• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also he complains I dont give him stats, but everytime I do, he starts talking about something else & ignore said stats altogether. Sometimes he actually just removes the goalposts altogether & goes home.

Speaking of stats

in the three years that Dak/Wentz have been in the league

Dak leads just about every meaningful QB stat.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of stats

in the three years that Dak/Wentz have been in the league

Dak leads just about every meaningful QB stat.
that dont count.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time @PhoenixEagles1 compares Dak and Wentz he immediately discards any stats from their first year in the league. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupidity?
no that is actually smart.

discount any of the good things from the guy you are comparing too. You cant call the stupid.

Now thinking no one will notice you did this & call you out on it. That could be considered.......

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupidity?

discount any of the good things from the guy you are comparing too. You cant call the stupid.

Now thinking no one will notice you did this & call you out on it. That could be considered.......

Here’s another thing he does when he try’s to argue a point: he will fixate on ONE particular stat which supports his position and POUND it until even he is sick of hearing himself say it.

Example:

“Of course Wentz is better than Dak!! Just look at his QBR rating!!! It’s so much better than Daks!!! How can anyone objectively look at the QBR rating and say Dak is better than Wentz!! Nobody would say that!! No GM on the planet would say that!! Only the trolls here say it!! Just look at the QBR stats!!! Here, I’ll post them!!!”

We’ve all heard some version of that, right? If you try and point out any other stat he will redirect the conversation back to QBR. IF that’s true (QBR determines who is the better QB) then that means that Wentz is better than Aaron Rodgers. Wentz has a better QBR than Rodgers this year. That’s moronic. Nobody (not even the Wentz fanboys) believes that.

Here’s the truth: Wentz had a forgetful first year. Dak won ROY. Wentz had an excellent 3/4 of a year last year while Dak dropped off. The main reason that Wentz’s performance increased was his ability to scramble and make plays especially on third down and in the red zone. Defenses had to contend with the possibility that he would take off and run on any given play. That opened up receivers downfield because the defense was forced to account for Wentz’s running ability.

This year that’s nonexistent. This year Wentz has rushed for less than a hundred yards and has ZERO rushing TDs. That’s not surprising given he blew out his knee on a rushing TD and is undoubtedly gun shy. This however makes him less effective. This makes him less of a threat. This makes him a much more “ordinary” QB.

Dak on the other hand, has just over 300 yards rushing this year. That’s more than THREE times what Wentz has AND he has 5 rushing TDs. Again, Wentz has ZERO. This added dynamic to Dak’s game makes him the more dynamic player. Add in that Dak FINALLY has a decent receiver in Cooper who he is just now starting to establish a rythym with and you can see why some think Dak is better than Wentz.

Here’s the objective truth: last year people fell in love with Wentz. He was putting up great numbers and was leading the team to a number one seed before he got hurt. When he went down almost everybody figured the Eagles season was over. Why wouldn’t they?! Everyone believed that the Eagles success was due mostly to Wentz and his emergence as a great QB. However, when Foles stepped in and performed just as brilliantly in the playoffs and SB objective football fans started asking was Wentz success due to his abilities or was it due to being on a championship caliber team? Naturally, the Wentz fanboys wouldn’t hear any of it. They just thanked Nick for “stepping in” but immediately dismissed his play. The Wentz hype was in full swing.

This year Wentz is a shadow of himself. Again, he’s not a threat to run and he looks very ordinary at QB. He throws a lot of short passes (which helps his QBR) and doesn’t look comfortable in the pocket. Earlier he was holding the ball too long and taking a lot of sacks. He has regressed from last year. That is beyond dispute.

The REAL test will come next season. If he reverts back to the Wentz of year 2 then the Wentz fanboys will be vindicated. If however, he doesn’t then the reality will be he was handed the keys to a championship caliber team and he drove it like a champ until he was injured but his play was due more to the team he was on than his abilities.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets wait here, he was watching the game last night. i laid out that lengthy post, with 2 arguments in it, curious to see rebuttal

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoop. 28 days ago the majority of Cowboy fans were begging Dallas not to give Dak a big contract. Why is that? Is it his arm?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoop. 28 days ago the majority of Cowboy fans were begging Dallas not to give Dak a big contract. Why is that? Is it his arm?
never been about his arm. His success relies on his brain.
In 16' what made him good. Decision making. That is why he broke Brady's record of not throwing his 1st INT.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright @PhoenixEagles1

Lets start with the O-line argument.
You claimed the O-Line was no good. Then it shifted to they werent good at pass blocking.
ProfootballFocus ranks them as the #9 overall line. thats top third of the league. Yes they say they are slipping. THey slipped 1 whole spot in three weeks. THEY ARE A GOOD LINE.

Your premise that profootballfocus sucks is based on your personal disagreement with their ranking of brandon graham. 1 whole player in the thousands of metrics they do. Its a bullshit argument. You cannot invalidate a whole company based on a single ranking Also professionals, yes like the eagles, pay them for their services. I think they both know more than you. I'll stick with they are a top third unit in the NFL.

--------------------------

Now lets go back to the center argument.

I can find numerous analysts listing the most important positions. Center is not last. But lets forget that fact. Lets take a look at your rationale. Again, your whole premise is based on 1 thing. The NFL draft. Centers arent drafted high, or early, therefore they arent as important. Ok got it.

Pass rushers are drafted more often, and earlier than qb's on average. So they have to be more important than QB's. Its a must because the draft is all that matters. But you disagree and argue that more pass rushers are required than qb's.

SHOCKING, there's more too it than draft position? team needs, postional needs, schemes, talent pool. Not to mention centers are often converted guards and tackles from college, meaning they are drafted as such, not as centers.

Yet you continue to claim the draft is all that matters, but refute other claims about the draft, even when they are fact.

You cant have it both ways. your draft argument is bogus. please come up with another argument. because by your own logic, qb's arent as important as pass rushers.

I’m going to try and break this down into 3 replies for you because I’m on my cell. You asked me 3 questions so I’ll reply in 3 different message (Cool?) The first one is about Wentz and the Eagles OLine. The Eagles do have a good OLine. Not as good this year in PFFs ranking as last year. They proved it last year having an elite run game with no mega star RB. They have regressed this year. Peters is about done and 1st team all pro Lane Johnson definitely isn’t playing as well but he’s still very good. The problem is Wentz is under a lot more pressure this year then last. It’s partly the OLines fault and partly Wentzs fault because he holds on to the ball too long sometimes. If I was on my computer I could have an easier time link articles about “What’s wrong with the Philly OLine”. Can you do a PFF search on pass blocking only? This is really just to subjective to break down but there are articles coming out of Philly addressing the OLine issues.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so you are still on this.
Dak this week was 4-7 over 10 yds. (long of 29)
Dak was 3-4 in your Medium range. (10-20 yds)

Wentz stats arent updated this week so let me use last week (he was 20-28 so I am not using a bad week)

Wentz was 4-8 over 10 yds (long of 17)
Wentz was 4-7 in medium range (10-20 yds)
where are you getting this, Dak is inaccurate at medium range? Because you heard it on TV?

Again this is no YAC but ball travelling beyond the line of scrimmage.
So you're saying Dak has outplayed Wentz TWICE in their careers?

Of course @PhoenixEagles1 will deny he ever said this.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride (Question) PFF might be used for metrics by pro teams but time after time their player/unit ranking system has people completely baffling to the point it’s almost ludicrous. Brandon Graham and his 1.5 sacks is better then Aaron Donald. Huhh? I guarantee teams don’t use PFF to choose who is playing well. It is used for advanced metrics like “How does a team run when faced with a 3rd and 4” etc. People have posted PFFs bizarre rankings many many times on the Hoop and it’s laughable. Kelce was the 33rd ranked Center in 2016 and 1st ranked in 2017. It’s just arbitrary and capricious.

I’ll get to the big one in a couple hours (Centers)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it this past Friday.

Show me where I said in there 3 years of playing that Dak only out played Wentz 2 times. I mean Dak outplayed Wentz more then that year one and he outplayed Wentz head to head this year.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When, not if, I do will you finally STFU?

No... he’ll just say “I honestly forgot I said that”. How do I know that? Because that’s what he said to me when I called him out on different bullshit he said.

Or, I guess, he will just move the goalpost again and say some nonsense like, “I made a mistake. What I really meant to to say is...”