• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you ask an NFL gm if a center is one of the least important positions in the nfl they would say “hell no”. Once again basing position importance based on the draft is ridiculous, people draft off of need not position importance.

I don't think this is true. Every draft we see QB, edge rushers, LT's and CBs taken much higher than we see centers and guards. I find it hard to believe that teams at the top of the draft never need upgrades at guard or center. The draft history is as it is because GMs value those positions I listed over interior OL. They are aware it's a better bet to find a pro bowl guard in the 3rd round than it is to find the next Von Miller there.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is true. Every draft we see QB, edge rushers, LT's and CBs taken much higher than we see centers and guards. I find it hard to believe that teams at the top of the draft never need upgrades at guard or center. The draft history is as it is because GMs value those positions I listed over interior OL. They are aware it's a better bet to find a pro bowl guard in the 3rd round than it is to find the next Von Miller there.
We've gone through this with PE1. Problem with using the draft as a measuring is the talent between the top C's and the 10th is a small gap, whereas the talent between top QB's, OT's, DE's and others is often substantial, so why draft high when you get almost the same talent 10 guys later. In addition teams tend to find their C and are good to go for years with their guy. If QB's were so close in talent level, teams wouldn't always be over drafting bad QBs so often.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure anyone has ever stated Centers are more important than QBs, edge rushers or LTs but while using the draft holds a correlation, it is flawed, because you only have one Center starting and maybe only one on the roster. My biggest problem is using draft position as an absolute. So instead of saying this helps show Centers are less important, people pretend it is a fact. That is where they go wrong. Because there certainly is a correlation between draft and "importance". But, if the Cowboys drafted a superstar Center he would not play until Frederick retires so they wouldn't do so even if the highest rated player. If they drafted an OT he has two chances to outplay a guy or get in the game via injury. If you miss on a LT he may still be a good RT. If you miss on a center he is a highly paid bench player.

I have to say IMO the idea of ranking positions after QB is just stupid. It's a combo of position and player and scheme. I would take C Travis Frederick over Trent Brown who is the highest paid OT in the NFL. I'd take OG Zack Martin over 90% of the players in the entire league. If you play a team that throws the ball constantly your run stopping ILB may not see the field. If you play a team like the Ravens (before these two games of course) he may be one of your most important players.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also mentioned guards guys. I'm not weighing in on the center debate as I agree with you, just shooting holes in the theory that teams draft strictly by need and do not weigh some positions more heavily than others. Clearly that's not true, some positions are considered more important than others and the draft pattern clearly shows that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak doesn't have the ability to win an MVP and the Vegas odds prove it to be the case

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak doesn't have the ability to win an MVP and the Vegas odds prove it to be the case

Dak has better odds than Wentz.

:pound:

Can’t make this shit up.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this headline today and thought the Eagles traded for the return of Foles.

"Eagles actually getting an important player back for a change"

Turns out their just getting an unimportant Line Backer back.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:brittle:

heh, it works.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wentz becoming insignificant?

Used to hear things like Wentz vs. Dak

Used to hear Wentz vs. Goff which makes sense since since they 1 & 2.

Used to hear Wentz vs. Mayfield thanks to Hue & the Browns.

Nowadays for the moment. We are just hearing about Dak

Then on NFL network I was hearing who would you rather have.
Goff or Mayfield. :eek:

Seems like the media is jumping off the Wentz bandwagon, while all the others he was compared with are still being spoken of.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wentz becoming insignificant?

Used to hear things like Wentz vs. Dak

Used to hear Wentz vs. Goff which makes sense since since they 1 & 2.

Used to hear Wentz vs. Mayfield thanks to Hue & the Browns.

Nowadays for the moment. We are just hearing about Dak

Then on NFL network I was hearing who would you rather have.
Goff or Mayfield. :eek:

Seems like the media is jumping off the Wentz bandwagon, while all the others he was compared with are still being spoken of.

Did you see Wentz crying as he came off the field last week?

North Dakota TOUGH.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was following whatever the last offensive play was and they knew they had lost the game.

I always said that boy has the heart of a Leading Clipboard Holder. Now he may be relegated to my ALCH

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong but unlike Drew Brees, Big Ben, Cam, and Big dick Nick, Carson Wentz is actually going to play this week. Bunch of Brittle bitches if you aks me

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong but unlike Drew Brees, Big Ben, Cam, and Big dick Nick, Carson Wentz is actually going to play this week. Bunch of Brittle bitches if you aks me
Its not Sunday yet. Never underestimate Wentz hurting himself.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but will he play all 4 quarters?

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO imagine losing to Stafford in your own crib.

Just imagine that for a second boys. Who the hell does that?

WE WANT THE CHAMP! WE WANT FOLES! WE WANT FOLES!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: