to whomever they pleased?

Last edited by a moderator:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do they insure that though? Its not like you need to show your ID or passport when you enter a stadium. It wouldn't matter if a dude had a ticket that said "Mary Smith" on it, they just scan it and your in. If they ever start making you show ID for going to a football game civil rights people will go ballistic. What about little kids who don't have an accepted ID yet going to a game with friends or family? I just don't see how they'd "force" anyone to be the one to use the ticket just because their name is on it.

Also, one last thought on the matter, lots of companies buy season tickets now and hand them out to clients as gifts or give them to employees as rewards or incentives. How would the league deal with their number one customer (corporate ticket buyers) suddenly not being allowed to transfer tickets to whomever they pleased?
Yeah the guy was full of bs. You got ticket..your in. It`s amazing how the price of tickets are astronomical yet they still feel the stadiums. Could it be that there`s a shitload of people with alot more money than us in the world??? Nah.......:)

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been to Colorado Avalanche playoff games with the same concept. You buy / get the tix and you're taken into the stadium at a certain gate. You flash your ID, issued tickets and ushered directly into the stadium. But in all honesty that is the NFL's 50% off (make some people feel great) PR move. I doubt that too many corporate sponsors give those tickets to their VIP's.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not right.
how does that happen ?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the article I read about the $500 tickets. I was wondering the same thing about the corporate tickets ad how they would handle that if they went in that direction.

NFL clamping down on re-sale of $500 Super Bowl tickets | ProFootballTalk