• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how do we fix this ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... If Jones were offered up right now for a first and 3rd, 80% of the league would jump on that. For the right player its worth it.

Flip side, if we offered to take a single 1st for RG3, maybe 5 teams would be interested.

shark , in 75 plus years you have given 2 examples of gutting drafts to get a franchise player of working

and again bradford failed , sanchez failed and Rg3 failed hershel walker failed etc etc etc

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think draft picks are valued more now than maybe anytime in the game. When they reduced what rookies can be paid the value soared. You don't have to worry about getting stuck in a $50 million dollar bust and all the draft picks are relatively cap friendly.

If you figure you have 7 draft picks and you averaged getting 4 players of some value each draft that is probably fairly successful. If you hit on two or three starters that means it will take 7-10 years to fill out a team. So you have to fill out a team with FAs and UFAs. It is no easly feet but dad is right on about how to build a team. We just need a management group to let someone do it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark , in 75 plus years you have given 2 examples of gutting drafts to get a franchise player of working

and again bradford failed , sanchez failed and Rg3 failed hershel walker failed etc etc etc

In 75 years its happened maybe 4 - 6 times tops. And the Jets didnt gut a draft to get Sanchez, nor did the rams gut a draft to get Bradford. And the Rams and the Jets respectively have been better than the redskins have been with Rg3. Or would you deny this??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 75 years its happened maybe 4 - 6 times tops. And the Jets didnt gut a draft to get Sanchez, nor did the rams gut a draft to get Bradford. And the Rams and the Jets respectively have been better than the redskins have been with Rg3. Or would you deny this??

both of those guys were guys that people on this board advocated we gut 2 drafts to get

bradford hasnt been in a playoff game and sanchez has been no more then a bus driver for the jets during his time there the jets gave up 3 players and 2 picks to get him

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both of those guys were guys that people on this board advocated we gut 2 drafts to get

bradford hasnt been in a playoff game and sanchez has been no more then a bus driver for the jets during his time there the jets gave up 3 players and 2 picks to get him

You realize its circular logic dont you?? We have no idea what either QB would have done in DC.

Flip side is from day one I expected Rg3 to be MV2 and said we would likely be in a better position had we not traded up for THIS particular QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize its circular logic dont you?? We have no idea what either QB would have done in DC.

Flip side is from day one I expected Rg3 to be MV2 and said we would likely be in a better position had we not traded up for THIS particular QB.

the philosophy either works or it doesnt bradford isnt a franchise qb niether is sanchez

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the philosophy either works or it doesnt bradford isnt a franchise qb niether is sanchez

You really think Eli would have two rings if he had stayed with the Chargers?? I admit that Bradford and Sanchez have not become what i thought, but Rg3 (thus far) has become exactly what I expected. At the end of the day, for the right player, a deal like this has been shown to work. Sadly I think we made the move on the wrong guy.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get the right player and he is worth multiple picks ( NO one is worth what we gave up for RG3).

Aaron Rodgers is worth what we gave up So would Tom Brady 10 years ago. Hell Andrew Luck would have been worth it. It is obvious by now that a top QB will carry a team. Again just look at the Colts. with a top QB they are a playoff team, every year without one they were the worst team in the league. Then they get another one and they are in the playoffs. Sure there were other additions but we all know the difference is Luck and with Chad Hene they aren't where they are.

You can't put a value on a top QB. Given that half the #1 picks end up having little impact clearly giving that up for a QB who can carry the team would be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Eli would have two rings if he had stayed with the Chargers?? I admit that Bradford and Sanchez have not become what i thought, but Rg3 (thus far) has become exactly what I expected. At the end of the day, for the right player, a deal like this has been shown to work. Sadly I think we made the move on the wrong guy.

But again who was the right guy? Luck was not available and every other QB I've seen you pimp has done absolutely nothing to convince anyone that they would be a top QB. And yes that includes Tennehill who a week ago was close to being benched.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i believe phillip rivers would have won 2 with the giants thier d/line and run game were huge reasons why they won

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again who was the right guy? Luck was not available and every other QB I've seen you pimp has done absolutely nothing to convince anyone that they would be a top QB. And yes that includes Tennehill who a week ago was close to being benched.

IF the right guy wasnt available you dont make the move. Tell me that if RG3 was not in a Skins uniform you wouldnt consider him as the likely new version of Vick without the dog fighting BS. While Tannehill might not end up being a franchise QB, he also would not have cost us 4 draft picks... picks we could have used to repair the line, secondary or what ever else.

We made the move, which I dont fault them for. But I dont think any one was worthy of the move we made that was available. I would not have given up what we did for Bradford, or Sanchez. Even for Luck that was a step price. And for some one coming in with a rebuilt knee and a style of play that lends to injury... Not a chance in hell.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the right guy wasnt available you dont make the move. Tell me that if RG3 was not in a Skins uniform you wouldnt consider him as the likely new version of Vick without the dog fighting BS. While Tannehill might not end up being a franchise QB, he also would not have cost us 4 draft picks... picks we could have used to repair the line, secondary or what ever else.

We made the move, which I dont fault them for. But I dont think any one was worthy of the move we made that was available. I would not have given up what we did for Bradford, or Sanchez. Even for Luck that was a step price. And for some one coming in with a rebuilt knee and a style of play that lends to injury... Not a chance in hell.

I would say Troy Aikman was but Jimmy was not even sure and cost us the #1 pick the next year by picking steve walsh in the supplemental draft

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember the good ole days when we were the only team besides Miami to not pass on Dan Marino?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Griffin played for another team I would share the same concerns but I would never say he was another Michael Vick. Again Vick has had accuracy problems his entire career, this is not the case with Griffin and that's why I have been high on him all along. Griffin plays wreckless and is fragile but he is not Michael Vick for this reason. As long as he has that gift of hitting what he throws at, a skill none of the haters here ever want to acknowledge, there is still a chance he overcomes the injury bug and learns when to throw it and where. With a lesser talent, such as Cousins IMO, you will always have limitations on how good he will ever be.

I now understand what you are saying, you felt Griff was too much of a risk coming out. While I agreed at the time that he was a risk, even in his blow up rookie season I posted that I'd prefer Luck as he was a much safer pick to be great for 15 years, I also strongly feel that when you get a chance to grab a potential franchise QB you simply have to take that chance. So no I will never blast my team for daring to be great. As we have seen over and over again, including here, without a top QB you will have a very very difficult time being contenders year after year even if you hit on every one of those picks at other possessions, which never happens by the way.