• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many games should Garrett be suspended?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burficts behavior typically gets him suspended for the reast of a season. I think this exceeds that. I think you have to give him at least a year, until week 10 of next season....at the least. If you don't, and he does this again and turns someone into a vegetable, I don't think the NFL could recover from that. But, at least a year, but this might warrant something even more extreme. Browns should just cut all ties.
That's crazy. 4 games would be good. No more than that.

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was a chance to still pull off a miracle I definitely don't fault a coach for trying to win. Hell, the Seahawks seem to to do it every week just to test my heart. But last night (with 14 seconds left and down 2 TD's) would have needed a miracle on top of a miracle with an added assist from God himself (herself?) to pull it off.
I agree completely! My point is coaches are not wired that way. Would you want a HC that decides to quit when it looks hopeless or would you want someone that will fight till they are made to stop.

No matter how incredibly impossible any comback we have seen was, I can guarantee it didn't start with the HC deciding to quit when it looked hopeless.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
74892365_2688289114598065_4152246091099668480_n.jpg

:ban:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, does anyone think that Tomlin bears at least a little responsibility in any of this? I mean they were down 2 TD's with under a minute to play and no timeouts, and they were around their own 10 or 15 yard line, and he's still trying to have Rudolph drop back and air it out? That seemed silly to me last night even before the melee broke out. I kept saying why don't they just take the knee and end this boring game? And as a result of Tomlin deciding to keep going for it he ended up getting Rudolph sacked (hard) twice on back to back plays, and nearly a third time when Garrett hit him late. If Tomlin just takes a knee on any of those last 3 snaps none of the fighting would ever have happened. So does anyone agree with me that Tomlin should have just conceded the game, took the knees and went to the dressing room?

Thank you!

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because of my hockey watching past I'm just more used to coaches pulling their goalie when they start getting embarrassed. Give the goalie a break, let him regroup for the next game. No need to leave a player in when they are struggling. That's kind of a hockey thing. Rudolph had been getting embarrassed all game. Giving him 2 or 3 more reps doesn't seem (to me) like it was going to be very beneficial for him. And if he'd blown out his Achilles or something then the coach would look extra foolish for leaving him in. I'm just saying that if I was the coach in that situation I'd probably have done it differently. No shame in conceding a game with seconds left that you know you've lost in my opinion. Live to fight another day.
I don't think that is why they pull the goalie.

This isn't on Tomlin at all.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because of my hockey watching past I'm just more used to coaches pulling their goalie when they start getting embarrassed. Give the goalie a break, let him regroup for the next game. No need to leave a player in when they are struggling. That's kind of a hockey thing. Rudolph had been getting embarrassed all game. Giving him 2 or 3 more reps doesn't seem (to me) like it was going to be very beneficial for him. And if he'd blown out his Achilles or something then the coach would look extra foolish for leaving him in. I'm just saying that if I was the coach in that situation I'd probably have done it differently. No shame in conceding a game with seconds left that you know you've lost in my opinion. Live to fight another day.

I agree for hockey (and to a lesser extent basketball) this is a good idea. It shouldn't be the coaches fault to be down 2 scores and trying to build momentum for the next week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok but you seem a little... biased
Nah...this was such a bizarre situation, it kinda goes beyond the color of the uniforms.

Maybe a little sure, but watching the play, I'd feel the same way if the QB was wearing some other color than black and gold.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are full on Oscar level stupid. Not to mention the going through all my posts to give face palms. Pathetic.
Such an emotional lad.

Lol, there's a bigger difference in IQ between me (higher, let's be clear) and you, than there is between you and an ape.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely! My point is coaches are not wired that way. Would you want a HC that decides to quit when it looks hopeless or would you want someone that will fight till they are made to stop.

No matter how incredibly impossible any comback we have seen was, I can guarantee it didn't start with the HC deciding to quit when it looked hopeless.

That's why I said I can kind of understand Pitts still trying to air it out when they got the ball back with 1:40 to go. Two quick scores in that situation aren't impossible so no harm in not giving up there. But, with only 14 seconds left, backed up to your own 17 yard line, it's 3rd and 29 and you have no timeouts, your O-line just let your starting QB get crushed on back to back plays, and your QB has been playing like garbage all night, I think I finally just take the knee there. Maybe that's just me, but you have to know when your beat.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing more than a 2 game suspension.

Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest of the season at least. Agree with other's that have said it's basically assault w/ a deadly weapon. Anyone on the street would get nailed for that.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game, like the rule book states

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 59 minutes and 46 seconds of playing terrible I'm pretty sure Tomlin had a good idea of how well Rudolph was playing last night. Forget the fight for a minute. Pretend it never happened. It would still seem odd (to me at least) to have your starting QB out there in that situation. You already lost 5 other players to bad injuries in this game, you've lost your star QB to injury earlier in the year, and your current starter just got rocked on back to back plays, so if I'm the coach I'm thinking it's time to cut my losses and not risk getting him hurt in obvious lost cause of a game. Tomlin clearly didn't think that way. I just thought it was dumb. Just my opinion.

Putting it the way you just did....... Totally see your point

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s assault at the least... 6 months in jail on the street.. now add the weapon and that’s at least a year right?!

— James Harrison (@jharrison9292) November 15, 2019

'That's assault': NFL players react to Myles Garrett's helmet-swinging attack in Steelers-Browns melee

Tackling someone on the street is also assault, should we arrest every NFL player who has ever tackled someone?

Hockey players fight almost every game, should we arrest them for assault?

Baseball players throw baseballs at peoples heads and also fight...Discuss

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know you weren't. :suds:
Anyway they have the Bengals so hopefully they can show up.
On a side note that game might be one of the biggest sh*t shows due to the awful QB's.

Yup. Turned it off after the first quarter

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 EVER....he should never step on an NFL field ever again....friggin disgrace and an embarrassment for the league....thug.
.loser...:crazy:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackling someone on the street is also assault, should we arrest every NFL player who has ever tackled someone?

Hockey players fight almost every game, should we arrest them for assault?

Its James Harrison, I take everything he says with a grain of salt