• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How can we ban this Tshirt guy from the CBB forums?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He literally throws shit up on every thread that nobody cares about. Every time I see that he has the last post, I avoid that thread like the plague and that means that if anybody else posted on that thread before him I likely won't see it because I don't want to see 1,000 tweets about what a 12-year old thinks of ISU vs Okie St.

Please help me fellow SportsHoopla people, how does one get another banned?

p.s. I'm ok if we ban JohnO too....

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He literally throws shit up on every thread that nobody cares about. Every time I see that he has the last post, I avoid that thread like the plague and that means that if anybody else posted on that thread before him I likely won't see it because I don't want to see 1,000 tweets about what a 12-year old thinks of ISU vs Okie St.

I guess it's up to the mods. I'm not sure if what tshirt is doing is against hammers rules or not. Seems to me if you put up something we are supposed to comment or debate the article. Just throwing up several post, there is no way to discuss any of them as by the time a person responds, there are 2 more pages of spam and nobody else can catch up with the subject. It's hard to see the woods because of all the trees.

I agree he is spamming threads and should be relegated to spamming threads in the penalty box. You get my vote.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just block/ignore him and move on.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U gotta let it play out. Making a thread like this doesn't help get anyone closer to the door except for you. Not saying you'll be banned for calling out other posters to be banned but due to the fact that I have no fukin clue who you are, u've drawn my attention. Hopefully your posts are quality ones.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can do that, but you have assumed too much about my ability to make that happen. How do I block someone?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a bad idea....But that doesn't help everyone that comes along afterwards. Unless everyone blocks him, anyone coming into the thread would never find a comment that we made without sifting through all the shit.

Not a bad idea....but I think the penalty box is better. JMO.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U gotta let it play out. Making a thread like this doesn't help get anyone closer to the door except for you. Not saying you'll be banned for calling out other posters to be banned but due to the fact that I have no fukin clue who you are, u've drawn my attention. Hopefully your posts are quality ones.

fair enough, but I think you will find Tshirt has even stated he doesn't even like college bball very much. I am a diehard fan, and i think that you will see the majority of my posts have to do with the sport (I will admit I will add a nothing post after john0 posts but since he trolls every thread created I can't help that).

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you.. he falls into a rare category of being a good poster in some areas, not so much in others. There has been discussion on him in the past. Both posters actually. We'll probably review the issue again but if this thread ends up disappearing dont take it as us ignoring it, just that weve put it elsewhere to discuss it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can do that, but you have assumed too much about my ability to make that happen. How do I block someone?

Click on his username. Go to User List, then drop down to Add to Ignore List.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Near the top left of the screen is "User CP". Click it. On the left side is a menu for "Edit Ignore List". Click it and type in the name you want to ignore.

Done.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you.. he falls into a rare category of being a good poster in some areas, not so much in others. There has been discussion on him in the past. Both posters actually. We'll probably review the issue again but if this thread ends up disappearing dont take it as us ignoring it, just that weve put it elsewhere to discuss it.

no problem, thanks

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just out of curiosity, what does letting it play out entail? I read in another thread where the moderation staff seems to frown upon reporting posts as they usually like to let the subforums "handle things internally" (or something to that effect)

Does "let things play out" mean, let everybody harass this guy until he stops? Everybody shut up about it and hope he goes way? Everybody learn to live with it because spamming the boards with a bunch of crap no one cares about is technically okay?

Does vBulletin not have the ability to ban members from certain areas? My understanding is that john0 was already banned from the Arizona boards for trolling over there. If the powers that be determined that tshirt falls into the "not so much" category for college hoops, could he just be banned from this board?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like his posts.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, what does letting it play out entail? I read in another thread where the moderation staff seems to frown upon reporting posts as they usually like to let the subforums "handle things internally" (or something to that effect)

Does "let things play out" mean, let everybody harass this guy until he stops? Everybody shut up about it and hope he goes way? Everybody learn to live with it because spamming the boards with a bunch of crap no one cares about is technically okay?

It means that we are already aware of the situation and are working on doing something other than a knee-jerk reaction. Thats one of the things that separates our moderation from the draconian types.

Does vBulletin not have the ability to ban members from certain areas? My understanding is that john0 was already banned from the Arizona boards for trolling over there. If the powers that be determined that tshirt falls into the "not so much" category for college hoops, could he just be banned from this board?

It does and we use this solution quite frequently

Precisely why nothing has happened yet. Some of them are really good.

Last edited by a moderator:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest I am fine with whatever since I have him on ignore now. Didin't realize how well that works

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do too, when it's not 40 straight pics, tweets or cut-n-pastes that we could find on our own if we cared.

tshirt, we like you, man but you gotta stop. Remember, I already asked you once. Bring your A game and you're a great poster. The other stuff has got to stop.