• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Houston "you have a problem", the Texas Rangers 9/14-17

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome win tonight! My take:

- absolutely dog shit home plate umpire
- Hamels once again pitches deep into the game, bends but doesn't break, and keeps the damage to 3 or fewer
- great to see the power return over the last 2 games
- still would like to see one or two more hits with RISP
- Valbuena is a total roiding douchebag
- Marisnick is the hitter equivalent of Grant Balfour... settle down asshole
- Rasmus is hideously ugly

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Hamels once again pitches deep into the game, bends but doesn't break, and keeps the damage to 3 or fewer
- great to see the power return over the last 2 games
- still would like to see one or two more hits with RISP
- Valbuena is a total roiding douchebag
- Marisnick is the hitter equivalent of Grant Balfour... settle down asshole
- Rasmus is hideously ugly

:10:.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Rangers take the West and the Twins then overtake the Astros for the 2nd WC spot. It would serve their jealous fanbase right for talking smack all year long.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Rangers take the West and the Twins then overtake the Astros for the 2nd WC spot. It would serve their jealous fanbase right for talking smack all year long.

The jealousy Houston has on Dallas is very very real. I just don't get it. Being in Dallas my whole life I've never really cared or acknowledged what happened in that city where as it's the opposite with Houstonians.

Reactions: gb2

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see the Angels lose last night as well.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummed that Grant has become the mouthpiece for Banny to do some seriously dangerous things...

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. The ump decided to squeeze the zone on Cole in the 7th. Case & point -- the called 2nd strike to Fielder in the 8th. How is that a strike but the 3 or 4 that Cole threw in the 7th arent???

Also -- no issue with sending Napoli in the 2nd. Gimenez was up next, so it would have been an out anyways. Make them make a perfect throw. It pays off more times than not.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jealousy Houston has on Dallas is very very real. I just don't get it. Being in Dallas my whole life I've never really cared or acknowledged what happened in that city where as it's the opposite with Houstonians.

What does Houston have to be jealous of? Both cities seem similar to me, but I guess my opinion doesn't matter because I don't live in either one.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have our first guy with 20+

I remember the debate before the season about whether we would have any... SHOULD add Fielder and Choo to that before its all done

Outside chance at Beltre making it
I believe the debate was slightly different than that. I think the debate was started when I said the following.

"I don't see anyone hitting substantially over 20. I think anyone who hits 20 will be within 2-3 HRs of the lead if not in the lead. I do think we will have several players hitting between 15-20 HRs."

If 20 is not within 2 or 3 of the lead then someone is going to have a very good last couple of weeks. It would be fitting if it was Moreland who did that because he has proven a lot of folks wrong this year. I didn't expect Mitch to stay healthy enough to get that many and I am glad he has proven me wrong about him staying healthy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Houston have to be jealous of? Both cities seem similar to me, but I guess my opinion doesn't matter because I don't live in either one.

You apparently have spent little to no time in either if you think Houston and DFW are the same.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the debate was slightly different than that. I think the debate was started when I said the following.

"I don't see anyone hitting substantially over 20. I think anyone who hits 20 will be within 2-3 HRs of the lead if not in the lead. I do think we will have several players hitting between 15-20 HRs."

If 20 is not within 2 or 3 of the lead then someone is going to have a very good last couple of weeks. It would be fitting if it was Moreland who did that because he has proven a lot of folks wrong this year. I didn't expect Mitch to stay healthy enough to get that many and I am glad he has proven me wrong about him staying healthy.

The debate was exactly that afterwards, regardless of how it started

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The debate was exactly that afterwards, regardless of how it started
2014 Offseason | Page 428 | SportsHoopla Sports Forums

I went back and read all of the comments from the discussion. My contention was that 20 would be close, within 2 or 3 of the lead, and that is what I said. I never said that no player would hit 20.

The last time I mentioned HR numbers in that discussion was when I said the following.

"Well, I did say 20 would be within 2 or 3 of the lead so we are not that far off from each other.

I would not be shocked if Beltre hit 23-24, but I don't expect that much. If Prince hits 25 I would be very surprised. I don't even know if Mitch will be starting once Gallo comes up and then there is always a good chance he gets hurt."

My contention from the beginning to the end of the discussion was that 20 would be within 2 or 3 of the lead. It was never that no one would hit 20.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why but Dallas has always been considered the much higher profile city than Houston despite Houston has always been a little bigger. Also helps we had the show Dallas, have the Cowboys etc. There's a lot of sports envy Houston has on Dallas. Have a lot of friends from there and I don't get it personally but it is there and real.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best advantage Dallas has over Houston is that Dallas has Fort Worth right next door.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why but Dallas has always been considered the much higher profile city than Houston despite Houston has always been a little bigger. Also helps we had the show Dallas, have the Cowboys etc. There's a lot of sports envy Houston has on Dallas. Have a lot of friends from there and I don't get it personally but it is there and real.

I said this much earlier, but I have lived in both - Dallas much more so than Houston - and conducted business in both for over 20 years. And it is indeed real, and it comes from the south to the north much more so than the other way around.

Houston has an itch they just can't scratch, and the DFW could care less about Houston. It really reminds me of big brother envy.

Never really understood it, but this is what I sense.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels once again pitches deep into the game, bends but doesn't break, and keeps the damage to 3 or fewer

I am really pleased with his performance.
I was worried when they first acquired him that he wouldn't be this strong.
I like being wrong sometimes.......:clap: