• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 7/5

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weakness of our starting pitchers and consequently over-worked bullpen has become obvious to even a casual fan. Our lack of a power bat has also been exposed. I think this team needs more than one move before the deadline if they want to win this year. Otherwise, we're playing for next year and so let the young guys play. Which is it, JD?

Probably the latter, won't have to wait long to find out....

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it was always the latter, we just had more success than was expected out of the gate and expectations rose unreasonably

Beginning the year with Tepesch ... then Grimm ... then Lindblom in the rotation ... honest expectations had to be in the gray area. All depended on the rookie/first year starters continuing to pitch well and the offense putting up 2011 ABs. So am with Lainey ... they are on the cusp of deciding where they are.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks

(I meant thanks for the info on the DH)

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning the year with Tepesch ... then Grimm ... then Lindblom in the rotation ... honest expectations had to be in the gray area. All depended on the rookie/first year starters continuing to pitch well and the offense putting up 2011 ABs. So am with Lainey ... they are on the cusp of deciding where they are.

Yeah, it really is tough when you realize we have had just 2 of our original starters for most of the year.

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it really is tough when you realize we have had just 2 of our original starters for most of the year.
Yes it is. And I really am not that disappointed with Grimm and Tepesch. They frustrate me at times and both need more development but they have kept us in there for the most part. We're only 0.5 games back and only Grimm was slated to be here when we broke camp. And that was as the fifth starter.

So I think JD is doing some soul searching right now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild pitch came back and bit him.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We score and Grimm gives it right back...he falls behind on the count and its trouble every time.