• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the Eagles won’t start Wentz this year. Then when Wentz breaks his back DoubleDown pretends he was right and that the Eagles are actually benching Wentz now... which is a complete lie.
One thing we all know is that Wentz will start game one next year. If Foles pulls of another miracle he will opt out, the Eagles will franchise tag him and trade him.
But DoubleDown will make another fake post about how he predicted that too.

I said Wentz won’t start this year??

Read the title of the thread dipshit!!!

Bwhahaha

Teacher of the Year strikes again!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least one, of not more of Philly/Eagles related media sources looked at the following scenarios regarding Foles:

1. Foles remains under contract (status quo).
2. Foles opts out.
3. Eagles trade Foles.
4. Foles opts out, Eagles tag Foles, then trade him
5. Foles himself decided to stay in Philly, and keep his current contract or even renegotiates a deal.
6. Eagles release Foles.

The one source that reported that suggested so far has been quite reputable.

The biggest problem with tagging him (option 4) is two-fold though:

1. The franchise tag number is actually higher than the $20 million that he would cost next year. So the Eagles would be in even bigger cap-trouble.
2. This would probably not go over well in the locker room at all, and might be disastrous for locker room chemistry.

Basically, the Eagles might be able to "sell" releasing Foles, or trading him (depending on the team) to the players, arguing that long term Wentz is the better option. Having Foles opt out and then tag him would come across as stabbing him in the back, and basically goes against everything the team so far has done since Chip Kelly has been kicked out.
Yeah I am really wasn't too sure, but it seems if in your contract you have an opt out clause that would make you a FA. Which would take away the teams right to claim you.

but I guess not.
2nd part I would have pointed, you have already pointed about why the eagles wont Fran tag him. :thumb:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So foles has gone from a journeyman qb who is hot and cold, to a stud? got it

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha

How about these fans?

First, I’m a troll for bringing this up and now I’m “taking credit” for a Wentz injury. Also, this was supposedly a troll thread but NOW it’s an “eagles tribute thread”.

Bwhahaha.

How about it just is what it is... a thread that said the eagles would play better and win more games with Foles as the QB instead of Wentz which, oh btw, has turned out to be accurate!!

LMFAO

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha

How about these fans?

First, I’m a troll for bringing this up and now I’m “taking credit” for a Wentz injury. Also, this was supposedly a troll thread but NOW it’s an “eagles tribute thread”.

Bwhahaha.

How about it just is what it is... a thread that said the eagles would play better and win more games with Foles as the QB instead of Wentz which, oh btw, has turned out to be accurate!!

LMFAO
Nope Wentz got injured so it doesnt count

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a journeyman QB. He’s been on 4 teams. He just has seemed to mature and bloom late. I didn’t see that coming... but he still isn’t as good as Wentz.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a journeyman QB. He’s been on 4 teams. He just has seemed to mature and bloom late. I didn’t see that coming... but he still isn’t as good as Wentz.
:laugh3: this guy never stops

9067dde86cd7ef22dd31698ef1663af4.jpg

giphy.gif

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha

How about these fans?

Bwhahaha.

LMFAO

Sorry dude but you said Philly will bench Wentz for Foles which never happened. Now that Wentz got hurt you’re acting like your prediction was right.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude but you said Philly will bench Wentz for Foles which never happened. Now that Wentz got hurt you’re acting like your prediction was right.

I said Philly SHOULD bench wentz because the eagles would do better.

You kept vomiting Wentz stats to show they wouldn’t play better. You kept trying to show the eagles not winning wasn’t his fault yet AS SOON AS he stopped playing thd Eagles win!!

I win.
You lose.
Now be a man, acknowledge that and apologize.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Philly SHOULD bench wentz because the eagles would do better.

You kept vomiting Wentz stats to show they wouldn’t play better. You kept trying to show the eagles not winning wasn’t his fault yet AS SOON AS he stopped playing thd Eagles win!!

I win.
You lose.
Now be a man, acknowledge that and apologize.

Your thread ask when will Philly bench Wentz and they never did. Foles is playing fantastic but I don’t know how he got the D to play so much better. A shut out two weeks ago and 15 points last week. One TD in 8 quarters. The real stupidity of all this is people think that some of us are unhappy Foles and Philly are winning. I really don’t give a shit who our QB is as long as we win. But Wentz is the better QB of the two and you’ll see it next year when Wentz starts.
A Philly paper brought up a scenario if Foles wins the SB we could keep him and flip Wentz for 3 firsts or 2 firsts and a good player. You think we could get that for Foles?
“How long til Philly benches Wentz for Foles” is not you saying Foles will have Philly playing better. It’s you asking when does Wentz get benched.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody Stand back & be Careful
PE1 is posturing!!!!
Cat-walks-on-counter-kind-of.gif

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your thread ask when will Philly bench Wentz and they never did. Foles is playing fantastic but I don’t know how he got the D to play so much better. A shut out two weeks ago and 15 points last week. One TD in 8 quarters. The real stupidity of all this is people think that some of us are unhappy Foles and Philly are winning. I really don’t give a shit who our QB is as long as we win. But Wentz is the better QB of the two and you’ll see it next year when Wentz starts.
A Philly paper brought up a scenario if Foles wins the SB we could keep him and flip Wentz for 3 firsts or 2 firsts and a good player. You think we could get that for Foles?
“How long til Philly benches Wentz for Foles” is not you saying Foles will have Philly playing better. It’s you asking when does Wentz get benched.

Hahaha

You’re so fucking lost it’s hilarious!!