• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much to extend Russell Wilson?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little off topic but regarding Wilson....

his Texas Rangers jersey is selling for $125.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Most of you probably knew this already, but for those of you who didn't: the Seahawks literally can't sign Wilson to a new contract until next offseason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of you probably knew this already, but for those of you who didn't: the Seahawks literally can't sign Wilson to a new contract until next offseason.

We all know that, still it's something the Seahawks have to account for this year in some fashion. Looking forward to seeing how things go with teams that have to deal with the problem this year. Should give us a clue on what is to follow.

So...what do you feel it will take to extend Kaep? Or do the 49ers wait another year?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So...what do you feel it will take to extend Kaep? Or do the 49ers wait another year?

I think it'll take (1) an incredibly stupid GM to extend his contract (rather than trading him, which will never happen) and (2) about 17.5 million a year in Kap space. :(

Either way I think they'll act this offseason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll take (1) an incredibly stupid GM to extend his contract (rather than trading him, which will never happen) and (2) about 17.5 million a year in Kap space. :(

Either way I think they'll act this offseason.

Well damn, while I'm happy to see the 49ers spend on Kaep, it makes me worry even more about what it cost to sign Wilson.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be stunned at all if Wilson took a deal in the $12 Million per year range to help the Seahawks keep as many players as possible. Even were he all about the money, he could make millions more per year in endorsements as a four-time Super Bowl champ than he would as a one-time champ.

And I don't think Russell is all about the money.
I agree that Russell is not about the money, but he is going to get whatever he wants.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the 49ers don't resign Kaepernick at too high of a price, because whatever Kap gets...Russell is going to point to his season numbers and his ring and he will get a fair amount more than Kap.

I hate teams like the Bears, Cowboys, and Ravens that pay their mediocre qbs to such big contracts. Cutler 18 mil, Romo 18 mil, Flacco 20 mil. If Russell wanted to he could just easily point to his resume and then to Cutler and Romo's resume and he'll automatically get 2-3 more than those guys. If he can make the argument that he's also better than Flacco (which I think he is), he gets more than the 20 mil.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If he can make the argument that he's also better than Flacco (which I think he is), he gets more than the 20 mil.

Despite Flacco's atrocious year I still think he's a better QB than Kaepernick, and I think he might've won the SB last year if he were on the 49ers.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to remember is all these others QBs making big money, were making big money as rookies with the old CBA. So no pressure to sign the second contract. RW on the other hand isn't making big money and waiting out the contract is a risk. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Security up front counts for something.

It does, but honestly, the way some of you guys rate him (we don't need to go there), and his overall perception ATM combined with that Super Bowl slaughter and the raise in cap, $20 could be the discount.

I personally don't go there, let alone full price, but the market is setting up to be very favorable for him, even with the small bit of added leverage of him still being under contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does, but honestly, the way some of you guys rate him (we don't need to go there), and his overall perception ATM combined with that Super Bowl slaughter and the raise in cap, $20 could be the discount.

I personally don't go there, let alone full price, but the market is setting up to be very favorable for him, even with the small bit of added leverage of him still being under contract.

Hate to say it , but it is starting to look like the price tag is getting much more expensive then I first thought. Just how much more is the question now.

Sasquatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
spacer.gif

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it , but it is starting to look like the price tag is getting much more expensive then I first thought. Just how much more is the question now.

Dont really need to worry about it. It's the price of doing bidness in the nfl. Id much rather have RW at a huge contract then Cutler, romo, flacco at their contracts.

We all know we benefited from RW's rookie contract, but that type of business model doesn't last. The biggest thing to remember is we got our ring. Had we not gotten the ring and then had to switch to the huge qb contract model that would of stung more.....