• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hot 'Stros to cool their heels in Arlington 6/6 to 6/9

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to find out how this team responds if they get a 6 or 7 game lead. When Wash was here the team would often put it in neutral and coast when they had a comfortable lead. They always expected to be able to simply flip a switch when the race got tight again. Let's hope this team has the mentality that there is no coasting.

I'm ok with coasting if we are sitting 20 games left in the season and we are up by 21 games on the #2 team. Then rest for about 10 games and then knock off the rust the last 10. :suds:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar at 1B.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2B Andy Ibanez skips High A and gets promoted from Hickory to Frisco.

Ibanez, 23, has been one of the best hitters in the South Atlantic League this season. The Cuba native departs Hickory ranking among the league leaders in nearly every major offensive category, including slugging percentage (1st - .546), OPS (2nd - .959), extra base hits (2nd - 26), total bases (2nd - 101), doubles (3rd - 18), on-base percentage (3rd - .413), RBI (4th - 35), and batting average (5th - .324). Signed by the Rangers in July of 2015, Ibanez was riding an 8-game hit streak with the Crawdads that included 4 home runs, 11 RBI.

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how that goes. But damned if they aren't trying to put the best hitters out there.

Profar-Desmond-Mazara-Beltre-Odor may be the greatest 1-5 the Rangers have ever had.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how that goes. But damned if they aren't trying to put the best hitters out there.

Profar-Desmond-Mazara-Beltre-Odor may be the greatest 1-5 the Rangers have ever had.
Overall would you take this over the 2011 lineup?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little surprised at Profar being put at 1st but it keeps his bat in the lineup
I'm sure ir's for the short term. But have no doubt about him handling it. Damn shame Mitch and Fielder have collapsed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue against Nelly, Josh at his best, Kinsler, Napoli, Michael Young, and we still had Elvis.

Agreed. People forget what a tear Napoli was on in the second half. Also, that Kinsler was a 30/30 guy too.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that same vein without Choo getting hurt we wouldn't have Mazara here and we are actually better off with him than Choo I think. Also, I think I read we went 7-2 when Griffin or Ramos pitched so win wise we didn't really suffer without Darvish. It is a testimony to the depth that JD has assembled.
Very true and neither would Profar if Odor didn't knock Bautista up side his head. I have seen things like this happen where management is forced to use a player or players they were not going to use otherwise and it turns out great.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure ir's for the short term. But have no doubt about him handling it. Damn shame Mitch and Fielder have collapsed.
I would not be so sure on it being short term unless Profar just bombs at 1st but even then I think they would move Fielder to 1st. Moreland may need to start being concerned.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to find out how this team responds if they get a 6 or 7 game lead. When Wash was here the team would often put it in neutral and coast when they had a comfortable lead. They always expected to be able to simply flip a switch when the race got tight again. Let's hope this team has the mentality that there is no coasting.

The smart thing to do is rotate rest for the vets. But smartly. Throw in a spot start or two from the minors for our starters as well. That's the smart way when you have a lead.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be so sure on it being short term unless Profar just bombs at 1st but even then I think they would move Fielder to 1st. Moreland may need to start being concerned.

I love having Profar's bat, but at the same time I REALLY don't want him to play 1st. I'm probably just being overtly, injury/future concerned.

I sincerely hope this is a short term mental problem for me......I've got too many already. So please.........

If Mitch hasn't been concerned before now, then it's proof positive he's putting that Mississippi State "Bulldog" degree to it's max. ha ha

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamel needs to be on his A game to night. His last outing was a little shaky.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love having Profar's bat, but at the same time I REALLY don't want him to play 1st. I'm probably just being overtly, injury/future concerned.

I sincerely hope this is a short term mental problem for me......I've got too many already. So please.........

If Mitch hasn't been concerned before now, then it's proof positive he's putting that Mississippi State "Bulldog" degree to it's max. ha ha
I can understand your mental problem. HA! But the issue is there are not too many places available to him. And Odor, Andrus and Beltre are going nowhere.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Schmidt on Bautista:

Schmidt also weighed in on the Bat Flip Era baseball seems to be entering. Not surprisingly, the three-time MVP – considered by many the greatest third baseman in baseball history – isn’t a fan of showmanship.

“I’m old,” Schmidt said. “I’m 66. I grew up idolizing people like Frank Robinson, Johnny Bench, and going back further, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Henry Aaron. These guys all played the game with tremendous class, tremendous respect for the opponent all the time, never showing up the opposition, doing their best to just play their game. That’s the way our heroes carried themselves back then. As we’ve gone into this era now of ESPN and social media, things have changed. If the players cross the line, they kind of get back to the way we policed ourselves back in the day, but that line is a little further away now than it used to be. Pitchers are very demonstrative on the mound when they get hitters out, with no respect or very little respect for those hitters, and hitters sometimes cross the line now. But that line, as I said, is very much further away than it used to be when I played.”

Schmidt thought Jose Bautista was out of line with his bat-flip homer that defined the 2015 ALDS. Bautista paid for it with a plunking and a punch to the jaw in May.

“I do think Bautista crossed the line in the postseason last year tremendously with that bat flip,” Schmidt said.