• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 8/19-8/21

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, something like that. Is there any way to add a gradiant to the red? Maybe like a red that fades to black with the distort (or white).

Yeah, I can play around with that. Basically you are just wanting the appearance of lighting and/or shading correct? If so there are several ways I can do that. Anyway, I have to get back to work for now but I play with this more tomorrow.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can play around with that. Basically you are just wanting the appearance of lighting and/or shading correct? If so there are several ways I can do that. Anyway, I have to get back to work for now but I play with this more tomorrow.

No worries, no rush. It was just a vision I had in my brain and threw out there. Everyone else may hate it :)

I like the one we have, but IF we are looking to change it then let's get everyones take on it.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, no rush. It was just a vision I had in my brain and threw out there. Everyone else may hate it :)

I like the one we have, but IF we are looking to change it then let's get everyones take on it.

I blew off work for a few more minutes. How do you like this:
VVCap Image

here's one with a little more of a gradiant:
http://vvcap.net/db/b3CGM2EY4MyLSPdsLyiX.htp

Also, if I finish this and people like it, how will I send you the real image... right now I am just sending screen captues.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blew off work for a few more minutes. How do you like this:
VVCap Image

here's one with a little more of a gradiant:
VVCap Image

Also, if I finish this and people like it, how will I send you the real image... right now I am just sending screen captues.

Holy cow, and you jsut whipped those out. That's impressive. I like the one with the black to red gradient.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights lineup

RANGERS
CF Leonys Martin
SS Elvis Andrus
2B Ian Kinsler
DH Adrian Beltre
C A.J. Pierzynski
RF Alex Rios
1B Mitch Moreland
3B Jurickson Profar
LF David Murphy
P Travis Blackley

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow, and you jsut whipped those out. That's impressive. I like the one with the black to red gradient.

That's cool. Let me know if everyone else does and where to send the actual image by private message should everyone decide they want to change it. I probably will not make it back to this thread tonight so I won't see most of the replies.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Now I see what you guys are wanting me to replace at the top of the page. It is already a pretty good one, but I will give it a shot when a get a little spare time.

I think originally, the blue "T" under everyone's profile......is what everyone was wanting changed.
Then somehow it changed into the banner at the top of the page. :noidea:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think originally, the blue "T" under everyone's profile......is what everyone was wanting changed.
Then somehow it changed into the banner at the top of the page. :noidea:

LOL, yeah I know. I could change that too but it just seems like the regular logo would be fine, maybe change the Stars logo though :). Anyway, I wouldn't be offended if no one wants to change the banner. It didn't take up that much of my time and I enjoy doing stuff like that.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights lineup

RANGERS
CF Leonys Martin
SS Elvis Andrus
2B Ian Kinsler
DH Adrian Beltre
C A.J. Pierzynski
RF Alex Rios
1B Mitch Moreland
3B Jurickson Profar
LF David Murphy
P Travis Blackley

So shocked:) Especially the #9 spot.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Blackley pulls off a shocker tonight. I really think the way Ogando pitches is an arm injury waiting to happen. He whips his arm with what seems like very little push from his legs.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Blackley pulls off a shocker tonight. I really think the way Ogando pitches is an arm injury waiting to happen. He whips his arm with what seems like very little push from his legs.

Regarding Blackley: I just looked him up, and he's 30, but went 6-4 with a .386 ERA with A's last year. Honestly, didn't know anything about him.

Ogando: I'm just hoping he hasn't blown out his arm for good, and can be available for Sept. If he comes back, I think his days as a "potential" starter are over!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe I am late with the news of Dempster's 5-game suspension and fine for "throwing at ARod" the other night. That's unusual ... a suspension?

Brian O'Nora the HP umpire didn't throw Dempster out of the game ... he also didn't eject Franklin Morales for hitting Gardner nor Rubby De La Rosa for hitting Nix and Cano ... so how is MLB so smart that it decides to suspend and fine Dempster ... but not the other guys.

If I am Ryan Dempster ... I would appeal that suspension as being unjustified based on evidence that it was anything other than a mispitch just like the mispitches by Morales and De La Rosa that also didn't result in ejection ... or suspension.

As long as ARod can flaunt his suspension and keep playing affecting the standings in the ALEast ... then BOS has a legitimate beef. I'd throw at him too ... perhaps at his hip or knees rather than his head. But I would definitely be trying to take him out.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Blackley: I just looked him up, and he's 30, but went 6-4 with a .386 ERA with A's last year. Honestly, didn't know anything about him.

Ogando: I'm just hoping he hasn't blown out his arm for good, and can be available for Sept. If he comes back, I think his days as a "potential" starter are over!

He shut us down last year, or maybe the year before. The stuff is there.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am late with the news of Dempster's 5-game suspension and fine for "throwing at ARod" the other night. That's unusual ... a suspension?

Brian O'Nora the HP umpire didn't throw Dempster out of the game ... he also didn't eject Franklin Morales for hitting Gardner nor Rubby De La Rosa for hitting Nix and Cano ... so how is MLB so smart that it decides to suspend and fine Dempster ... but not the other guys.

If I am Ryan Dempster ... I would appeal that suspension as being unjustified based on evidence that it was anything other than a mispitch just like the mispitches by Morales and De La Rosa that also didn't result in ejection ... or suspension.

As long as ARod can flaunt his suspension and keep playing affecting the standings in the ALEast ... then BOS has a legitimate beef. I'd throw at him too ... perhaps at his hip or knees rather than his head. But I would definitely be trying to take him out.

So the first pitch was a mispitch that went behind him? The 2nd and 3rd were tight, but not that bad. Then the 4th drilled him in the shoulder. There was more than a single pitch getting away, there was clear intent. He should have been tossed like Lackey vs Ian a few years ago.

I agree that they should keep plunking him, but only games where the Yanks are losing so as not to pile on and help them win with runners. Aim for the left butt cheek though

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he has no leg to stand on, he threw behind ARoid and way inside with the next 2 and then nailed him with the 4th. personally I wished he had knocked ARoid's head off

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels place Aybar and Vargas on waivers. Cardinals has already contacted Angels about Aybar. His contract is 8.5 million thru 2016 according to Bleachers.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's cool. Let me know if everyone else does and where to send the actual image by private message should everyone decide they want to change it. I probably will not make it back to this thread tonight so I won't see most of the replies.

Ford ... how about moving posts on "New Banner" to its own thread ... then through the balance of this week we can input thoughts about what Dude has done so far.

I like the first "more red" one ... but would love to see a player pic on the left and on right of the top two players the community think will be most responsible for taking TEX to the post season for the fourth straight season.

My Vote: Adrian Beltre and Yu Darvish

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he has no leg to stand on, he threw behind ARoid and way inside with the next 2 and then nailed him with the 4th. personally I wished he had knocked ARoid's head off

Didn't realize it took 4 pitchers to get him ... that's our guy Ryan Dempster!

... but he still wasn't ejected from the game. I would still appeal the suspension ... and MLB determination better not come back with a decision on my suspension before the one on Rodriguez.

With the suspension ... MLB is attempting to forestall anyone else throwing at Rodriguez going forward.

By the way on a somewhat related note ... if Rodriguez is suspended ... he loses his NYY salary but did you know that TEX still owes him $40mil deferred salary for his time in TEX ... and when it is programmed for payment the amount will have grown to $50mil?