• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 8/19-8/21

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed Feliz is doing well out of the pen at RR. Pitched an inning 2 of the last 3 days with 3 k's and 0 walks and 1 hit. Hope he continues to progress.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Ross is he throws hard with little movement. He has to have pinpoint control and doesn't. Because his pitch has no real break to it a lefty is able to stay in the box and get comfortable. This happened last year too. He probably needs to be shut down for a while and regain arm strength.
Ross has turned into a situational lefty this year, and it's hurting him. He is being categorically misused. He can successfully get outs from either side of the plate. I think now we are seeing the mental side of things catch up to him, because his role has changed. He used to be the high leverage guy no matter the situation. He's lost that job and he's struggled. He might be tired, but it might be a lot more.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting my hopes up to high for tonight. Hoping for a big surprise in the form of a "W".

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap...Jarred Cosart went to high school 10 minutes from my house. Don't know much about him, but really had no clue he was a local Houston area kid. And even more Holy crap...Jay Buhner went to the same high school...How the hell did I not know this?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I kept thinking "sure wish we could bank some runs for tomorrow night". I think we need to score 6 runs to have a shot tonight.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you wished it worked that way? Maybe the Astros shot their wad by scoring 4 runs in the 7th? Guess we will find out...

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I kept thinking "sure wish we could bank some runs for tomorrow night". I think we need to score 6 runs to have a shot tonight.

Time will tell:) We might see a different Blackley than the one playing for a team which was destined to lose over 100 games. Some players have a hard time pumping up their game knowing it is going to be a losing season. In his interview spot during the game last night he seemed pumped up. Maybe he is a smart pitcher and paid attention to the Houston batters when he was there. Knows what to work and avoid. I would not doubt Soto gets the call tonight to catch for him. Seems he is good with new arrivals and AJ ran around those bases a lot last night.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, keep on rolling Rangers! I have Martin and AJ on my fantasy team and based on their performance last night I put the match up team in quite a hole:) Oh yeah it helps having Miggy on my team as well.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of think Wolf would be a better 5 starter than Blackley. I mean Blackley is now playing for the only team he has ever been any good against. He didn't really cost anything, so I guess it doesn't hurt to try though, I just think Wolf might be better but really neither are ideal. Either way, you got to think Ogando's days as a starter are pretty close to being shut down. I would like to think we have someone better on the farm that we can put in the 5 spot but I guess we will get back Tepesch in a couple of weeks.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll check. Never seen a gif banner, so it might be limited.

asked HD about animated banners, and no can do. They have to be static images.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
asked HD about animated banners, and no can do. They have to be static images.

That's cool, thats is what I figured. I'll try and make a static image banner for you guys here in the next few days just bare with me, I just started two new jobs and I am trying to get settled in. In the mean time any ideas would be great.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was always told jpg/png.

Gif banner wouldnt look right anyways - best to use a flash format for that.

EDIT: the first one we had.... had alot of players on it... and everyone bitched about it. Hence why the current one is just plain.

Oh, and must say "sports SportsHoopla" on it somewhere.

At least those were the rules...

^^^^^

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks, Now I see what you guys are wanting me to replace at the top of the page. It is already a pretty good one, but I will give it a shot when a get a little spare time.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool, thats is what I figured. I'll try and make a static image banner for you guys here in the next few days just bare with me, I just started two new jobs and I am trying to get settled in. In the mean time any ideas would be great.

I had an idea for a simple one, but it would be really plain. It was actually going to be for the Cowboy board, but would work here too. Adapt for Rangers, but; navy blue background with small silver stars spaced out and distorted to look like "bent" or "bubbled" up and to the middle. Then right in the middle the Cowboy Star logo.

Seems like simple designs like that would work well with the background/sidebars here.

Might work with red background and then white stars, flowing into the current logo up there.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an idea for a simple one, but it would be really plain. It was actually going to be for the Cowboy board, but would work here too. Adapt for Rangers, but; navy blue background with small silver stars spaced out and distorted to look like "bent" or "bubbled" up and to the middle. Then right in the middle the Cowboy Star logo.

Seems like simple designs like that would work well with the background/sidebars here.

Might work with red background and then white stars, flowing into the current logo up there.

I think I could do something like that. Let me make sure I understand though. So we want a Ranger red background with white stars on it (I could also make these mini Ranger T logos if you want), then the Ranger logo in the middle, made to look like it is distorting a surface( the stars/logo and red background). I also have access to a ton of effects like turning a picture into a sketch or tons of lighting effects. Here is an example effect:
VVCap Image

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of think Wolf would be a better 5 starter than Blackley. I mean Blackley is now playing for the only team he has ever been any good against. He didn't really cost anything, so I guess it doesn't hurt to try though, I just think Wolf might be better but really neither are ideal. Either way, you got to think Ogando's days as a starter are pretty close to being shut down. I would like to think we have someone better on the farm that we can put in the 5 spot but I guess we will get back Tepesch in a couple of weeks.

I am kind of with you on Wolf but they have messed him around so much that he finally got to pitch the other day for the first time in what seemed like weeks. He has done a very good job in various roles 90 pct of the time and some of them in big situations. But I would think he has to be somewhat rusty. He deserved more opportunities.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fordman

So maybe something like this but distort the T's so that it looks like the Texas logo is warping them?
VVCap Image

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fordman

So maybe something like this but distort the T's so that it looks like the Texas logo is warping them?
VVCap Image

Yeah, something like that. Is there any way to add a gradiant to the red? Maybe like a red that fades to black with the distort (or white).