• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked multiple questions. All of which you dodged.

You keep making it sound like a freshman in college is making $70k. Not even after graduation do most students fall into a 70k job. We know anyone with a teaching cert isn't making 70k in the majority of school districts. So stop with the bs. A freshman maybe has a part time job. He/she is incurring debt for 4+ years.

If you're man enough go back and answer my questions. You won't because you're not and you know you're wrong on so many accounts.

Like many on here. I joined the military, got a degree that I actually used (unlike the majority of kids coming out of school, that can actually find a decent paying job). Spent 30 years. Purchased multiple properties while I was in. I've now sold them all and own my house overseas because I paid cash for it. My retirement check is more then enough to cover all my expenses. I travel when and where I want, whenever I want.

Yep I'm one of those uneducated people who didn't graduate HS and immediately start incurring debt. Instead I started a career, contributed to society, got an education and retired at 50.

MERICA:salute:

I don’t know what questions you asked me?
I didn’t say freshman in college make 70,000. I said AFTER they graduate they start earning.
Don’t know why your panties are in a bind for me thinking it’s more effective to go right to college and pay off the loans when you start working. What’s the big issue? You’re saying it’s waaaay better to go to the military for 4 years and then go to college? I disagree.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Really appreciate the post. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it. Just can't wait till we get these things paid off. Oh, and no kiddos just yet for us, was just saying that's another thing that change your plans some.

Also, if you and you’re wife are making over 6 figures with no kids I’d recommend to go extra frugal and knock that debt out in no time. You guys should have plenty of extra cash. As I got older I realized the biggest waste of money are nice new cars.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Universities have been living large. When kids started taking on debt for college, the anniversaries correctly realized that
kids would pay if the could borrow the money. They then learned they could raise tuition costs because it was the "bank" paying the bills. They raised the tuition rates to an exorbitant amount and the kids keep paying. They keep raising and raising tuition costs. The anniversaries are immoral in cost, action, and teaching.

VERDICT: Jury awards Gibson's Bakery $11 million against Oberlin College

Berkeley College Negligence Lawsuit: Must-See Details

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what questions you asked me?
I didn’t say freshman in college make 70,000. I said AFTER they graduate they start earning.
Don’t know why your panties are in a bind for me thinking it’s more effective to go right to college and pay off the loans when you start working. What’s the big issue? You’re saying it’s waaaay better to go to the military for 4 years and then go to college? I disagree.

Your posts insinuated they make $70k while in school. At the same time you also discount a service member making an income for those 4 years putting the college student behind them in earnings but way ahead in debt.

Also unlike you I haven't stated which path is better. The military sure isn't for everyone. Basically 1% of the population can make a career in the military.

Go back and look at my posts from today on this thread. There aren't that many and they will show you where your false $70k verse someone in the military is so wrong.

You'll also be able to answer my questions if you dare to look more foolish?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your posts insinuated they make $70k while in school. At the same time you also discount a service member making an income for those 4 years putting the college student behind them in earnings but way ahead in debt.

Also unlike you I haven't stated which path is better. The military sure isn't for everyone. Basically 1% of the population can make a career in the military.

Go back and look at my posts from today on this thread. There aren't that many and they will show you where your false $70k verse someone in the military is so wrong.

He won’t go back and read them and he certainly won’t respond to them. He got owned and he knows it. He asked for us to explain it and we did. All he has left is to ignore and take extreme positions like “you’re saying military is always better than going to college”. Nobody has said that. It’s HE who is saying “college is ALWAYS better than military”. It’s his constant taking of extreme positions like this that is his constant undoing

Pretty dumb for an “education” man to keep taking such dumb positions.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t insinuate at all the make money during college.

OK I’ll go look for your questions...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much did that kid make while he was in college? Oh was he in community college? So he only accumulated a small debt. Yet this same kid is walking into a $70k job? You're full of shit. Give this arguement up. You're getting educated by a bunch of us uneducated fucks.

He didn’t make anything in college but he gets 4 year headstart of making real money not $18000 a year. And when that military kid goes to college he also isn’t making any money from 22 to 26. Did I answer your question?
You really didn’t ask me any questions and claimed victory and said I ignored your questions and there weren’t any. WTF dude.
You’re acting like I’m a raving lunatic for saying “Go to CC for 2 years, then University for 2 years and start working full time at 22 instead of 26. I think your career and monies will be better served by then. Is that such awful advice? Then you rant and rave about how you schooled be and how I didn’t answer the questions you never asked. Why does everything have to be a fucking game and full of insults?

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won’t go back and read them and he certainly won’t respond to them. He got owned and he knows it. He asked for us to explain it and we did. All he has left is to ignore and take extreme positions like “you’re saying military is always better than going to college”. Nobody has said that. It’s HE who is saying “college is ALWAYS better than military”. It’s his constant taking of extreme positions like this that is his constant undoing

Pretty dumb for an “education” man to keep taking such dumb positions.

He didn’t even ask me anything and you jump right in with him. Why does every conversation have to be a game. I wasn’t taking an extreme position. I simply said that you are better served getting the degree and making real money and avoiding the 18,000 a year and free tuition. You’re better served making bigger money as fast as you can. Still believe that and I think most people would agree. You just go on attack mode because you chose a different route and it hurts. Not trying to hurt you, just saying the route I think is more beneficial.
And... I didn’t even bring up avoiding the PTSD, the depression and mental health issues. The 22 suicides each and every day by our vets. That’s another reason that I think is something to be considered. You ready mentally at 18 to go kill people and risk your life too. Not worth it to me for no debt.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t even ask me anything and you jump right in with him. Why does every conversation have to be a game. I wasn’t taking an extreme position. I simply said that you are better served getting the degree and making real money and avoiding the 18,000 a year and free tuition. You’re better served making bigger money as fast as you can. Still believe that and I think most people would agree. You just go on attack mode because you chose a different route and it hurts. Not trying to hurt you, just saying the route I think is more beneficial.
And... I didn’t even bring up avoiding the PTSD, the depression and mental health issues. The 22 suicides each and every day by are vets. That’s another reason that I think is something to be considered. You ready mentally at 18 to go kill people and risk your life too. Not worth it to me for no debt.

Hahaha. Didn’t take extreme positions??? You just fvcking did!!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. Didn’t take extreme positions??? You just fvcking did!!

That’s extreme? That’s just advice. I don’t get how you find “extreme positions”. It’s a simple, general position that most people would agree with.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here’s the deal IMO. If you went to the military you would have delayed 4 years of earning. Since you said you make more then 70 grand I’ll go with 75 grand. You are passing up 300,000 of income to spend 4 years in the military to knock out college loans. If you owe more then 300,000 in loans it would have been worth going to the military ... but I doubt it’s a 1/3 of that.

This is oversimplifying though. I think its actually 3 years to qualify for the GI bill and you are not accounting for interest on the loans, taxes on the salary, income from the military nor any additional jobs you might hold while off duty in the military. Also, if you go to grad school, that further complicates things because you typically have to take loans that accrue interest while you are in school. Also, the GI bill covers more than what loans might cover (depending on how frugal you are with taking loans). I typically paid for my own books and didn't take loans for that but thats still a cost that might not get reflected in loans from your model.

Basically, the way I'm looking at it, you can spend 3 years in military and walk out of school debt free or you take loans and walk out of school with 10 years of debt. In retrospect, I'd take the former. That's my 2 cents on it.

Of course I have a good buddy that went to school on the GI bill and still somehow raked up $30k in loans just for his bachelor's. He didn't work at all through college though.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t make anything in college but he gets 4 year headstart of making real money not $18000 a year. And when that military kid goes to college he also isn’t making any money from 22 to 26. Did I answer your question?

Again go read my posts before you look even more ridiculous. You're out of your league here. You know zero about what you're talking about.

Many on here have told you it's not just the $20k base pay a service memeber receives. They also receive BAH/BAS if married, single depending on rank and availabilty of on base housing. Even if they live in the barracks they get three hots and a cot free. All while a college student is paying for that or living at home with mom.
Service members also are eligible for bonuses. Some are six figures.
Service Members (SM) also get COLA or Cost Of Living Allowances.
A SM also may get incentive pays, longevity pays, sea pay, special duty pay, hazardous duty pay.
None of these numbers are included in the $20k.
FREE tution while serving.
FREE medical and dental.
They are also investing in their future. If they choose the military as a career they are investing only time toward a retirement. If they choose a government job all the time served is awarded to them. So day 1 the 4 year Soldier is already ahead of the college student as far as longevity is concerned.
The SM can also be investing for their future because unlike a student they have a steady income coming in.

Bottom line don't confuse base pay with how much a SM actually makes. You're waaaaayyyyy off.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if you and you’re wife are making over 6 figures with no kids I’d recommend to go extra frugal and knock that debt out in no time. You guys should have plenty of extra cash. As I got older I realized the biggest waste of money are nice new cars.

Yeah, unfortunately things aren't that simple for us financially right now. She's got some pretty serious medical problems going on and also can't work.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is oversimplifying though. I think its actually 3 years to qualify for the GI bill and you are not accounting for interest on the loans, taxes on the salary, income from the military nor any additional jobs you might hold while off duty in the military. Also, if you go to grad school, that further complicates things because you typically have to take loans that accrue interest while you are in school. Also, the GI bill covers more than what loans might cover (depending on how frugal you are with taking loans). I typically paid for my own books and didn't take loans for that but thats still a cost that might not get reflected in loans from your model.

Basically, the way I'm looking at it, you can spend 3 years in military and walk out of school debt free or you take loans and walk out of school with 10 years of debt. In retrospect, I'd take the former. That's my 2 cents on it.

Of course I have a good buddy that went to school on the GI bill and still somehow raked up $30k in loans just for his bachelor's. He didn't work at all through college though.

Thank you. I will say that some of us made similar points earlier which he ignored so don’t be surprised if he ignores/glosses over these points. That being said, these well stated points are appreciated

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I almost forgot a SM gets 30 days paid vacation starting year one. Accumulated at 2.5 days per month which you can borrow against. Most kids now a days are lucky to get even ONE week vacation and it surely won't be paid.

SM also gets unlimited sick days and maternal/paternal leave.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, unfortunately things aren't that simple for us financially right now. She's got some pretty serious medical problems going on and also can't work.

Damn bro, sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out quickly and she gets better soon. Health is the most important thing.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I almost forgot a SM gets 30 days paid vacation starting year one. Accumulated at 2.5 days per month which you can borrow against. Most kids now a days are lucky to get even ONE week vacation and it surely won't be paid.

SM also gets unlimited sick days and maternal/paternal leave.

That’s all fine and dandy. I guess you’re saying everyone should go to the military because financially it’s the better route. I disagree. The catch 22 is that we need military but you never address the PTSD, the depression, the incredible suicide rate. The getting killed for student loan debt. What about that part.
Can you tell me what dudes get a 6 figure bonus for doing the 4 year inlist? Is this common or a one in a million?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I didn’t say only idiots join
2. I said IMO the best career route is to go to college and start earning ASAP
3. I said most kids who have the option to go to college and not turn it down for the military... especially the kids who do really well in HS.
You said the dumb kids go to the military.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s all fine and dandy. I guess you’re saying everyone should go to the military because financially it’s the better route. I disagree. The catch 22 is that we need military but you never address the PTSD, the depression, the incredible suicide rate. The getting killed for student loan debt. What about that part.
Can you tell me what dudes get a 6 figure bonus for doing the 4 year inlist? Is this common or a one in a million?
Your reading comp for an educator SUCKS. Did I not say the military is not for everyone? Did I not say "unlike you" I didn't take a stand. I just pointed out multiple places you were wrong in this thread.
It's more common then a student making $70k. There are multiple fields that get a six figure bonus. I don't know them all and it changes based on the needs of the service. Special Ops for one, nuke submariners, some medical equipment types...
Too easy I just googled military bonuses and here is the first thing that popped up.

Sorry but the military isn't the only one with PTSD or other issues. It is sad we're losing so many. All high stress jobs are seeing trends going up. Police are losing members at an alarming rate.

But let's stay on topic. Or should I start bringing up campus rapes, murders, arrests, date r*pe, hazing gone wrong, vandalism, ODs, assaults...?

You really should stop. You're way over your head. Or at least answer my questions. I'm at least man enough to answer your nonesense.