• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Houston "you have a problem", the Texas Rangers 9/14-17

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True......Not sure I've ever seen a COF as happy to see a CF show up as Nap was last night.

I get where the Rangers/Banister is coming from on the offensive end. And frankly, that worked out very well last night. But that's going to be an adventure in left every time out.
Probably as glad as we were to see Stubbs go out to play LF later on. Otherwise we all would be taking some kind of medicine to calm our nerves from each ball hit to left. Like being shell shocked.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably as glad as we were to see Stubbs go out to play LF later on. Otherwise we all would be taking some kind of medicine to calm our nerves from each ball hit to left. Like being shell shocked.

It sounds like Napoli in LF (when a lefty is throwing) is going to be the plan moving forward....

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Napoli in LF (when a lefty is throwing) is going to be the plan moving forward....
Not a good plan. Mitch LF and either Nap or Prince at 1st /DH is better.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good plan. Mitch LF and either Nap or Prince at 1st /DH is better.

Right or wrong they are not going to put Mitch in OF at this point due to injury concern. So far the downsize of the situation has not bit us too much. If we are going to find a way for Nap, I wonder if he could catch a couple innings. Maybe things change come playoff time

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right or wrong they are not going to put Mitch in OF at this point due to injury concern. So far the downsize of the situation has not bit us too much. If we are going to find a way for Nap, I wonder if he could catch a couple innings. Maybe things change come playoff time

I think the only way Napoli catches is in an emergency situation

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay then. I must have been remembering and posting links to a completely different discussion. I guess I simply don't recall the debate you are referring to. I guess I wasn't a part of that discussion. My bad. I guess since the number 20 was such a big part of both discussions that I thought you had in mind the one I posted a link to. I honestly don't recall a different discussion, but it wouldn't be the first discussion that I didn't recall.

Its one in the same, you're beyond obtuse if you don't see the debate

You stated that Rua might lead the team if he hit 20, Rev and Romeo both thought that was absurd, while you later backed off that and said the leader would have within 2-3 of that, the initial contention was there

I never said it was a heated debate, but it was debated back and forth nonetheless

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about an injury concern. No don't think so.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about an injury concern. No don't think so.

Really don't remember the last time he caught an inning for anyone. Seems like his knee's just won't allow the abuse anymore, and even for a few innings would be too much.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its one in the same, you're beyond obtuse if you don't see the debate

You stated that Rua might lead the team if he hit 20, Rev and Romeo both thought that was absurd, while you later backed off that and said the leader would have within 2-3 of that, the initial contention was there

I never said it was a heated debate, but it was debated back and forth nonetheless
When Rev said Rua might hit 20 I said he might lead the team if he hit that many. I never pretended that that was definitely going to be the case and that is why I clarified it right away. It was a possibility that anyone who hit 20 had a chance to lead the club in my estimation because I didn't expect anyone to get over 22 or 23. After Rev responded to what I said about Rua I told him the upper limit of the range I was expecting. I didn't back off of anything. I simply clarified what I expected from the team. It turns out that what he was expecting wasn't all that different than what I was expecting. I thought up to 23 would lead the team and he thought 25 would.

Of course it wasn't a heated debate? I said I enjoyed the discussion and that I still do.

You are making the term less than 20 equal to 24 and hinting that I might be obtuse. Go figure. You also said I was not the only one saying the HR total would be on the low side of the discussion and I certainly was as is evidenced by the posts that we can both look at. You said things that indicated we were talking about two separate debates and yet you want to call me obtuse for thinking we must be. You framed the debate in 2 ways that was simply not the case. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and thinking I must be talking about a different discussion altogether. I won't make that mistake any more. I am thinking now that you simply mis-remembered and will not admit to doing so even when the posts are right in front of your eyes.

I am through with this conversation. It isn't going anywhere even with all of the facts in print before us both.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What injury concern are you referencing? They certainly didn't mind him playing out there during our WS years.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What injury concern are you referencing? They certainly didn't mind him playing out there during our WS years.
Wondering the same thing

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Nap was considered for LF then maybe in a WS game where he has an entire off season to rest he could catch a couple of games. Probable of course not. Impossibility. Not in my mind. Good to explore all alternatives
More brainstorming then anything. Yes if done now I think it would be an emergency. Maybe not in October

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conversely maybe Mitch is in LF in October. I think they are protecting him for the playoffs. I think this might happen unless Gallo uncorks

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitch like your back in the World Series Holland