• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another LeBron thread - but it's time to ask this

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The downshift has happened already, just not to the extent haters would love for us to believe. It's a good question you are asking. In the next few years, will he be able to accept a lesser role on a team to try for another chip? Good question, I'll think about it and reply with my thoughts tonight.
I don't mean downshift like his playing level, I mean downshift like when he eventually accepts that he's not the alpha, and dials down his minutes. Hasn't happened yet but I suspect it will soon.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should but he's LeBron and won't admit that he's just not as good as he thinks he use to be

Actually, that's not true.

Lebron has been gradually making changes to how he plays for years making concessions to age and the inevitable decline that comes with that. For example, he's much better at outside shots than he was earlier in his career and uses them a lot more.

It's a big part of why he is still able to play at such a high level. Also, this year was supposed to be the ''baton year'' and AD was going to be lead dog.

But AD showed up to camp out of shape and then got hurt yet again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after this coming season LeBron will still be looking for a max contract from the Lakers or some other team at the max and for at least 5 years

lol

It's far more likely that he will look for 2 year deals with an option on the 2nd year. At his age, it's likely all he'll be offered.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this season nearly 42M next year 45M, does anyone believe that he would take a 20M cut? or a 15M cut? or even a 10M cut?

Amount per year and number of years are 2 different things. He's not going to take a big pay cut if his level of play doesn't call for it. He has played at an MVP level this season. He just can't carry a team like he could in his younger days.

But his 4 year deal with the Lakers is likely his last "long term" contract.

But, to be fair, you never know. A team may be willing to do that (I just hope it's not the Lakers).

Reactions: DJ

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The downshift has happened already, just not to the extent haters would love for us to believe. It's a good question you are asking. In the next few years, will he be able to accept a lesser role on a team to try for another chip? Good question, I'll think about it and reply with my thoughts tonight.

I think he wanted to take a lesser role this season. So yeah he'd take a lesser role. But hasn't been able to do that. If he has to do next season what he's been doing this season he'll miss 20+ games again. There's no question he can still play at a very high level. 37 year old's aren't supposed to be averaging 30 pgg on 50+ % shooting.

With how he keeps in shape I'm sure he's aware his body can't take playing 37+ minutes a game anymore. He knows Father Time's in his rearview mirror now. He has to start playing less mpg.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was actually the plan.

Sometimes things don't go as planned. Saw where you said AD arrived outta shape. Didn't know that. For LakersNations hopefully he takes his off season conditioning more seriously.

Myself though. I hope he binges on the most unhealthy food possible all off season.

taco-bell-power-rangers.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes things don't go as planned. Saw where you said AD arrived outta shape. Didn't know that. For LakersNations hopefully he takes his off season conditioning more seriously.

Myself though. I hope he binges on the most unhealthy food possible all off season.

View attachment 293341

I don't know if he was out of shape, but he certainly wasn't in the shape I'd prefer to see. He seemed bulked up instead of lean and fit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he was out of shape, but he certainly wasn't in the shape I'd prefer to see. He seemed bulked up instead of lean and fit.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. He looked like he added some muscle, but that was about it. I don't know if he has a trainer or not, but imo, he should spend the off-season working on stretching out and strengthening his ligaments, joints and muscles. Maybe work on his balance too so he's not on the floor so much.

The one encouraging thing for his future with his injuries is that, so far, they haven't really been serious injuries. It has mainly been sprains and strains with a concussion and a broken hand mixed in. No ACL's, etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what ever

That probably came off a little strong, not implying Cane-level Lebron hate in the "show on the doll where the bad man touched you" level of hate lol. More of a hatin' level...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think there's been a single season of LeBron's career where he's outta shape. He's always taken his off season conditioning very seriously. Outta shape players don't play 33+ minutes year in and year out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's been a single season of LeBron's career where he's outta shape. He's always taken his off season conditioning very seriously. Outta shape players don't play 33+ minutes year in and year out.

I believe the reference was to AD, not Lebron. However, I believe AD was supposed to be working out with Lebron last summer?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the reference was to AD, not Lebron. However, I believe AD was supposed to be working out with Lebron last summer?

Oh damn, my bad on that. I'm not sure if AD was supposed to work out with LeBron last summer or not. Although he'd be wise to workout with him this summer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh damn, my bad on that. I'm not sure if AD was supposed to work out with LeBron last summer or not. Although he'd be wise to workout with him this summer.

Cardio, core, and flexibility should be his focus IMO. He doesn't need more strength and/or bulk.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. He looked like he added some muscle, but that was about it. I don't know if he has a trainer or not, but imo, he should spend the off-season working on stretching out and strengthening his ligaments, joints and muscles. Maybe work on his balance too so he's not on the floor so much.

The one encouraging thing for his future with his injuries is that, so far, they haven't really been serious injuries. It has mainly been sprains and strains with a concussion and a broken hand mixed in. No ACL's, etc.
Yeah, he has had a bunch of little injuries, nothing too serious.