• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 7/5

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we got hold our breaths and hope Grimm can give us a half way decent performance tomorrow because this bullpen is spent

He is going to have to get to the 7th or the 8th tomorrow

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see if a reliever is on his game let him pitch more than 1 inning and give another guy a night off. But when we keep sending out Cotts for the 6th, Ross 7th, Scheppers 8th these guys are warming up every night and coming in to pitch. It has to catch up to these guys. And with Lindblom and Wolf along with Frasor we should be able to keep guys rested. But this robot approach works for a while but eventually gets us.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what JD needs to do to fix this team.

He may have to get a whole new bullpen and get some starting pitching help or it's gonna be a long second half

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Astros scored 9 runs off Yu, Ross and Scheppers...who would have thunk it?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig will run away with the vote because the media has done what they did for Harper last year. This vote-in is such a set up by MLB. He was 1-5 last night and their lead in to that game was his hit. It should have been the 7 RBIs by Uribe.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even jd should able to see he needs to get off his buttt and do something, pitching and hitting.
And if JD sees the same Wash that we see, he needs to fix that too

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even jd should able to see he needs to get off his buttt and do something, pitching and hitting.
I don't think JD has enough prospects to get the pitching/batting this team needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks. Thanks wash you did everything to lose this one.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a pitcher. And someone to replace berkman, he looks done.
@Evan_P_Grant
Lance Berkman is being pinch hit for by Robinson Chirinos. That's telling.

Yes it is.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If lance were dog he would be put down...

Yeah by all accounts he looks done, bet it was nice to get that contract for less than half a season of baseball.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow just heard Darvish has already given up 15 Hr's one more than he did all of last year. Tonite was one of the most frustrating losses of the year. Your at home with your ace on the mound needing a win to get back into first place against the worst team in the league . Seriously other than Altuve and Castro the Astros trot out AAA team. We desperately need Grimm to give us a quality start tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Puig will run away with the vote because the media has done what they did for Harper last year. This vote-in is such a set up by MLB. He was 1-5 last night and their lead in to that game was his hit. It should have been the 7 RBIs by Uribe.

Who gives a crap about the ASG? It's an exhibition game where some self-important DET starter will open and serve up 5 runs of batting practice because "that's what the fans want".

Talk about "WastinSomeTime" ... the ASG is wasting time. Too many players and fans focus on it and not winning games that count.

And I certainly don't care about some NL rookie in a 3rd place team who has had a good month and a half. Gibson would have drilled him right in the ribs on his first AB.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a crap about the ASG? It's an exhibition game where some self-important DET starter will open and serve up 5 runs of batting practice because "that's what the fans want".

Talk about "WastinSomeTime" ... the ASG is wasting time. Too many players and fans focus on it and not winning games that count.

And I certainly don't care about some NL rookie in a 3rd place team who has had a good month and a half. Gibson would have drilled him right in the ribs on his first AB.

While I agree with everything you just said, we kind of have to care about the ASG because of Selig's stupid new World Series home field advantage rule. Verlander's careless attitude in 2011 cost us home field advantage against StL and possibly the World Series. And even as mediocre as the Rangers have been playing lately, they're still 1 of the only 5 or 6 teams in the AL with a realistic chance of making it back to the fall classic, so we're forced to care. I'm not thrilled at all that our potential World Series fate could lie in the hands of someone like JJ Hardy or Salvador Perez.

You're absolutely correct, though. It's just a popularity contest which shouldn't matter.