• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Houston "you have a problem", the Texas Rangers 9/14-17

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, now that is impressive.

Yes, and it will be even more impressive, if they hold on to win the division. After that April, the injuries, and that stretch in July. It would be real damn impressive

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You post that in the wrong thread RD?

LOL Oops. I replied to the wrong comment... was supposed to be a reply to this one of romeo's:

"Why do they keep putting that heffer on camera?"

How you been Murph?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Oops. I replied to the wrong comment... was supposed to be a reply to this one of romeo's:

"Why do they keep putting that heffer on camera?"

How you been Murph?

Haha, thought maybe you were responding to something else and I saw you had just posted over on the PF as well.

Been good, hope all is well with you!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, thought maybe you were responding to something else and I saw you had just posted over on the PF as well.

Been good, hope all is well with you!

Good to hear. Doing great overall. Rangers looking like they could make a run and Cowboys pulled off a most improbable win. Thinking about ditching the PF though, too much nonsense over there. Really haven't been visiting SportsHoopla that much lately overall.

Think I might catch a Ranger game this weekend. If they can keep this up, I am going to make sure and go to a playoff game at least.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place... who would of thunk it? So do you think we have the tools to make a deep playoff run?

I know we got to make it first but we just increased our odds a lot.

Not me

Not really (starting pitching is still shaky and offense has trouble manufacturing runs) but the BP is solid now

Hopefully Hamels, Holland, Lewis, Gallardo get their mess together and keep it together, I have/had zero expectations for Perez this season, so his struggles don't surprise me nor do I hold it against him

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me

Not really (starting pitching is still shaky and offense has trouble manufacturing runs) but the BP is solid now

Hopefully Hamels, Holland, Lewis, Gallardo get their mess together and keep it together, I have/had zero expectations for Perez this season, so his struggles don't surprise me nor do I hold it against him
Agree on Perez and we also may be expecting too much from Holland just yet as he has pitched just 11 games in 2 years. Or at least I have. But he should get up to speed much quicker than Perez.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright! Surprised they did not bring their closer in.

Personally, I was surprised they didnt walk Mitch to load the bases (so that there could be an out at any base)....... face Odor (hope his aggression got the best of him and he struck out) and then get Elvis to roll one over for the DP.

That would have been my point of attack.

Butttt they didnt. So hello first place!

:wash:

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and it will be even more impressive, if they hold on to win the division. After that April, the injuries, and that stretch in July. It would be real damn impressive
They were talking on The Ticket this morning about that and about how they can't recall any local team being under .500 two thirds through the season and then coming back and doing this well.

I wonder if any of those other 4 teams had a losing record two thirds of the way through the season?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 20 year-old is having some big moments on what is a big stage for him. Bodes well for our future and maybe a not too distant future at that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me

I've been really torn about this team. I don't really believe in them or think they are all that special, but it's been exciting to see them beat their PYTHAG and win games no one thought they should. Of course I would always rather win the division even if the West is shitty and it means winning the division with 87 wins.

Just not trying to get swept up in the mindset that Texas is a team of destiny. JD made some moves and got them competitive in a down year for the division, so we will see what happens I guess. It's funny because Astros fans really think they are a good team...It's like they don't realize how awful the West has been this year. Hell the AL as a whole pretty much sucks outside of 3 teams.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been really torn about this team. I don't really believe in them or think they are all that special, but it's been exciting to see them beat their PYTHAG and win games no one thought they should. Of course I would always rather win the division even if the West is shitty and it means winning the division with 87 wins.

Just not trying to get swept up in the mindset that Texas is a team of destiny. JD made some moves and got them competitive in a down year for the division, so we will see what happens I guess. It's funny because Astros fans really think they are a good team...It's like they don't realize how awful the West has been this year. Hell the AL as a whole pretty much sucks outside of 3 teams.

Can't say I'm a believer in this team either if we're talking about taking a legitimate deep playoff run but as we all know once you get into the tournament anything can happen and more times than not there's always a surprise or team.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas had our O/U at 76.5 before the season. Anyone bet the over?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I'm a believer in this team either if we're talking about taking a legitimate deep playoff run but as we all know once you get into the tournament anything can happen and more times than not there's always a surprise or team.
Absolutely. No clue what's gonna happen, but I would rather be a part of the mix than licking wounds after another 90 loss season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. No clue what's gonna happen, but I would rather be a part of the mix than licking wounds after another 90 loss season.
Definitely. I just hope our success this year doesn't make the front office over confident in the team. I am not going to worry about that at this point though. I am just going to enjoy the moment. There will be plenty of time in the offseason for me to worry about that.