• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many games should Garrett be suspended?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think James Harrison will get a 4 game suspension for this, too.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest of season. This one is pretty simple.

Garrett just hurt his team's chances of running the table and making the playoffs because he can't control himself. Stupid move

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be the rest of the season, and I wish the Browns would come out and suspend him before the NFL.

In this case, the penalty may be more than a team can levy. Team have limitations on how many games they can suspend a player according to the CBA, but the league can do whatever they want.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be rest of season and a fine. Which I don't think he'd fight it.

Rudolph 1 or 2 games. Either that or the league forces the Steelers to make Kaepernick their new QB.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer to see him never play another down again.

He'll probably be suspended the rest of the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be rest of season and a fine. Which I don't think he'd fight it.

Rudolph 1 or 2 games. Either that or the league forces the Steelers to make Kaepernick their new QB.

Garrett...balance of the '19 season.

Pouncey...2 games

Ogunjobi...1 game

Rudolph...1 game

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett will be done for at least the remainder of this season. Probably a bunch of games next season too because what he did was so malicious, violent, and stupid.

Pouncy is likely looking at being suspended 3 or 4 games too. He might get a little leniency because he was reacting to protect his quarterback after witnessing one of the most egregious assaults he's probably ever seen on a football field. He might have been ok and just got fined if he'd have stuck to throwing a couple punches, but when he started kicking at a downed player's head (I know he didn't connect, it won't matter) that's when the league is going to say he went way, way too far.

Ogunjobi might even see a one game suspension for his late, blind side attack on Rudolph too. But that one is not so certain.

Plus, don't forget about the helmet to helmet hit by Randall in the second half that had blood running out of Johnson's ear. I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL gave Randall a game or two for that one too just because they have such an emphasis on head shots and player safety right now.

Should be real interesting to see what the league does with all this.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett...balance of the '19 season.

Pouncey...2 games

Ogunjobi...1 game

Rudolph...1 game

Rudolph won't get suspended. All he did was get a bit overheated and pulled at a guy's helmet. I can't see why the league would suspend him even though he was being a bit of an instigator.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POS should be banned from the NFL for life. Fuck that tard summabitch! Make an example out of him or this will soon be common place after games.

Some chicks bared their boobs at the WS and got banned for life....for showing their tits ! This muthufuka just used his safety equipment to assault another defenseless player!

Charges, a fine, total ban and some jail time is in order for that POS IMO!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, does anyone think that Tomlin bears at least a little responsibility in any of this? I mean they were down 2 TD's with under a minute to play and no timeouts, and they were around their own 10 or 15 yard line, and he's still trying to have Rudolph drop back and air it out? That seemed silly to me last night even before the melee broke out. I kept saying why don't they just take the knee and end this boring game? And as a result of Tomlin deciding to keep going for it he ended up getting Rudolph sacked (hard) twice on back to back plays, and nearly a third time when Garrett hit him late. If Tomlin just takes a knee on any of those last 3 snaps none of the fighting would ever have happened. So does anyone agree with me that Tomlin should have just conceded the game, took the knees and went to the dressing room?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Pouncy an award.

I understand what Pouncy was doing. You see it all the time in hockey when players protect their goalie too. But where he fucked up is when he temporarily lost his marbles and started kicking at a players head that was lying on the ground. He'll pay for that I'm sure.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph won't get suspended. All he did was get a bit overheated and pulled at a guy's helmet. I can't see why the league would suspend him even though he was being a bit of an instigator.

It depends on how they view his overraction...as you said technically he was the instigator.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, does anyone think that Tomlin bears at least a little responsibility in any of this? I mean they were down 2 TD's with under a minute to play and no timeouts, and they were around their own 10 or 15 yard line, and he's still trying to have Rudolph drop back and air it out? That seemed silly to me last night even before the melee broke out. I kept saying why don't they just take the knee and end this boring game? And as a result of Tomlin deciding to keep going for it he ended up getting Rudolph sacked (hard) twice on back to back plays, and nearly a third time when Garrett hit him late. If Tomlin just takes a knee on any of those last 3 snaps none of the fighting would ever have happened. So does anyone agree with me that Tomlin should have just conceded the game, took the knees and went to the dressing room?
Same could be said for Kitchens. They game was over and not need to have your star defenders out there. Really both coaches are equal on this one but yeah really silly.

The the complete utter nonsense from the refs to have them continue to play with 8 seconds left. :L

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3