• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Houston "you have a problem", the Texas Rangers 9/14-17

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what happened to Winding? I haven't seen him post in a few months now.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. I just hope our success this year doesn't make the front office over confident in the team. I am not going to worry about that at this point though. I am just going to enjoy the moment. There will be plenty of time in the offseason for me to worry about that.

And by over confident, you mean not actively trying to unload the Choo and/or Fielder contracts in the offseason?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by over confident, you mean not actively trying to unload the Choo and/or Fielder contracts in the offseason?

Pretty much.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than just that I think. I still think there is a lot of room for improvement in some areas. We do need more offense and I would like another proven arm for the pen. I wouldn't mind an upgrade at catcher at some point as well. For the long term benefit of the club I would like to see them move Choo.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than just that I think. I still think there is a lot of room for improvement in some areas. We do need more offense and I would like another proven arm for the pen. I wouldn't mind an upgrade at catcher at some point as well. For the long term benefit of the club I would like to see them move Choo.

If Choo's current level of production is close to what we can expect from him for at least the next two years that is a mighty big ask to replace that production next year if you unload him. All I'm saying is, if we're trying to be legitimate contenders next year, Choo probably needs to be part of that team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Choo's current level of production is close to what we can expect from him for at least the next two years that is a mighty big ask to replace that production next year if you unload him. All I'm saying is, if we're trying to be legitimate contenders next year, Choo probably needs to be part of that team.
I understand that point completely. On the other hand it frees up some money and it probably brings you back some pieces to either use or trade for something else. Myself, I am willing to gamble that he can't put up this kind of production over the course of the next two seasons. Having Mazara and Brinson tearing it up at AAA helps me to feel better about gambling on Choo not being as productive as well. Your point is well taken though.

Choo's attitude with Banister still bothers me also.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I was surprised they didnt walk Mitch to load the bases (so that there could be an out at any base)....... face Odor (hope his aggression got the best of him and he struck out) and then get Elvis to roll one over for the DP.

That would have been my point of attack.

Butttt they didnt. So hello first place!

:wash:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I was surprised they didnt walk Mitch to load the bases (so that there could be an out at any base)....... face Odor (hope his aggression got the best of him and he struck out) and then get Elvis to roll one over for the DP.

That would have been my point of attack.

Butttt they didnt. So hello first place!

:wash:
Not sure what happened up above but I was surprised at that as well and with them leaving a RHer in the night before to face Fielder. AJ has made some questionable moves.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been really torn about this team. I don't really believe in them or think they are all that special, but it's been exciting to see them beat their PYTHAG and win games no one thought they should. Of course I would always rather win the division even if the West is shitty and it means winning the division with 87 wins.

Just not trying to get swept up in the mindset that Texas is a team of destiny. JD made some moves and got them competitive in a down year for the division, so we will see what happens I guess. It's funny because Astros fans really think they are a good team...It's like they don't realize how awful the West has been this year. Hell the AL as a whole pretty much sucks outside of 3 teams.
The thing that I find interesting right now is I am not even sure there are 3 teams. KC has shown some holes in their starting pitching and that can be the same issue with Toronto. I am not seeing a real powerhouse. As usual it will be the team that is playing the best ball at the end of the year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. What is the point of getting rid of a guy who has been a huge part of the 2nd half success and hope to replace him with someone who may or may not get it done for less. As a fan I want the Rangers to win not save money. I am a selfish fan to a point. :D

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that I find interesting right now is I am not even sure there are 3 teams. KC has shown some holes in their starting pitching and that can be the same issue with Toronto. I am not seeing a real powerhouse. As usual it will be the team that is playing the best ball at the end of the year.

Which ATM looks like us and Toronto.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice of Rasmus to make those 3 really great throws last night. Air mailed one over the catchers head on a throw that should not have been made, missed the cut off that pretty much allowed Fielder to score from 1st and then tried to kill the gopher who stuck his head out of the ground on the winning SAC fly.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice of Rasmus to make those 3 really great throws last night. Air mailed one over the catchers head on a throw that should not have been made, missed the cut off that pretty much allowed Fielder to score from 1st and then tried to kill the gopher who stuck his head out of the ground on the winning SAC fly.
He is so awful looking he is taking it out on everyone.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love it. Hating all things Houston, its really wonderful to see them faltering and the Rangers soaring this past month+.

I see no reason why the Rangers should slow up the rest of the way and it would be great if Houston missed out on the playoffs completely.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. What is the point of getting rid of a guy who has been a huge part of the 2nd half success and hope to replace him with someone who may or may not get it done for less. As a fan I want the Rangers to win not save money. I am a selfish fan to a point. :D
The only reason I mentioned saving money is that it would give us more to spend. Bacsik mentioned this afternoon that he would like the Rangers to go after Cespedes this offseason. Would trading Choo and signing Cespedes work for you? He would cost more than we could save on Choo since we would have to pay some of Choo's salary. Is that being selfish enough? lol

Of course, I wouldn't mind spending in a couple of other areas as well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I mentioned saving money is that it would give us more to spend. Bacsik mentioned this afternoon that he would like the Rangers to go after Cespedes this offseason. Would trading Choo and signing Cespedes work for you? He would cost more than we could save on Choo since we would have to pay some of Choo's salary. Is that being selfish enough? lol

HA! HA! You better believe I would take Cespedes. That guy is an athlete deluxe. May come to closest of reminding me of Bo Jackson. Speed, Power, Arm, you name it he has got it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Cespedes is hitting well, all is right with his world. When it isn't, he's a cancer in the clubhouse, and loafs in the field/base-paths.

At least this is my impression of him, and therefore consider him off-limits for the Rangers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! HA! You better believe I would take Cespedes. That guy is an athlete deluxe. May come to closest of reminding me of Bo Jackson. Speed, Power, Arm, you name it he has got it.
Can you imagine a 2017 OF of Mazara, Brinson, and Cespedes? Maybe two of them if not all of them by the middle of next year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Cespedes is hitting well, all is right with his world. When it isn't, he's a cancer in the clubhouse, and loafs in the field/base-paths.

At least this is my impression of him, and therefore consider him off-limits for the Rangers.
Bacsik put it this way. Oakland suffered once they got rid of him and the Mets are much better off with him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need more proof of that I would guess. The guy has turned the Mets around like nobodies business. Plus, I think the Rangers have had a very unique clubhouse atmosphere for a few years and it may help Cespedes from having issues you mentioned.