• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hot 'Stros to cool their heels in Arlington 6/6 to 6/9

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we were fortunate to have gotten a win last night. I'll take it of course, but Colby wasn't on top of his game, and our defense....well, saying it wasn't a good night for us with the leather would be an understatement. Yet here we are in the win column.

Usually only good teams can pull this off.
That is the type of a loss that will just eat at a team.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading some of the quotes this morning, it looks like they're in full digestion mode. ha ha

It really does. I love it. The rangers are now living in their heads rent free.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby looked like he was really struggling out there. I'm hopeful we can skip his next outing or give him a Holland-esque 7 day break. he's not the spring chicken in that clubhouse and we have the arms early in the season to give him some extra rest. But he was stumbling and just looked like he was exhausted.

And I know Tom was raving about how much better Prince was doing, but to me it looks like he is still cheating on his swing. he is starting early and he is opening his front shoulder up on the pitch. Even when he checks or doesn't swing, his front shoulder is still opening up. To me it still looks like he has some sort of injury preventing him from loading up and rotating his body. So he is trying to go a little early and it's causing him to look lost.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby looked like he was really struggling out there. I'm hopeful we can skip his next outing or give him a Holland-esque 7 day break. he's not the spring chicken in that clubhouse and we have the arms early in the season to give him some extra rest. But he was stumbling and just looked like he was exhausted.

And I know Tom was raving about how much better Prince was doing, but to me it looks like he is still cheating on his swing. he is starting early and he is opening his front shoulder up on the pitch. Even when he checks or doesn't swing, his front shoulder is still opening up. To me it still looks like he has some sort of injury preventing him from loading up and rotating his body. So he is trying to go a little early and it's causing him to look lost.

Colby will have these starts. He's fine. He lives on the corners. If he's hitting them, he's almost untouchable. If he's not, you get last night.

As for Prince, your 100% correct. On his RBI he rolled over and pulled an outside pitch he should've gone with. His approach still sucks.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He also said they have a more talented team than Texas and shouldn't be losing these kinds of games. Cry harder Giles. You got beat on your best pitch. Take that shit like a man and quit whining.

Well said Rev. If they had more talent than the Rangers just maybe they might had won a few more games.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did look better but you are correct in your assessment of his swing, there's still something wrong there

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby will have these starts. He's fine. He lives on the corners. If he's hitting them, he's almost untouchable. If he's not, you get last night.

As for Prince, your 100% correct. On his RBI he rolled over and pulled an outside pitch he should've gone with. His approach still sucks.

Yeah I know that is Colby, but I am hoping we can afford some rest now to save him for the late summer stretch.

And the strikezone was ALL over the map last night. Both teams got hosed with strikes being called balls and obvious balls being strikes.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem with Prince is he really has no bat control. If he is able to hit anything to the left side of the field 90% of the time it is a weak flair. He swings for the fences which is why he pulls so many pitches and is why 7 of the 9 guys can play middle to RF. So when you have 3 HRs that means you have to hope to pull the ball to where all those position players are not. I really saw nothing different out of him than what I have been seeing. I would love for him to get things going but not to take anyone's place other than Moreland's. The youngsters and Desmond have brought life to this team. So many other guys are playing well so why ruin it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepeshe signed a minor league deal with the Dodgers

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo should take his time getting back. He didn't even make it through the first game on his first come back attempt. I like how we handled Darvish, he was actually ready. What kind of effect do you guys think Choo will have on the order? Is profar still lead off?

i think Choo starts in RF, Mazara in LF, Profar at DH (batting 1st).

Profar
Desmond
Choo
Beltre
Mazara
Roogie
Andrus
Moreland
Wilson

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Profar
Desmond
Choo
Beltre
Mazara
Roogie
Andrus
Moreland
Wilson
Wish Holaday was catching but seriously like this line up.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had more talent than the Rangers just maybe they might had won a few more games.

Not to be a cold shower on all this celebratory mood, but I believe we have 12 more games with them.

Before we go dancing on their grave, perhaps we should make sure they're in it first.

Just a dose of caution is all I'm suggesting.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Profar
Desmond
Choo
Beltre
Mazara
Roogie
Andrus
Moreland
Wilson

Moreland/Fielder (bc in all fairness Moreland isn't hitting any better than Fielder right now, you just lose Moreland's defense, but a couple nights a week shouldn't be too catastrophic) and Rua would likely platoon in that scenario and catcher is going to be some combination of Wilson/Holyday/Chirinos

Otherwise, good lineup

Last edited: