• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already pointed out the Chip Kelly mistake, however it was quickly fixed. The medical “upheaval” happens.

How can you call the Eagles a “shit show” when they’re two years removed from a Bowl, in good position to het back this year, and have been a consistent playoff team under the Lurie tenure.

I’d say the “shit shows” are organizations like they Redskins, The Browns, The Raiders, The Bucs, etc.

Good position to get back there?? Bwhahaha. Bookmarking this.

Add letting the SB MVP QB who has a statute in his honor outside the stadium walking to the list of why they are a shit show.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Add letting the SB MVP QB who has a statute in his honor outside the stadium walking to the list of why they are a shit show.

Go ahead and bookmark it. It’s not like it’s an outlandish prediction that goes against the Consensus.

I just want to know what you’re gonna do if It proves true.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and bookmark it. It’s not like it’s an outlandish prediction that goes against the Consensus.

I just want to know what you’re gonna do if It proves true.

I’ll be right here. Don’t worry. You know they are predicted to have about 9 wins this year, right? That’s just over .500

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be right here. Don’t worry. You know they are predicted to have about 9 wins this year, right? That’s just over .500

Good to know you’ll be here.

Last I’ve seen the Eagles were predicted at 10 on a lot of sites and most predictions have them either wining the division or getting one of the Wild Cards.

Which makes sense again considering the talent on both sides of the ball, the schedule being manageable and not dealing with the SB Hangover.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know you’ll be here.

Last I’ve seen the Eagles were predicted at 10 on a lot of sites and most predictions have them either wining the division or getting one of the Wild Cards.

Which makes sense again considering the talent on both sides of the ball, the schedule being manageable and not dealing with the SB Hangover.

I’ve read that as well. I wouldn’t call that a “consensus to reach the SB” but apparently you do.

The consensus is that they have added lots of weapons on offense and there really are no more excuses.

It’s my opinion that Wentz’s most effective year was due mostly to his ability to convert on third down. He had high numbers in that category because he was a threat to run and gain the first down. However, since the knee surgery I haven’t seen that return. Again, IMO, unless that returns I don’t see either him or the Eagles being a SB bound team.

You can call that trolling if you want but I call it a fair and honest observation.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve read that as well. I wouldn’t call that a “consensus to reach the SB” but apparently you do.

The consensus is that they have added lots of weapons on offense and there really are no more excuses.

It’s my opinion that Wentz’s most effective year was due mostly to his ability to convert on third down. He had high numbers in that category because he was a threat to run and gain the first down. However, since the knee surgery I haven’t seen that return. Again, IMO, unless that returns I don’t see either him or the Eagles being a SB bound team.

You can call that trolling if you want but I call it a fair and honest observation.

I consider it a consensus to be in the mix or, as I said, have a good chance to get back. Not guaranteeing them a SB bound team but I don’t think there is any team in the conference head and shoulders above them.

And as I’ve stated before, there are no excuses which is why he and the offense are having such high praise.

He was successful on third down because while his mobility helped, the Eagles were also a good first and second down team which was helped by a) a good running game b)Carson doing a good job of making the right pre snap reads. Also, I think his mobility wasn’t more a threat to run for a first down, as he was more a threat to get out of the pocket and make a good throw.

Carson’s mobility certainly wasn’t back to form last year but he was still capable of picking up a first if he had to. I think a full year and half removed from the injury and we should see more of the pocket presence we saw in 17.

One thing that will help that was missing last year is a legitimate deep threat in Desean who can still stretch a defense from game to game. This will open up more of the underneath stuff that Carson’s excelled at and with a second year in Goedert and Young Stud Arcega-Whiteside he’s gonna thrive there with the matchup problems they present.

And I don’t think your analysis is being a troll, but I don’t think I’m being a homer fanboy either.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider it a consensus to be in the mix or, as I said, have a good chance to get back. Not guaranteeing them a SB bound team but I don’t think there is any team in the conference head and shoulders above them.

And as I’ve stated before, there are no excuses which is why he and the offense are having such high praise.

He was successful on third down because while his mobility helped, the Eagles were also a good first and second down team which was helped by a) a good running game b)Carson doing a good job of making the right pre snap reads. Also, I think his mobility wasn’t more a threat to run for a first down, as he was more a threat to get out of the pocket and make a good throw.

Carson’s mobility certainly wasn’t back to form last year but he was still capable of picking up a first if he had to. I think a full year and half removed from the injury and we should see more of the pocket presence we saw in 17.

One thing that will help that was missing last year is a legitimate deep threat in Desean who can still stretch a defense from game to game. This will open up more of the underneath stuff that Carson’s excelled at and with a second year in Goedert and Young Stud Arcega-Whiteside he’s gonna thrive there with the matchup problems they present.

And I don’t think your analysis is being a troll, but I don’t think I’m being a homer fanboy either.

In 2017 Wentz played 13 games had 64 rushing attempts for 299 yards.

In 2018 Wentz played 11 games had 34 rushing attempts for 93 yards.

As I’ve said, that stat right there is as responsible as any for the drop off in his performance. Unless he regains that or all of a sudden becomes this great reader of defenses and develops into a great pocket passer like Brady or Ben he will continue to struggle.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2017 Wentz played 13 games had 64 rushing attempts for 299 yards.

In 2018 Wentz played 11 games had 34 rushing attempts for 93 yards.

As I’ve said, that stat right there is as responsible as any for the drop off in his performance. Unless he regains that or all of a sudden becomes this great reader of defenses and develops into a great pocket passer like Brady or Ben he will continue to struggle.

And again, he’s a full season removed from injury so his mobility should be better than it was in 2018.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6A0D1A99-E808-464E-AA4C-68C137E96C6A.jpeg

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t understand this Philly is a shit show. They are one of the better teams in the league, were really REALLY close to making the final 4 last year and won the SB the year before. That’s a shit show? Come on man.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand this Philly is a shit show. They are one of the better teams in the league, were really REALLY close to making the final 4 last year and won the SB the year before. That’s a shit show? Come on man.

The QB that lead them there is gone. The current QB is brittle. The medical staff is turned over... again. There’s open hostility against the QB in the locker room.

That’s just for starters.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB that lead them there is gone. The current QB is brittle. The medical staff is turned over... again. There’s open hostility against the QB in the locker room.

That’s just for starters.

That’s not starters, that’s it. Every single leader and top player on the team said Carson is loved. Minor issues bro. Why do the keep winning

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not starters, that’s it. Every single leader and top player on the team said Carson is loved. Minor issues bro. Why do the keep winning

Because of Foles.

Why do you keep losing to Dallas?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can we at least let this kid get thru camp before we start calling him a stud? Even with good measurables 6'-3", 4.5 forty he still went 2nd round for a reason.

Personally I think he'll be a good player, possibly really good player in the NFL. But I'm pumping the brakes on declaring him a stud.

You're starting to sound like PE1. Maybe cut down the superlatives and use oh I don't know... potential stud?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of Foles.

Why do you keep losing to Dallas?

1. Dallas is a really good team and a contender. We played them 2 very close games last year and should have won the OT game. The year before we destroyed them.
2. Foles is older and doesn’t have the ability Wentz does. They could have kept Foles and got rid of Wentz but the organization obviously likes Wentz better.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we at least let this kid get thru camp before we start calling him a stud? Even with good measurables 6'-3", 4.5 forty he still went 2nd round for a reason.

Personally I think he'll be a good player, possibly really good player in the NFL. But I'm pumping the brakes on declaring him a stud.

You're starting to sound like PE1. Maybe cut down the superlatives and use oh I don't know... potential stud?

I don’t claim rookies as stars. I claim all pros like Lane Johnson stars. Sorry dude

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t claim rookies as stars. I claim all pros like Lane Johnson stars. Sorry dude
Yeah ok.
I guess a phenomonal AMVP QB who hasn't done anything yet is a star though? GTFOH you're all over the board.

Awaiting the PE1 broken record two-step in 3,2,1