• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How can we ban this Tshirt guy from the CBB forums?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well heres the thing. 1/3 of the grandstand is like a giant wheelchair ramp and isn't really grandstand at all. then you have the actual grandstand that is only 20 rows up. "giant" is an interpreted term, and we have to agree to disagree on that one. However those grandstands are 1/3 the size of the rest of the dome. and easily has 100 feet of open air allowing the sound to escape.

when you google best arena's yes the dome shows up a lot. however it shows up because it is such a famous arena. it is like michigan. they have the biggest stadium but they get blasted for not being a super loud stadium because the bowl shape does not trap the noise. ==>however they will always be in the conversation for top stadium. it is the exact same thing with the dome. It will be known for its size. however when you actually get down to loudest stadiums >30k it is not overly the top impressive. look at google. when you type "loudest arenas" it shows up once in bleacher (which you guys blasted so much that zona fans lose all rights to use it). the next 3 pages ==> i didn't find one dome reference to loudest arena's.

Here you go again:

"The thing is...." All that follows is bullshit. The whole fucking grandstand is full, 30 fucking rows, all full. There's no way to get out of that.

And the first fucking entry on the google search result is the NCAA ranking their top 5 loudest arenas, and the Carrier Dome is #3!!!!

And you're trying to move on from the original point (which you love to do when you know you're backed into a corner). The fucking point is that the Carrier Dome is among the very best homecourts in the country. And it's listed as such by almost everyone. It's not one of the best homecourts because it's fucking famous, it's famous because it's one of the best homecourts. Syracuse plays there, they're a good team every year, and they have a very good winning % at home. It's one of the most hostile environments in CBB. And therefore, it's famous. You're fucking reaching again, like a fucking child who's caught in a lie. Be a fucking adult and admit that you are fucking wrong.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go again:

"The thing is...." All that follows is bullshit. The whole fucking grandstand is full, 30 fucking rows, all full. There's no way to get out of that.

And the first fucking entry on the google search result is the NCAA ranking their top 5 loudest arenas, and the Carrier Dome is #3!!!!

And you're trying to move on from the original point (which you love to do when you know you're backed into a corner). The fucking point is that the Carrier Dome is among the very best homecourts in the country. And it's listed as such by almost everyone. It's not one of the best homecourts because it's fucking famous, it's famous because it's one of the best homecourts. Syracuse plays there, they're a good team every year, and they have a very good winning % at home. It's one of the most hostile environments in CBB. And therefore, it's famous. You're fucking reaching again, like a fucking child who's caught in a lie. Be a fucking adult and admit that you are fucking wrong.

links or gtfo

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
links or gtfo

you're a syracuse fan, and you need links in order to be able to say that your team's home environment is hostile? why would you argue that? you trying to say syracuse fans aren't good fans?

GET HIM JONVI!!!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this:

contributing to a discussion about Chris Walker's return to Florida? I don't need William Dozier chiming in randomly on threads to tell me which Bat Channel to tune into next week.

I wish I had more hands, so I could give those titties, 4 thumbs down.

followed up by this:

Mighty Mizzou ended up out of gas

DA GATORS

Who will stop them? Stay tuned...

This is the sort of thread spamming that myself and others are complaining about. It isn't as bad as yesterday's twitterplosion, but it still isn't contributing anything.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, let the guy post. Who cares? It's an internet sports forum and if your time were really that valuable you'd probably be doing something a bit more constructive than sitting online here all day.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, you're a fucking 5 year old who can't even google. Got it.

High Five: Loudest basketball arenas | NCAA.com

:lame:

Top Fifteen Arenas in College Basketball | College Basketball Fan Group's Blog | FanNation.com
^^^^^
written by a self described SU fan who said: "The Loud House isn't exactly loud each and every game. Instead, the fans build up over time. While games against Rutgers and DePaul may have average attendance, the fans show up en mass to games against the Georgetown's and the Villanova's."

^^^^^
that has pretty much been my argument in a nutshell

you can say the dome is the most famous arena, you can even say that it is the loudest when it gets those 30k + games. But week in....week out it is not at that elite noise level. ESPN said it has to be over 30k to be equivalent to cameroon noise wise. yes they have done that 3x this year, but before that they average 1 or 2 of those games a year. I never thought of the dome as one of the hardest places to play in. Louisville & pitts records there are very telling of that. I have sat in pretty much every section of that stadium and I never felt that it was anywhere close to rupp, kfc, cameron or allen. That is just my honest opinion on the thing. jonvi & runemen may disagree with me but I know a lot of SU fans side with me on this issue. I dunno about you but i would never go commenting on arizona's arena if I have never been there.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, let the guy post. Who cares? It's an internet sports forum and if your time were really that valuable you'd probably be doing something a bit more constructive than sitting online here all day.

If it was just me, I'd shut up and let it go. It's clear that several of the regular posters on this board don't care for his spamming of discussion threads. And so far the only people I've seen come to his defense are a bunch of random fuckers that hardly ever (if at all) post on the basketball forums.

If you don't like the complaining, then don't read the fucking complaint thread.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

Top Fifteen Arenas in College Basketball | College Basketball Fan Group's Blog | FanNation.com
^^^^^
written by a self described SU fan who said: "The Loud House isn't exactly loud each and every game. Instead, the fans build up over time. While games against Rutgers and DePaul may have average attendance, the fans show up en mass to games against the Georgetown's and the Villanova's."

^^^^^
that has pretty much been my argument in a nutshell

you can say the dome is the most famous arena, you can even say that it is the loudest when it gets those 30k + games. But week in....week out it is not at that elite noise level. ESPN said it has to be over 30k to be equivalent to cameroon noise wise. yes they have done that 3x this year, but before that they average 1 or 2 of those games a year. I never thought of the dome as one of the hardest places to play in. Louisville & pitts records there are very telling of that. I have sat in pretty much every section of that stadium and I never felt that it was anywhere close to rupp, kfc, cameron or allen. That is just my honest opinion on the thing. jonvi & runemen may disagree with me but I know a lot of SU fans side with me on this issue. I dunno about you but i would never go commenting on arizona's arena if I have never been there.

Oh... so you're saying that the Carrier Dome is only a good venue in games that matter. Oh wow, that's a tough break, only having 30k screaming fans there for the good games. It's such a shame you have to scrape by with a meager 20k when the powerhouses like Hofstra come to town.

Oh and for the record, I would guess that Cameron is probably the most consistent in terms of noise level for most games. But if you go watch a glorified exhibition game against Sisters of the Poor at Allen, Rupp, Pauley, Dean or any other venue, it probably isn't as loud as when they host their biggest rivals. But way to get a nice grasp on the fucking obvious.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me see if I can get a good summary of the john0 logic...

"We don't schedule good teams on the road if we can avoid it because our home court isn't as loud when we play against bad teams."

john01992, ladies and gentleman. john01992.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me see if I can get a good summary of the john0 logic...

"We don't schedule good teams on the road if we can avoid it because our home court isn't as loud when we play against bad teams."

this is why you are so dumb. clueless to the actual arguement at hand. catsopac & I have been on this argument not about ooc scheduling but talking about SU this season and how important is it that all their quality wins have been at home:L

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... my mistake. I guess I was wrong.

So what you were saying is that the crowd in the Carrier dome only shows up for the "good" games, but in the good games you played at home the Carrier Dome wasn't an advantage because the fans didn't show up for the good games.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... my mistake. I guess I was wrong.

So what you were saying is that the crowd in the Carrier dome only shows up for the "good" games, but in the good games you played at home the Carrier Dome wasn't an advantage because the fans didn't show up for the good games.

did i say there was no advantage at all? sheesh. the amount of times you keep butting in on this conversation does not amaze me because i have learned to expect that from you. however what i don't get is how you keep jumping to the most ridiculous of conclusions of what you think i am saying.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i say there was no advantage at all? sheesh. the amount of times you keep butting in on this conversation does not amaze me because i have learned to expect that from you. however what i don't get is how you keep jumping to the most ridiculous of conclusions of what you think i am saying.

Well, I suppose than I should inquire to Mr. CatsTopPac as to what your point really was. (I'd ask you, but I've noticed that when asked directly a question that might result in you actually having to make a definitive statement instead of talking in nonsensical circles, you typically are disinclined to oblige.)

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys let's just give tshirt a chance, remember he has a low IQ (Forrest Gump) & needs special attention, we could make a forum were he can go & play by himself, what do you guys think ??

6604604_std.jpg

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys let's just give tshirt a chance, remember he has a low IQ (Forrest Gump) & needs special attention, we could make a forum were he can go & play by himself, what do you guys think ??

6604604_std.jpg

If you're suggesting I bump uglies with his principal, you've greatly overestimated my interest in a happy resolution.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you have it right Trolly. The argument started because of SU's shitty OOC schedule. Then he replied that there are 4,000 colleges in NY, and that SU is required by federal law to rotate and play them all (at home of course). Then I said that even the good OOC teams that they do schedule, are almost always at home (Nova and IU); and that home wins don't count the same as true road games, because of the lack in hostile environment, and the ability to actually be tested against adversity. He stated that coming back from being down against Nova is "being tested". I replied that when you have tens of thousands of SU fans at the Carrier Dome, it isn't anything close to being tested (this was also with regard to Ennis and the pressure of being a freshman PG and his unproven ability to win under considerable pressure). Of course, I found it extremely humorous that just because his team had to come back at home (with the advantage of having more fans behind them than almost any other homecourt in the country), he qualified that as being tested, and that given SU's recent record against Pitt and 'Ville, the Carrier Dome was not a as solid of a homecourt advantage. Never mind that here are the actual stats about what those games actually looked like:

2014: Did not play 'Ville, and beat Pitt at home
2013: Lost at home to 'Ville at home by 5 (Ville won the NC), and didn't play Pitt at home (lost in Pitt)
2012: Beat both 'Ville and Pitt at home
2011: Didn't play either team at home
2010: Lost to both 'Ville and Pitt at home
2009: Lost to 'Ville at home ('Ville was overall #1 seed and made Elite 8), didn't play Pitt at home (lost in Pitt)
2008: Did not play 'Ville at home, and lost at home to Pitt (SU went to NIT that year)
2007: Did not play 'Ville at home, and lost at home to Pitt (SU went to NIT that year also)
2006: Beat 'Ville at home, and didn't play Pitt at home
2005: Didn't play 'Ville (before they got to the BE), and lost at home to Pitt (lost by 4 @ home and 13 in Pitt)
2004: Didn't play 'Ville (before they got to the BE), and each road team won playing Pitt
2003: Didn't play 'Ville (before they got to the BE), and beat Pitt at home

So, looking at the games, SU is 3-5 in at least the last 12 years at home. SU is 3-2 at home against Pitt when they were the better team (i.e., not the two consecutive years that SU went to the NIT, and not the year that Pitt swept them, where they still played better against them at home in the Carrier Dome). There were also two years where SU didn't play Pitt at home, and lost to them in Pitt. And there is also a year in which both teams won on the road. All of that points away from the assertion that Pitt is in a current stretch of domination against SU in the Carrier Dome, despite SU being the better team who just can't seem to muster up that weak homecourt advantage in the Carrier Dome. Fact is, When SU had the better season, they won at home, when Pitt had the better team, they won at the Carrier Dome. When the teams were pretty split, they usually split (either home or away), and some years, they didn't play at all. But one thing is for certain, the overwhelming majority of the time they played Pitt in the Carrier Dome (except the year when they each won on the road), SU played better at home. When they didn't, it was because Pitt was just the far better team (SU's NIT years and the year Pitt swept them), and there was nothing they were going to do to win--at home or on the road.

As far as 'Ville is concerned, it's almost the same. SU went 2-3 against 'Ville at home in the last 12 years. Two of those losses were when 'Ville was just the better team. They lost at home to 'Ville last year ('Ville won the NC), and also in 2009 ('Ville was the overall #1 seed). Other than those two years, SU beat 'Ville at home 2-1. Again, not such a case of SU being this juggernaut and losing at home to weaker teams. They lost because they were the weaker team, and they should have lost.

Against the pretty comparable competition (and even arguably better during the stretch), over those same 12 years, SU was 5-4 at home against 'Nova, and 7-2 at home against GTown. Now check this out. Out of those 18 combined games against those 2 team, 13 of those games were when 'Nova or GTown were ranked, and for SEVEN of those games, they were ranked in the top ten! Shit, looks like going 12-6 against two teams when 13 of those games were against a ranked team, and 7 of those games were against a top ten opponent is a pretty good mark at home; especially when SU went to the NIT during two of those years. And since I'm feeling froggy, I'll jump. Let's look at UConn. SU went only 4-3 against them at home. But again, they lost to them when they played one of the years SU went to the NIT, and hell, SU beat UConn at home the year UConn won it all (2004). And by the way, in those 7 years, UConn was ranked in the top 25 for 5 of those years, and in the top ten for 2 of them.

So if SU really didn't have the homecourt advantage that I think they do, then how is it that they are going 16-9 at home in 16 games against ranked opponents, and especially when 9 of those games were against top ten opponents? And shit, that's considering that for two of those years, they didn't even make the tourney!!!! But there they are, beating all kinds of ranked teams, top ten teams, and even an eventual NC in there.

So when you add all of this up, it seems fairly clear that against 'Ville, Pitt, G Town, Nova, and UConn, SU is still 21-17 against all of those teams while they were ranked, ranked in the top ten, made Final Fours, and National Champions. And one more time, SU didn't even make it to the tourney during two years. Maybe at a glance, 21-17 at home doesn't seem so great, but when it's against 5 teams with 7 Final Fours, and 3 National Champions, then it's pretty much a solid indication of a great homecourt advantage.

Anyway, I digress. Ultimately, Trolly, you are correct. The volume argument originated as an OOC argument. He just keeps moving on when he has no more outs, and so he just clings to another argument.