• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be surprised. But isn’t this a business. I’m not sure what is the best idea. Could they collect a nice 1st round pick and mess up the culture? Be interesting to see how this unfolds. I saw a mock draft with the Eagles picking 4th using the Raiders pick for Foles. That would be huge cause we have problems... big OLine and DLine problems.

Yes the NFL is a business but we've never really seen a situation in what the Eagles have. The best idea is let Foles walk so he has a chance to maximize his chances at a big payday which what I think the FO will do. Tagging Foles is kind of playing with fire. Tag him and he signs, the FO is on the hook for 20mil if they cannot find a trade partner and then have to cut more players just to get under the cap. Teams know they can't keep Foles so why give up a draft pick when they can wait for FA to offer him a contract. The Raiders giving up the fourth pick in the mock is non sense, I mean they can't be that dumb.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but I think he goes by Roy.
giphy.gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's also a thought that crossed my mind on the FO save face and say all the right things. Tagging Foles is a gamble the FO should steer clear from.
Without doing the math I think they'd have to dump a lot of contracts this season to fit him in under the cap. They're already between $13-15M in the hole. Tagging him is going to cost somewhere between $25-28M is my guess. For a potential one year deal? That would be their stupiest move IMO. Tag and trade? Sounds like a collusion suit against Philly. Hard to prove but you never know.

Personally I'd trade Wentz. Get what you can and groom someone under Foles.

That's the other issue here keeping both this year Wentz is a FA end of the season. Now you have two pissed off QBs wanting to get paid.

One of these guys is going to buttrape Lowry and Howie at the same time. Hell come 2020 they could lose both if it really went south.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ninja:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without doing the math I think they'd have to dump a lot of contracts this season to fit him in under the cap. They're already between $13-15M in the hole. Tagging him is going to cost somewhere between $25-28M is my guess. For a potential one year deal? That would be their stupiest move IMO. Tag and trade? Sounds like a collusion suit against Philly. Hard to prove but you never know.

That's the other issue here keeping both this year Wentz is a FA end of the season. Now you have two pissed off QBs wanting to get paid.

One of these guys is going to buttrape Lowry and Howie at the same time. Hell come 2020 they could lose both if it really went south.

you should try that again doing the math. And realize there's a 5th year option on Carson's contract.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 13M over the cap includes Foles 20M contract.

There going to have to cut or renegotiate a number of contracts then try to fill those positions with minimum salary guys and the draft.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess Roy is upset I didn't include him in the buttraping. He face palmed this.

Not even going to ask for his rebuttal. It would be none sense anyway. Besided every time he opens his mouth I get this faint aroma of horse dung.:scratch:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should try that again doing the math. And realize there's a 5th year option on Carson's contract.
Just like Nick's. I figured you may have learned something.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trading Wentz would garner more draft picks to fill the holes but the FO seems dead set on Wentz starting. Of course they could still kick that tire around to see what interest is out there when the time comes and who knows, maybe the FO shocks the world and trades Wentz. The feeling I get is they let Foles walk into FA to get his payday. If they tag Foles and have to cut half the team, I guess they become favorites to land top 5 in the 2020 draft.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 13M over the cap includes Foles 20M contract.

There going to have to cut or renegotiate a number of contracts then try to fill those positions with minimum salary guys and the draft.
Correct that would be if he signed the 5th year option.

NJ brought up "tagging" him. Not sure if that is even legal? Dump the 5th yr. for a exclusive or non eclusive tag? Which would cost Philly $5-8M more.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct that would be if he signed the 5th year option.

NJ brought up "tagging" him. Not sure if that is even legal? Dump the 5th yr. for a exclusive or non eclusive tag? Which would cost Philly $5-8M more.

whose 5th year option are you referring to?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Wentz would garner more draft picks to fill the holes but the FO seems dead set on Wentz starting. Of course they could still kick that tire around to see what interest is out there when the time comes and who knows, maybe the FO shocks the world and trades Wentz. The feeling I get is they let Foles walk into FA to get his payday. If they tag Foles and have to cut half the team, I guess they become favorites to land top 5 in the 2020 draft.
I'm with you the FO can't let Wentz walk after what they invested in him. Back to that saving face thing. Imagine if Carson left and became the next phenom like the Eagle fans keep telling us he is.

Unlike the FO, I don't care what people think. I'd trade Wentz and take what I can. Foles is a good QB maybe not top 10 but decent enough with the right players around him. Hell I'd kick the tires on him when Brady retires.