• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 7/5

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a crap about the ASG? It's an exhibition game where some self-important DET starter will open and serve up 5 runs of batting practice because "that's what the fans want".

Talk about "WastinSomeTime" ... the ASG is wasting time. Too many players and fans focus on it and not winning games that count.

And I certainly don't care about some NL rookie in a 3rd place team who has had a good month and a half. Gibson would have drilled him right in the ribs on his first AB.

Why was that necessary?

chill.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a crap about the ASG? It's an exhibition game where some self-important DET starter will open and serve up 5 runs of batting practice because "that's what the fans want".

Talk about "WastinSomeTime" ... the ASG is wasting time. Too many players and fans focus on it and not winning games that count.

And I certainly don't care about some NL rookie in a 3rd place team who has had a good month and a half. Gibson would have drilled him right in the ribs on his first AB.

Hey, you are talking about my favorite pitcher as a kid. I mentioned Puig because they were talking about Scheppers and it is baseball relevant. We all hate to see our team lose but try and take it with some class.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I suspect that team ERA that was keeping at the top of the AL is taking a dive.
Add some offensive drop off? BP fried, losing it...or probably both.
Add the fact that our that we are tacking on more losses each month...

I was so disappointed (and a little shocked) by reading the box score, that I skipped watching the condensed version of the game on MLB, I've never done that regardless of what happened...couldn't do it this time.

hopefully I'll be able to watch tonight because this team is so schizo, Grimm will probably pitch a complete game and EA will hit a grand-slam.

(yeah I know, but I hope to watch anyway)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should move Tepesch into a long relievers role since he does so well the first time through the lineup and put Lindblom as a starter. And send Grimm to AAA and move Wolf into his spot and of course have Soria take Grimm's spot in the rotation. I know Ogando would get Wolf's spot eventually even though I like him in the bullpen better. I saw where Ogando gave up 2 homers in 2 innings last night at RR.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I suspect that team ERA that was keeping at the top of the AL is taking a dive.
Add some offensive drop off? BP fried, losing it...or probably both.
Add the fact that our that we are tacking on more losses each month...

I was so disappointed (and a little shocked) by reading the box score, that I skipped watching the condensed version of the game on MLB, I've never done that regardless of what happened...couldn't do it this time.

hopefully I'll be able to watch tonight because this team is so schizo, Grimm will probably pitch a complete game and EA will hit a grand-slam.

(yeah I know, but I hope to watch anyway)

The schizo sentence had me laughing. That is how I feel. Don't forget that they play at 2:05 today.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance, you were once feared

What could have possibly gone wrong with Money-whipping a guy out of retirement that has bad knees?
No one saw that coming.

I need a sarcasm font.
I've always respected and liked Berkman....but it looks as if, right now anyway, we don't have a true DH.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schizo sentence had me laughing. That is how I feel. Don't forget that they play at 2:05 today.

I actually DID forget that time, aye aye aye...my multi-tasking life is getting the better of me at times.
Thank you!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could have possibly gone wrong with Money-whipping a guy out of retirement that has bad knees?
No one saw that coming.

I need a sarcasm font.
I've always respected and liked Berkman....but it looks as if, right now anyway, we don't have a true DH.

Makes one think a Ramirez as DH is coming if Chrinos PH for Berkman. I hope we get someone better than that unless the guy cleans up at AAA.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should move Tepesch into a long relievers role since he does so well the first time through the lineup and put Lindblom as a starter. And send Grimm to AAA and move Wolf into his spot and of course have Soria take Grimm's spot in the rotation. I know Ogando would get Wolf's spot eventually even though I like him in the bullpen better. I saw where Ogando gave up 2 homers in 2 innings last night at RR.

I've been saying that I'm worried about this bicep-tendinitis injury...I did see that about Ogando, and so it remains concerning. :L

I don't mind those SP ideas, if it doesn't work, what's loss really?
The biggest complaint people will give is that you can't ever move a Rookie Starter to a BP role. I think there are times where it's warranted, and this is one of them. We need help in the BP and Soria doesn't look to be enough, and that's assuming a guy that hasn't pitched for almost two years is going to be back to form.
I'll be optimistic and say he will be a huge help, but yes...we still need another arm in there.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm posting in the wrong place, and I think I am....just considered this VERY pre-game talk

:)

(I'll look around at the other threads)

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I too heard about Ogando's performance last nite. Grimm needs to pitch well this afternoon and into the 7th at the very least. He has to be on a short leash and another loss to the Astros could send this team reelling into into the break having to play at Balt and Detroit coming up.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I hope I'am Wrong ?
Rangers are tetering, confidence is waning, they are always waiting on the Next error, mistake pitch or baserunning goff to sink them. Rangers have the collaspe of 2012 haunting them, they have no sparkplug , no Elite player to carry this team.Thsy have no Stopper ! They look Very Average.
Non of the regulars are getting healthier, they are getting beat down, nagging injuries, tired and Older.
They just have too Many Holes, DH, Catcher, BP, SP, and Managing to overcome every night.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepesch to the DL... Soria up. Berkman hurt himself again last night (hence the pinch hitting for him w/Chirinos)

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What everyone needs to remember is that most people at the beginning of the year KNEW this team had issues, which why we had a one year stop gap at DH, hoping he could provide some quality ABs

We were relying on Gentry and a rookie Martin platooning in CF

The success we've had has created this illusion of a WS contender that did not exist when the season started, many people thought we might be lucky to win a WC again, while some young guys took some lumps and it was thought that this was going to be a growing season

Throw on top of that the injuries to the starting rotation and the bench, and whats happening should not be a surprise

If you say you thought this was a championship contender when this season started, then you are probably delusional or a liar

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels with another big comeback win last night...hate to admit it, but they are stirring. Looks like they are figuring out a way to win despite their pitching...hasn't hurt that Hamilton is finally waking up...

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepesch to the DL... Soria up. Berkman hurt himself again last night (hence the pinch hitting for him w/Chirinos)

What is Tepesch's problem? And now LB... Man, the injuries just keep coming...

Very concerned about Scheppers and Ross as well....maybe they just need a little rest...lets hope...