• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hot 'Stros to cool their heels in Arlington 6/6 to 6/9

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a cold shower on all this celebratory mood, but I believe we have 12 more games with them.

Before we go dancing on their grave, perhaps we should make sure they're in it first.

Just a dose of caution is all I'm suggesting.
Wise ole owl you are:thumb:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We started May by losing 4 out of 5 games. Since then this is what we have done.
3-0 Tigers
2-1 White Sox
2-1 Blue Jays
0-3 Athletics - go figure
3-0 Astros
2-1 Angels
2-1 Pirates
2-1 Indians
3-0 Mariners
1-0 Astros
Not including current series we have won 8 out of 9 series and have gone 20-8. That includes 0-3 against the A's.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's lucky he is not in AAA.

I think he is on an up hill battle that AAA won't cure. Tag was sickening last night making stupid remarks about how much better he looked even when striking out. :L

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepeshe signed a minor league deal with the Dodgers

Well the book is closed on that 3.5 year experiment in development. Wish him the best maybe a change of scenery is in order for him.

He did eat up some innings for us in the 2014 season when we were going nowhere fast.

I see his cohort from 2013 season Justin Grimm is still in the Cubs organization.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a cold shower on all this celebratory mood, but I believe we have 12 more games with them.

Before we go dancing on their grave, perhaps we should make sure they're in it first.

obviously the season is still young, we aren't even to the ASG. But for the ones in the books, it's hard to argue with being 7-0 against another team and not being considered better than them.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously the season is still young, we aren't even to the ASG. But for the ones in the books, it's hard to argue with being 7-0 against another team and not being considered better than them.

Considering the Rangers in the past always had either a poor April or May, this year has been promising. If we can avoid he usual late June-July slump we should be golden.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be interesting to find out how this team responds if they get a 6 or 7 game lead. When Wash was here the team would often put it in neutral and coast when they had a comfortable lead. They always expected to be able to simply flip a switch when the race got tight again. Let's hope this team has the mentality that there is no coasting.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually cannot imagine Chirinos adding more than what Wilson and Haladay would have added. They have been far above their norm.
In that same vein without Choo getting hurt we wouldn't have Mazara here and we are actually better off with him than Choo I think. Also, I think I read we went 7-2 when Griffin or Ramos pitched so win wise we didn't really suffer without Darvish. It is a testimony to the depth that JD has assembled.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to find out how this team responds if they get a 6 or 7 game lead. When Wash was here the team would often put it in neutral and coast when they had a comfortable lead. They always expected to be able to simply flip a switch when the race got tight again. Let's hope this team has the mentality that there is no coasting.

You pretty much covered this in your last post, but the main difference - other than RW of course - is the depth which this team can depend on.

But I do think Chirinos is a missing piece for the long run. It's great the young catchers did what they did, but that, at least to me, was somewhat "lightening" captured. We'll be better served if we can have Chirinos as our front line catcher, day-in-out IMO.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I heard an excerpt from an interview that one of the local radio stations had with Keith Law late last week. Keith Law suggested that Prince seemed like a release candidate to him. He is the first one in the business that has suggested that that I know of.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pretty much covered this in your last post, but the main difference - other than RW of course - is the depth which this team can depend on.

But I do think Chirinos is a missing piece for the long run. It's great the young catchers did what they did, but that, at least to me, was somewhat "lightening" captured. We'll be better served if we can have Chirinos as our front line catcher, day-in-out IMO.
I think those Wash teams just let up at times. They decided that until the race got tight again that they could just coast. I always called them the "switch flippers." They thought they could always reach up and flip that switch back on at any time. They eventually broke the switch.