• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record. IMO It's only one stat (albeit a pretty important one) so to me it isn't the be all end all of who has played better. I just find it funny that again, anything Dak is good at and in particular better than Wentz at must be a fluke or meaningless or because of the OL, Zeke or the defense or there must be some other excuse for it like in this case above...Wentz hasn't been behind much...please...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it often and it seems like a good time to say it again:

Wentz may be miles better than Dak, it just hasn't shown itself to be true in the first three seasons.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it often and it seems like a good time to say it again:

Wentz may be miles better than Dak, it just hasn't shown itself to be true in the first three seasons.

The potential to be great has shown itself in Wentz. The potential to be good Dak has shown. Obviously Wentz has a huge flaw in comparing each because of the injuries. I don’t want to fight or sound like a jerk but this post sounds like you are really hedging your bet.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potential to be great has shown itself in Wentz. The potential to be good Dak has shown. Obviously Wentz has a huge flaw in comparing each because of the injuries. I don’t want to fight or sound like a jerk but this post sounds like you are really hedging your bet.

Not at all, I've been consistent with regards to comparing their first 3 seasons. It's always been you talking about potential, rocket arm, and almost MVP. Anyone can see at this point, very little separates #2 overall to a 4th round draft pick...not in stats, not in wins. 99.9% of top drafted QB's have the "potential" to be great or they wouldn't be #1 or #2 overall in the draft. It's your usual BS on this topic and it's killing you that your guy hasn't separated himself from Dak.
May happen, may not, but "great" can not be assumed.

You like to label players, which to me is crazy after 3 seasons. Nobody saw Drew Brees as great after 3 years, but he became great over time. I don't see Wentz nor Dak as great at this time, but many folks have Russell Wilson trending as great and if you look at the stats of Wilson after 3 seasons and Dak's they compare. You go ahead and do what you do, I'll wait and see how this turns out over time.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re so full of shit with all your “A-MVP” nonsense. Big Ben has never won the NFL MVP but Wentz is better than him because of some 13 game stretch on a team that won the SB WITHOUT him? Check out Ben’s stats for 2014. Tell me those aren’t great numbers yet you know how many first place MVP votes he got? Zero. So that means Ben isn’t “great”? He’s a HOF QB dipshit!

You are so desperate for acknowledgment that Wentz is “phenomenal” that you lie continuously. Moreover, your so jealous of Dak that it drives you crazy. You point to Daks previous years and say “yeah, he was good but not ‘great’” as somehow proof that he’ll NEVER be great but you ignore the fact that Wentz is nowhere near the levels he was supposedly at SINCE the injury and just dismiss it saying “he’s a generational talent”.

You’re so blinded I’d say it’s unbelievable but there are a lot of insecure Wentz fanboys out there that are ALMOST as bad as you.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the part you are IMHO missing and misconstruing - at least from what I'm saying personally. Most Cowboys fans will agree that Wentz has more POTENTIAL and natural God given QB ability than Dak and perhaps by a lot. The part where the disagreement comes in and which you seem to be portraying as "us" saying Dak has more potential or saying we KNOW he will be better is when we say Dak has been for the most part as good or better SO FAR. It may sound like semantics, but it's not.

Going back to potential the reason some may also say they think Dak has a better career is because of the intangibles and the injuries Wentz has had and the fact that Dak, in their opinion, so far been better in this very limited amount of time they have both been in the league. But as far as pure potential and physical ability Wentz checks all the boxes and is well above (IMO) Dak. But, so did both Peyton Manning (at the high end of the graph) and Ryan Leaf (at the low end). Time will tell where on that graph Wentz's career ultimately fits in. Dak can never be Peyton Manning. He just doesn't have that skill set (he can be RW IMO). But, that doesn't mean that when all is said and done that he may not end up better than Wentz for whatever reason (injuries, etc). We just don't know what will happen and we are very happy with our guy.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can say hedging the bet, I say its simply the book isn't closed on the matter.

But you already have that book archived.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re so full of shit with all your “A-MVP” nonsense. Big Ben has never won the NFL MVP but Wentz is better than him because of some 13 game stretch on a team that won the SB WITHOUT him? Check out Ben’s stats for 2014. Tell me those aren’t great numbers yet you know how many first place MVP votes he got? Zero. So that means Ben isn’t “great”? He’s a HOF QB dipshit!

You are so desperate for acknowledgment that Wentz is “phenomenal” that you lie continuously. Moreover, your so jealous of Dak that it drives you crazy. You point to Daks previous years and say “yeah, he was good but not ‘great’” as somehow proof that he’ll NEVER be great but you ignore the fact that Wentz is nowhere near the levels he was supposedly at SINCE the injury and just dismiss it saying “he’s a generational talent”.

You’re so blinded I’d say it’s unbelievable but there are a lot of insecure Wentz fanboys out there that are ALMOST as bad as you.

Doesn’t drive me crazy at all. Dak is a good QB and I’m not one of these people who say he has a noodle arm and is just a RB. Dallas can win a SB with Dak. But he will never be great. Wentz has the ability to be great.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say hedging the bet, I say its simply the book isn't closed on the matter.

But you already have that book archived.

I can see the type of QBs they are. It’s really not that hard to see.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part you are IMHO missing and misconstruing - at least from what I'm saying personally. Most Cowboys fans will agree that Wentz has more POTENTIAL and natural God given QB ability than Dak and perhaps by a lot. The part where the disagreement comes in and which you seem to be portraying as "us" saying Dak has more potential or saying we KNOW he will be better is when we say Dak has been for the most part as good or better SO FAR. It may sound like semantics, but it's not.

Going back to potential the reason some may also say they think Dak has a better career is because of the intangibles and the injuries Wentz has had and the fact that Dak, in their opinion, so far been better in this very limited amount of time they have both been in the league. But as far as pure potential and physical ability Wentz checks all the boxes and is well above (IMO) Dak. But, so did both Peyton Manning (at the high end of the graph) and Ryan Leaf (at the low end). Time will tell where on that graph Wentz's career ultimately fits in. Dak can never be Peyton Manning. He just doesn't have that skill set (he can be RW IMO). But, that doesn't mean that when all is said and done that he may not end up better than Wentz for whatever reason (injuries, etc). We just don't know what will happen and we are very happy with our guy.

I can live with this. Not trying to be a dick cause Dak redeemed himself when he got a threat at WR but there were many Cowboy fans asking Dak to be benched last year. Wentz never had a stretch like that.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t drive me crazy at all. Dak is a good QB and I’m not one of these people who say he has a noodle arm and is just a RB. Dallas can win a SB with Dak. But he will never be great. Wentz has the ability to be great.

Nice deflection. Your flawed logic also says Ben can’t be “great” either.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with this. Not trying to be a dick cause Dak redeemed himself when he got a threat at WR but there were many Cowboy fans asking Dak to be benched last year. Wentz never had a stretch like that.

He was benched.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were many Cowboy fans asking Dak to be benched last year.
GOD O MIGHTY DOES THIS GET OLD

I've seen every Dallas QB and there was only one (1) (Staubach) that some Dallas fans wanted to see benched.
This is as lame as it gets but you keep playing to it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOD O MIGHTY DOES THIS GET OLD

I've seen every Dallas QB and there was only one (1) (Staubach) that some Dallas fans wanted to see benched.
This is as lame as it gets but you keep playing to it.

I know personnaly ONE Cowboy fan who wanted Dak benched but he's on the racist side of the deck of cards and I'm sure skin color played into his gripes.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know personnaly ONE Cowboy fan who wanted Dak benched but he's on the racist side of the deck of cards and I'm sure skin color played into his gripes.

PE1 can claim cowboys fans wanted Dak benched but if anyone says Philly fans were mad at mcnabb he will claim bullshit.

Guy just gets exposed over and over

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 can claim cowboys fans wanted Dak benched but if anyone says Philly fans were mad at mcnabb he will claim bullshit.

Guy just gets exposed over and over
I'm sure there was a few fans calling for Dak benching until you asked those people who do do replace him with. Then they shut their pie holes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Nothing new in Dallas or really in the NFL. Eli won a SB after fans wanted him benched the first time and I suspect others did too. Fans are idiots.

2) There were 2 Eagles posters on here that wanted Foles instead of Wentz.

3) I suspect a lot of young QB in Dak's situation would have had some angry fans the last half of 2017 and first half of 2018. Take out that 16 game stretch and he's been great. But it goes both ways. Twice Foles took Wentz's team to a higher level and last year the season was over when Wentz went out and then his backup came in and brought them back from the dead. That's not a very common thing with a franchise QB. Which is more damning? A team playing so badly that a handful of fans want the QB benched or a team playing bad with Wentz that all of a sudden is a playoff contender after he goes out???

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's two facts

Dak played better in year 3 vs. year 2.
Wentz played worse in year 3 vs. year 2.

This doesn't mean Dak will continue to improve or Wentz will continue to regress. Just means we need to wait and see who's better. Let alone the two rookies in NY and Washington could both be better. OK I dont see that in Jones but that I like that rook in Washington. I wish they didn't draft him.