• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 8/19-8/21

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash seemed to do more like what these guys were saying & an anaging proactively instead of reactively. Good smart win & tonight 'stros made more mistakes on paths.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ... I think they felt like they got booted out of Round Rock so weren't that enthused to move. I understand the Ryan Express Inc thing ... but I thought it was a mistake moving the franchise out of OKC after being there as long as they were. OKC is actually closer to Arlington than Round Rock.

OKC is actually 40 more miles but who's counting:) Plus you only need one distribution hub for Nolan Ryan Beef in Texas.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian may be coming out of his little slump. 2 hits and a walk tonight.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Mitch, but beginning to think we need to be looking for a more consistent hitting 1b in the offseason...

Kinsler. Get a real OF in the offseason
Ian doesn't belong there....first should be an easier transition

Pretty much a given Profar will start 2nd

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ian still doesn't give you that much offensive value at first and he's not exactly built for it. It's still a better option than outfield though.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice team win, Blackley did well with only a single major mistake. Not too high on Wash BUT he is much different since AS break and my irritation with him is much less. This may be his best season as a manager. Rangers needed to get this win from woeful Astros. They cannot give away these kind of games.

Kinsler- 1st, Profar -2nd,Rios- LF, Cruz- RF..... Would be perfect! Probably don't have to grossly overpay Cruz because of the suspension

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have noticed fewer people complaining about wash except for the Murphy issue.
I have noticed same. To be fair though he has altered his approach. It could be he is better suited to this kind of small ball team. It could be he is finally confident since he now is the all time Rangers manager win leader. He may have actually woke up and figured out that he needed to tweak his management of games. It could just be a small sample aberration. I welcome this change. I truly hope he continues along this path. No one is perfect but he is at least in the range of acceptable MLB managers compared with where he was.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I remember most of us agreed the night after the second walk off HR on July 30th not to change our underwear. We still doing that? Wife complaining.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler- 1st, Profar -2nd,Rios- LF, Cruz- RF..... Would be perfect! Probably don't have to grossly overpay Cruz because of the suspension

One would hope since he left us high and dry this season. Especially if they bring him back for a post season run.