• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Wentz is moving pretty fine without the brace. Like most shredded knees, it usually takes a year plus to fully come around. Still think he plays the rest of last year if the tipped pass doesn’t bounce the Cowboys way.
So they faked the injury after the Dallas game?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injured enough that playing him didn’t outweigh the long term risks.

The Eagles still had a slim chance to make the playoffs but after Wentz had lost to the Cowboys for the second time they all but threw in the towel and brought in Foles to “mop up”. However, Foles isn’t a quitter like Wentz and the team rallied around him and strung together some improbable victories and got some help by other teams losing. This all exposed who Wentz really is

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles still had a slim chance to make the playoffs but after Wentz had lost to the Cowboys for the second time they all but threw in the towel and brought in Foles to “mop up”. However, Foles isn’t a quitter like Wentz and the team rallied around him and strung together some improbable victories and got some help by other teams losing. This all exposed who Wentz really is

Meh

I’ve seen Carson throw a touchdown pass on a shredded knee and was apparently playing with a broken back for weeks so I’ll hardly call the guy a quitter. Im also pretty sure it wasn’t Carson’s decision to sit and was made by the brain trust.

The slim chance the Eagles has was predicated in also getting a lot of help. Which they got. Beating the Rams and the Texans were doable with Carson because Pederson is better than McVay and The Texans had no defense.

It was not controlling your own destiny and needing the Vikings to choke and The Bears to foolishly not take their best interest at heart that thankfully played out in the end.

Now, we get to see a fully healed Carson turn it back to 2017 with some new weapons and the anxiety of a contract behind him.

Gonna be a fun fall.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh

I’ve seen Carson throw a touchdown pass on a shredded knee and was apparently playing with a broken back for weeks so I’ll hardly call the guy a quitter. Im also pretty sure it wasn’t Carson’s decision to sit and was made by the brain trust.

The slim chance the Eagles has was predicated in also getting a lot of help. Which they got. Beating the Rams and the Texans were doable with Carson because Pederson is better than McVay and The Texans had no defense.

It was not controlling your own destiny and needing the Vikings to choke and The Bears to foolishly not take their best interest at heart that thankfully played out in the end.

Now, we get to see a fully healed Carson turn it back to 2017 with some new weapons and the anxiety of a contract behind him.

Gonna be a fun fall.

Ok... so at least this time he’s fully healed and no more excuses, right?

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... so at least this time he’s fully healed and no more excuses, right?

What’s an excuse? Even hurt last year he was still the best QB In the division, he just wasn’t as sharp as he was the year before which is expected less than a year removed from injury and because he was putting up crazy numbers.

It’s not like he’s gonna fall below his Better than average level of play injured.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s an excuse? Even hurt last year he was still the best QB In the division, he just wasn’t as sharp as he was the year before which is expected less than a year removed from injury and because he was putting up crazy numbers.

It’s not like he’s gonna fall below his Better than average level of play injured.

He wasn’t even best QB in the on his team... Foles was.

Wentz was effective for 3/4ths of a season bc he converted on third down a lot. He did that primarily because he was a threat to run. He was not effective last year because he couldn’t/wouldn’t run. That made converting on third down difficult.

Unless he has become a great pocket passer or he gets back to running he is going to struggle converting third downs. If that happens you’ll be in here spinning stats and spouting nonsense like “he was the best QB among 4 others”.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn’t even best QB in the on his team... Foles was.

Wentz was effective for 3/4ths of a season bc he converted on third down a lot. He did that primarily because he was a threat to run. He was not effective last year because he couldn’t/wouldn’t run. That made converting on third down difficult.

Unless he has become a great pocket passer or he gets back to running he is going to struggle converting third downs. If that happens you’ll be in here spinning stats and spouting nonsense like “he was the best QB among 4 others”.

But that’s wrong. Again, Wentz was rated higher and performed better than Foles. There’s a reason Wentz was rushed back too early.

Wentz is certainly helped by his mobility but that’s 90% of the league. The days of a true Marino pocket passer are long gone.

Adding a legit deep threat like Jackson will help open up the underneath stuff, and improved running game should make those important 3rd downs more manageable.

I don’t think you can give me an example of spouting the “nonsense” you suggest. Again, I think you’re projecting other posters on me.

If Carson struggles, I’ll be the first to admit it. I’m just confident he’s not going to.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh

Broken back LOL...it was a 13 year old girls injury.

But, I do agree with you. He would have kept playing if Philly didn't think the season was pretty much over. Then that damn Nick Foles strikes again and brings them back to life. :gaah: So glad he's gone

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd, the team claimed he was injured.
went-ose-heres-what-i-can-confirm-that-he-has-a-38662490.png

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
onerofitheseguys-has-won-in-the-playoffs-te-w-tr-the-other-39978943.png

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh

Gonna be a fun fall.
Aaron Rodgers thinks Wentz is a brittle bitch.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
61285971_146873419766266_4284757347425430150_n.jpg