• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How does this guy have a vote?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Lloyd: Explaining my postseason awards ballot and why I voted LeBron James for MVP - Cavs - Ohio

Jason Lloyd, beat writer for the Cavs, posted his voting and reasoning behind his votes. It would be comical if it wasn't so asinine.

Look, I get it with the MVP vote. Lebron is the best player in the NBA and I can understand you voting for him. That's not where the gripe is. It's with the rest of his entire voting, most notably the All-Defense teams.

Seriously how does this guy have a vote?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summarize it. If he's that much of an idiot, I'd rather not give him page views just to see how much of an idiot he is

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he voted for LEBRON JAMES (mvp) and DeANDRE JORDAN (dpoy).
Where is the craziness??

I would vote LBJ for MVP.
I am firmly in agreement.

DPOY could be one of about 5 or 6 guys (Green, Jordan, Gobert, Leonard, Duncan, Bogut)
This voter interviewed a large selection of players and they all gave him inside scoop opnions on DPOY.

So unless this a hardcore Warrior fan who demands Curry and Green..... I really dont see any issue.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tsk:

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green's mom responded to a writer who didn't put Green in his NBA's All-Defensive teams selection.

She certainly didn't hold back.

When Mary Babers-Green learned that the Akron Beacon Journal's Jason Lloyd wasn't buying into Green's defensive abilities, she was blunt with her response:

aa18cc70916eb2c438057c234549b494_original.jpg

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lebron but no way is he the MVP

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he voted for LEBRON JAMES (mvp) and DeANDRE JORDAN (dpoy).
Where is the craziness??

I would vote LBJ for MVP.
I am firmly in agreement.

DPOY could be one of about 5 or 6 guys (Green, Jordan, Gobert, Leonard, Duncan, Bogut)
This voter interviewed a large selection of players and they all gave him inside scoop opnions on DPOY.

So unless this a hardcore Warrior fan who demands Curry and Green..... I really dont see any issue.

Nope, I'm not at all demanding player awards for any NBA player. My gripes come with his assessments and reasoning behind his picks. He fights to explain certain things but uses double standards

The gripe with the article was mainly based on Draymond Green not even being submitted for either the first team or second team All-Defense. That's just a joke. You(Horns) have him listed as one of the 5 or 6 guys to be DPOY, but somehow he doesn't crack the top 10 (first and second team) for this writer?

Like I said, Lebron, ok I get it. This MVP award this year is going to be completely subjective to the voter and I wouldn't knock anyone for voting any of: Lebron, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, or Anthony Davis.

DeAndre Jordan should not win DPOY if you've ever actually seen him play defense. I'd have 0 gripe with the DPOY if he named Leonard.

Coach of the Year is weird as well. I believe Kidd has done a fantastic job, but even if you don't go with the coach that won 66+ games and counting, how do you put Kidd above coach Bud?

Lastly here's what he wrote on the All-Defense team selections:

"Draymond Green is getting a lot of attention for his defensive play, but I just don’t see it and a handful of players I polled recently scoffed at the idea of Green being on this list. Gobert, however, has everyone talking."

Isn't that basically the same thing? He's saying Green is getting a lot of attention, but we're going to ignore that and vote Gobert because he's getting a lot of attention. Wait what?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a vote for MVP I would not vote for LeBron.

BUT... its not a crazy notion. There are plenty of reasonable arguments for it. I'm sure he'll get a handful of first-place votes.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess, he's the jackass that voted him over Durant last year, isn't he?