• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long until Dez signs with pats

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker out. Dez in.

But yeah, Dez is too much of a drama queen for the Pats. Only room for one and his name is Tom.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vet minimum the only way. One year prove it deal.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Cowboys tire of his act so quickly then?

Dez's number dropped when Dak to office and everyone seems to want to put that on Dez. Did he have some drops? Yes all WRs do, when Dez had a decent QB Romo he had good numbers. When WRs bitch about touches it received as them being a cancer. Shit I want a WR that bitched about not getting the ball. But not one that pouts and takes plays off because of it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Cowboys tire of his act so quickly then?
A lot of reasons. Ran the wrong routes. Missed hot reads. Too many drops. Distraction. Paid a lot of money. Could not get any separation at all. No speed. Always complaining.

But, as much passion and desire to win as anyone.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez could not even grasp the Jason Garrett playbook for several years. What makes anyone think he could grasp the Pats playbook and co-exist with Brady and Belichick?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez could not even grasp the Jason Garrett playbook for several years. What makes anyone think he could grasp the Pats playbook and co-exist with Brady and Belichick?
Because for the most part he would be used as a RZ receiver where the plays become more limited. Look this won't happen but if it did the Pats would have 6 or 8 routes that they would designate for Dez. A lot of people want to act as Dez is some dumb dogshit of a player but the truth is he was very effective and while no one thinks he will get back to his glory day's but that does not mean he can't be an effective player when called upon.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of reasons. Ran the wrong routes. Missed hot reads. Too many drops. Distraction. Paid a lot of money. Could not get any separation at all. No speed. Always complaining.

But, as much passion and desire to win as anyone.
And you are thinking the Patriots might sign a guy like this? Good heavens!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are thinking the Patriots might sign a guy like this? Good heavens!
i don't think I said they will did I?

BUT...if you want my opinion, yes I think they might if they can get him for peanuts. Don't they seem to think they can save everyone? I'm not sure Dez will be happy not being one of the top 3 WRs. So that is where I see the issue. Maybe Jax is a better spot for him to ruin

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUT...if you want my opinion, yes I think they might if they can get him for peanuts. Don't they seem to think they can save everyone? I'm not sure Dez will be happy not being one of the top 3 WRs. So that is where I see the issue. Maybe Jax is a better spot for him to ruin

I guess you havn't been paying attention to the Pats.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, but my original response was to that question which was proposed by the OP. You responded and I thought that was your stance as well.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you havn't been paying attention to the Pats.

From the point of view of Dez, NE, GB and NO were the obvious places.

From the point of view of NE, they currently have about as plain a vanilla corps as they could, especially sans Edelman.

If Dez can catch on there he would know he'd have to put up or shut up.

If NE got him cheaply and got him to buy in, they'd potentially have a lethal 1-2 in the redzone, even without Edelman.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the point of view of Dez, NE, GB and NO were the obvious places.

From the point of view of NE, they currently have about as plain a vanilla corps as they could, especially sans Edelman.

If Dez can catch on there he would know he'd have to put up or shut up.

If NE got him cheaply and got him to buy in, they'd potentially have a lethal 1-2 in the redzone, even without Edelman.

Strange you chose to use the word catch?

Dez's chances just diminished. They let Decker go. Apparently they like WRs who can catch.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah.

Dez is worth a look.

You don't think so? I can live with that.
I said I'd take him at vet minimum on a one year prove it.
Still doesn't change the fact he needs to learn to hold onto the damn ball.