• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much would you play to go to Superbowl?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do they insure that though? Its not like you need to show your ID or passport when you enter a stadium. It wouldn't matter if a dude had a ticket that said "Mary Smith" on it, they just scan it and your in. If they ever start making you show ID for going to a football game civil rights people will go ballistic. What about little kids who don't have an accepted ID yet going to a game with friends or family? I just don't see how they'd "force" anyone to be the one to use the ticket just because their name is on it.

Also, one last thought on the matter, lots of companies buy season tickets now and hand them out to clients as gifts or give them to employees as rewards or incentives. How would the league deal with their number one customer (corporate ticket buyers) suddenly not being allowed to transfer tickets to whomever they pleased?

Didn't you see the NFL Ticket exchange commercial for the Seahawks fan, "Gary"?

You buy your ticket electronically online. When you get to stadium, you go to special gate and they scan your ID or Credit Card you purchased with and it prints your ticket right there.

I did that for last Avs game. Pretty convenient.

I don't see how it's a civil rights issue. It's more of a security issue to protect consumer from fake tickets and the venue from scalpers.

I think it's a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you see the NFL Ticket exchange commercial for the Seahawks fan, "Gary"?

You buy your ticket electronically online. When you get to stadium, you go to special gate and they scan your ID or Credit Card you purchased with and it prints your ticket right there.

I did that for last Avs game. Pretty convenient.

I don't see how it's a civil rights issue. It's more of a security issue to protect consumer from fake tickets and the venue from scalpers.

I think it's a good idea.

I did see that commercial and thought it was pretty funny. Ironically, right after that ad came out me and my son went to the week 2 game in Seattle (vs San Fran, great game!) and had tickets we bought from a season ticket holder. Like "Gary" in the commercial they had a name on each ticket. They weren't our names but it didn't matter to security. They never even asked. Didn't want proof of who we were. They just scanned our tickets and we went in. I have never watched a game in another stadium but I'd bet it's pretty much the same thing everywhere else.

I don't think the league will ever get serious about this. There are too many variables for ticket buyers. What if something comes up (work obligations, kids get sick, you break your leg, whatever..), your tickets would be wasted if only you could use them. There would be far more empty seats and a lot less revenue for the stadiums and NFL from concession sales, parking, jersey sales, programs, etc..

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see that commercial and thought it was pretty funny. Ironically, right after that ad came out me and my son went to the week 2 game in Seattle (vs San Fran, great game!) and had tickets we bought from a season ticket holder. Like "Gary" in the commercial they had a name on each ticket. They weren't our names but it didn't matter to security. They never even asked. Didn't want proof of who we were. They just scanned our tickets and we went in. I have never watched a game in another stadium but I'd bet it's pretty much the same thing everywhere else.

I don't think the league will ever get serious about this. There are too many variables for ticket buyers. What if something comes up (work obligations, kids get sick, you break your leg, whatever..), your tickets would be wasted if only you could use them. There would be far more empty seats and a lot less revenue for the stadiums and NFL from concession sales, parking, jersey sales, programs, etc..

What you had was not what they are doing for the select Superbowl tickets and what they are doing for the Avs games.

You don't actually get the ticket in advance. You get an e-mail confirmation of your purchase. The only way to get your ticket is to show ID or purchase card and they scan it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl XLVIII: You can see Broncos-Seahawks for under $1,500 - CBSSports.com

Down 40%. Nice job NFL, having it in a cold weather venue. I personally don't think they screw up very often but IMO this was a STUPID idea!

Yeah have to agree that having this game in New York has not been one of their best moves. Instead of the game being focused on the actual teams both teams are only being asked about the weather and how they will deal with it. I also wonder with all of the Super Bowl activities that are usually outside what they are going to do. I mean I guess they can move it inside just kind of takes away from the event in my opinion.

What I find funny is New York has the most millionaires in the country yet they can't sell the tickets. Nobody wants to go freeze their butt off at $1,500-$10,000 a ticket when they could just buy a brand new tv and watch the game from home.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah have to agree that having this game in New York has not been one of their best moves. Instead of the game being focused on the actual teams both teams are only being asked about the weather and how they will deal with it. I also wonder with all of the Super Bowl activities that are usually outside what they are going to do. I mean I guess they can move it inside just kind of takes away from the event in my opinion.

What I find funny is New York has the most millionaires in the country yet they can't sell the tickets. Nobody wants to go freeze their butt off at $1,500-$10,000 a ticket when they could just buy a brand new tv and watch the game from home.
Agree the weather is factor but also been hearing there is no love loss for West Coast teams back there on East coast. There just isn`t much interest in these two teams and so like Cd said...Their just not going to freeze their butts off for teams their not excited to see. I think if it was Denver vs any east coast team ( excluding NY) I think weather would not be factor near as much as its being played in this situation for fan attendance/ interest/sales,etc.