• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Houston "you have a problem", the Texas Rangers 9/14-17

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went to last nights game. I was a little disappointed in the turn out but the crowd was into the game. Nothing like September meaningful baseball games. The Astros are ripe for the picking if the Rangers can keep their foot down.

Never in a million years did I think this bull pen could be a strength this season. Shout out to JD for all that

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best advantage Dallas has over Houston is that Dallas has Fort Worth right next door.
not really...the coast has it's appeal.
I think it started with the Texans/Oilers and the Cowboys came along and slammed the door. Houston's been looking up ever since.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went to last nights game. I was a little disappointed in the turn out but the crowd was into the game. Nothing like September meaningful baseball games. The Astros are ripe for the picking if the Rangers can keep their foot down.

Never in a million years did I think this bull pen could be a strength this season. Shout out to JD for all that

I just heard this via Goose Gosselin and it does make a little sense: "DFW fans seem to have a championship mentality. And they view the Rangers as a playoff contender, but not a championship one."

Don't necessarily like or totally agree, but it does make some sense.

As far as the BP is concerned......you/me and the rest of us baseball nuts couldn't agree more. Pretty astounding really how we've taken a huge weakness and turned it into a strength.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Offseason | Page 428 | SportsHoopla Sports Forums

I went back and read all of the comments from the discussion. My contention was that 20 would be close, within 2 or 3 of the lead, and that is what I said. I never said that no player would hit 20.

The last time I mentioned HR numbers in that discussion was when I said the following.

"Well, I did say 20 would be within 2 or 3 of the lead so we are not that far off from each other.

I would not be shocked if Beltre hit 23-24, but I don't expect that much. If Prince hits 25 I would be very surprised. I don't even know if Mitch will be starting once Gallo comes up and then there is always a good chance he gets hurt."

My contention from the beginning to the end of the discussion was that 20 would be within 2 or 3 of the lead. It was never that no one would hit 20.

I never said it was just you, there was a debate though, quit taking shit so personal, it wasn't a personal attack, it was simply a reflection on a debate that SEVERAL people had

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W
I just heard this via Goose Gosselin and it does make a little sense: "DFW fans seem to have a championship mentality. And they view the Rangers as a playoff contender, but not a championship one."

As far as the BP is concerned......you/me and the rest of us baseball nuts couldn't agree more. Pretty astounding really how we've taken a huge weakness and turned it into a strength.
Was a great job by JD in righting that wrong. Main need is a RH OFer with some pop. One who can catch a fly ball.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was just you, there was a debate though, quit taking shit so personal, it wasn't a personal attack, it was simply a reflection on a debate that SEVERAL people had
You seem to have gotten quite upset for some reason.

My side of the debate was just me. The other side was just Rev and Romeo. At least as far as those who offered their opinions on this forum. Now others may have sided with one side or the other, but they didn't make their feelings known that I could find.

I didn't see it as a personal attack. I saw it as you slightly misstating what the debate was about. Calm down. It isn't something to get riled up about. Like I said in that previous discussion, "Well, thankfully we are about to find out about some players so we won't have to speculate. Meanwhile, I enjoy the discussion. It has been enjoyable discussing the offseason events and speculating about the future." To me it was an enjoyable discussion then and it should be now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have noticed before that this town seems to lag the Rangers success by a year as shown by attendance.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope DeShields gets it going again. Want to see that speed racing around the bases.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to 105.3 on the way into work this morning and they were talking about the Twins weak schedule they have left. They mentioned the Tigers, understand that. The Indians-hello but their pitching makes them dangerous. KC who they said have it wrapped up - but they are now in a dog fight with Toronto for best record. But what caught me is they did not even mention their 4 game series against the Angels. That is huge to both those teams. Do these guys not do any research?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can laugh now can't we.

True......Not sure I've ever seen a COF as happy to see a CF show up as Nap was last night.

I get where the Rangers/Banister is coming from on the offensive end. And frankly, that worked out very well last night. But that's going to be an adventure in left every time out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True......Not sure I've ever seen a COF as happy to see a CF show up as Nap was last night.

I get where the Rangers/Banister is coming from on the offensive end. And frankly, that worked out very well last night. But that's going to be an adventure in left every time out.
How long do you have to keep the avatar?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do you have to keep the avatar?

:pound:.........For a week. Honestly, I thought he was gonna hammer me a lot worse than this. And I'd a posted it regardless. Bets a bet in my mind.

But, like I said over on the college thread, the bet was made and all of it has been in good fun. No worries from my side.

If this is a bad as it ever gets, I may live forever.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:.........For a week. Honestly, I thought he was gonna hammer me a lot worse than this. And I'd a posted it regardless. Bets a bet in my mind.

But, like I said over on the college thread, the bet was made and all of it has been in good fun. No worries from my side.

I found one id rather you wear for the rest of your sentence.

original-jpg.29392.jpg

How good of a sport are ya? :lol:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have gotten quite upset for some reason.

My side of the debate was just me. The other side was just Rev and Romeo. At least as far as those who offered their opinions on this forum. Now others may have sided with one side or the other, but they didn't make their feelings known that I could find.

I didn't see it as a personal attack. I saw it as you slightly misstating what the debate was about. Calm down. It isn't something to get riled up about. Like I said in that previous discussion, "Well, thankfully we are about to find out about some players so we won't have to speculate. Meanwhile, I enjoy the discussion. It has been enjoyable discussing the offseason events and speculating about the future." To me it was an enjoyable discussion then and it should be now.

I'm not riled up at all. Other than you insinuating that I'm referring to you directly about a long ago had debate between multiple people, I could care less. I wasn't misstating anything, its exactly what I said it was, debating whether or not we would have anyone/how many people we would have hit 20+ HRs.

It just clicked in my mind when Moreland actually did hit his 20th, simple as that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congratulatios! You are the very first VOLUNTEER SOONER.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not riled up at all. Other than you insinuating that I'm referring to you directly about a long ago had debate between multiple people, I could care less. I wasn't misstating anything, its exactly what I said it was, debating whether or not we would have anyone/how many people we would have hit 20+ HRs.

It just clicked in my mind when Moreland actually did hit his 20th, simple as that.
Okay then. I must have been remembering and posting links to a completely different discussion. I guess I simply don't recall the debate you are referring to. I guess I wasn't a part of that discussion. My bad. I guess since the number 20 was such a big part of both discussions that I thought you had in mind the one I posted a link to. I honestly don't recall a different discussion, but it wouldn't be the first discussion that I didn't recall.