• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How does it feel fellas?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bet it does. I'm not sure how many other cities have the kind of monkey on their backs that we did, but it is fucking outstanding that we finally have a pro team championship in our city.

It was an amazing year and great ride. I'm sure there will be in excess of 300k at the parade on Wednesday and that will be a site to behold. The 12's feel like so much a part of that team that it will be their parade as much as the teams.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well congrats sir

You guys got a great young team..........gonna be hard to keep some of that talent together though

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like" I want to tell everyone else to "just suck it, choke on it all you haters"
But being almost a gentleman, I try to temper my comments.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like" I want to tell everyone else to "just suck it, choke on it all you haters"
But being almost a gentleman, I try to temper my comments.

I don't see how you can be all that excited, since you have 3 different NFL teams listed.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have three teams listed because I am following the eagles cause I want to see how Chip Kelly's system works in the pro's. Really don't care if they win or lose. Just curious about new ideas. I follow the Panthers cause Gus Bradley was a seattle assistant coach. I want to see him succeed.
I am born and raised in Seattle. Maybe I should drop the other teams when I add a avt.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 12th Man Celebrations after winning Super Bowl XLVIII

[YOUTUBE]b1-X2XTsw6s[/YOUTUBE]

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have three teams listed because I am following the eagles cause I want to see how Chip Kelly's system works in the pro's. Really don't care if they win or lose. Just curious about new ideas. I follow the Panthers cause Gus Bradley was a seattle assistant coach. I want to see him succeed.
I am born and raised in Seattle. Maybe I should drop the other teams when I add a avt.

You don't owe anyone an explanation. Root for whoever you want and put up whatever team logo you feel like. If it isn't that they find something else to rip you about. It's kind of how things work around here. The more appropriate response would have been "Fuck off, I'll root for whoever I want. How'd the Bears do this year? Thought so"

:suds:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Seahawk fans!!!

Well deserved Championship!!!!!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'12th Man' loud and clear: Seahawks fans dominate in New York, too

NEW YORK — Regardless of what their favorite team does Sunday night, Seahawks fans have won Super Bowl XLVIII.

Despite the fact Seattle is 2,400 miles away from New York, it's no doubt '12th Man' has the dominated the Orange Crush of Broncos fans around The Big Apple. Under the backdrop of the Statue of Liberty, College Navy, Action Green and Wolf Grey have become just as popular as Red, White and Blue.

There is still great representation from the Denver faithful, it's just the shouts of "Go 'Hawks!" have been louder than "Taxi!" this week.

Former Seahawks defensive tackle Craig Terrill, in New York for 'Taste of the NFL,' remembers when he helped the team get to Super Bowl XL, Seattle fans were then drowned out by the Steelers' Black and Gold in Detroit. He loves how they have come out farther in full force eight years later.

"Seahawks fans are obviously great at home," Terrill told Sporting News. "But they also have travelled well all season, however far we've gone on the road."

If the Seahawks win, the decibel levels figure to be a lot higher on the streets.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just closing your eyes and saying "The Seahawks are Super Bowl Champions" is pretty cool

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you guys get the DVD of the Seahawks season. Every freaking time you watch it, you will get goose bumps and shed a tear or 2. Its a must buy!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you guys get the DVD of the Seahawks season. Every freaking time you watch it, you will get goose bumps and shed a tear or 2. Its a must buy!

I probably will, but Rain City Redemption videos on vimeo already do that for me and because it is made by a fellow 12, I will always like it more than the NFL Films version.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson appears to be feeling pretty good and enjoying himself as he was invited by Jayz and Beyonce to sit court side today for a Nets game.

Bfl5pO_CcAA3w4E.jpg

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyonce is just a glorified pole dancer that wears ton's of makeup.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all take a moment to bow our heads and remember how hard it is going to be for trolls right now. Now they can never bring up the trophy case excuse or wait until your team has one before giving our opinions. It is truly a sad day for them.(never understood it, what did Superbowl wins ten or more years had to do with the current season but now I'm never going to have to read that again while reading Seahwaks articles.):suds:

:yahoo::yahoo:
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS SEATTLE SEAHWAKS:yahoo::yahoo:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me answer this a different way.

There are many online, and indeed in the public, that want us (as fans) to act like we have been there before. News flash: WE HAVEN'T!!!

There is a mix of reaction from fans all over this region. Many are still just in utter shock and it won't set in until sometime after the parade probably. Some are over the top, some are taunting, and some maybe more like what fans from other cities would like to see.

Those of you who follow teams with 4 or 5 championships, or even just having championships in other sports in your city really can't know what we are going through. You can only possibly get it if your city went through more than 35 years without a major championship and then broke through that wall and got that monkey off your backs with your city's first major sports championship. If that doesn't apply to you then NOTHING you have gone through compares. NOTHING.

Many of us are remembering all of those years of futility and thinking about relatives who have passed away that never got to see this in their lifetime. I've been a fan of this team since it came in the league and watching them for over 35 years has been difficult at times.

Even last night I watched Letterman like probably most fans in this area and had a tear come to my eye as I remembered all of those years after super bowls of watching another teams QB or MVP going on one of the late night shows and wishing so hard it could be mine. Those moments where the reality of breaking through are meeting all of those stored up feelings of depression over the decades are giving me a mix of emotions and I'm sure I'm not alone. BTW, did you all hear how loud the 12's were at that show? I'm sure many were there because they were still stranded by the flight delays, but that show was PACKED with Seattle fans and that too was just fucking awesome.

I'm not trying to be rude telling fans of the Steelers or 49'ers that THIS championship is different from any you have had recently, but it doesn't compare. Maybe after we have won 2 or 3 we can have common experiences, but not this time. Seattle is in the far northern corner of the US and is a days drive or more from other similar sized cities. It is a remote outpost far away from the life of people on the east coast or California. To have us finally break the wall down and have a chance to enjoy the spoils of victory after all of those years in such a remote place is somewhat unique.

You want to know how it feels? It's awesome beyond words. It is something only other 12's can grasp at this time. We are new to winning and likely won't be the same sports about it that others who have won before are and that too is awesome. Let the fans enjoy kicking that monkey on their back to the curb in whatever fashion they see fit. Take in the joy and amazement from our fans and our city and find a way feel happy for us as we join that exclusive club of cities that have won it all in the NFL.

Take some time to watch the nightly news tomorrow night and see how 250k+ fans enjoy their first ever major sports victory parade and imagine what it might feel like for them to be able to say for the very first time that we are champions.

P.S. I know we won a title in '78'79 with the Sonics, but not only was that so long ago that it's hard to count as most fans weren't alive or here, but Basketball wasn't nearly the sport it is today. That title isn't really any bigger than UW winning the national championship in '91. I was alive for that Sonics title and I can tell you that this is so far beyond that experience that you might as well just call this our first such victory, even if it isn't technically correct.