• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'm just going to ask the question now.

How long before somebody makes a horror movie with one of these guys. It's not even made yet and I'm already freaked out.

Good lord ..watch the end when it walks out the door.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'm just going to ask the question now.

How long before somebody makes a horror movie with one of these guys. It's not even made yet and I'm already freaked out.

Good lord ..watch the end when it walks out the door.

Wow... That's incredible. We all better start making more money before we get replaced.

:jaw:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talked about Martyrs a bit last year (page 5, posts #92 and 98).

The original movie is fucked up and disturbing. I haven't seen any remakes, but the french version is sick despite the horrible dubbing that the version I saw had.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The original movie is fucked up and disturbing. I haven't seen any remakes, but the french version is sick despite the horrible dubbing that the version I saw had.

Yeah, it was insanely disturbing. I knew the remake was coming out, saw it at Best Buy and had to pick it up. Gonna watch it soon and see how it holds up to the original. The ending to the original is one of the most fucked up scenes I have seen in a movie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the reminder! Must have slipped through the cracks. I'll put it on the list!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the "Martyrs" remake. It does not hold up to the original. Most of the story was the same, but the ending was different. It was nowhere near as disturbing as the original. I guess they thought America couldn't handle the original? Who knows.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V/H/S: Viral (2014)

If you've seen the previous 2 then you know what to expect. I wasn't as impressed with this one as much. Thought it tried too hard during a few clips, and also didn't care for the real-time story line. The plot was too rushed and porous to develop anything meaningful. But these movies are pretty much centered around the VHS clips anyways. The skateboarder clip was pretty wild, but sadly that was the only one I liked. Another clip was very disturbing. You'll know what I'm talking about if you choose to watch it. Seems like they rushed this one and let it ride the coattail hype of the previous 2. Not going to recommend this one, but like I always say, worth the watch if you are starved for new material.

5/10

Sorry to go back so far, I LOVE the VHS movies, but this third one just did not hold up like the first two. It was awful.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to go back so far, I LOVE the VHS movies, but this third one just did not hold up like the first two. It was awful.
No worries about takin it back. I actually prefer that everyone does that. You're using the thread the way I intended it to be used!

I agree though. They had a good thing going with 1 & 2, but then they decided to throw another one out there without much producing involved and thats the result you get. It made its money because of the popularity the first couple had, so in a way they got the success & money they wanted from it. But the fans are pissed off about it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long overdue... But I've been hearing more & more about it so I think its time to start hashing the discussion

JEEPERS CREEPERS 3

latest?cb=20101127154951

The official timetable has been set for its release in 2017 per Fangoria. Supposedly Victor Salva is directing it & Francis Ford Coppola is producing it. I know that is a long ways away, but you have no idea how much I've been anticipating this. Been keeping my ear to the interweb-ground waiting for a pulse. Last September we finally got one ever since Salva's comments back in '12 or '13 when he said it was "in the works". I'm sure some of you have read the articles from back in September about Jeepers Creepers 3 being "officially" on its way to being made. Many articles stating that production would begin in early 2016. Well, it's early 2016, and there hasn't been any new details about the movie and no updates about what they are up to as far as production goes. The details we do have are extremely vague at best. The plot is always changing, and out of all the several different storylines we've been given, they've never been anything more than a vague outline at best. And if we are to believe the most recent update to the story that was also released in the fore mentioned article in September, then it's the vaguest of them all. There's no cast attached to it. It's getting to the point where it's like the boy who cried wolf. There have been so many rumors and bogus start dates that until I am actually sitting in the movie theatre watching the damn thing, I don't think I'm ever going to believe anything I hear about it. I've been waiting for this movie for so long!!! I think the main problem has been the the controversy that surrounded Victor Salva being a pedo & serving time for it. They wanted to make the movie sooner but a big backlash started surrounding the movie years ago & the money was pulled out of it. I think it took this long just to regain the support & backing for the money. There's still a lot of people who are unhappy that Victor is returning to direct. But it doesn't make any sense when you consider he was already through the controversy prior to releasing the first 2 films? So why all the sudden did his past come back to bite him in the ass? Not saying he didn't deserve it, but that's a discussion for the PF so lets not get into that lol.

Whatever the case is... the fans are in need of substance. And its long overdue.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long overdue... But I've been hearing more & more about it so I think its time to start hashing the discussion

JEEPERS CREEPERS 3

View attachment 92723

The official timetable has been set for its release in 2017 per Fangoria. Supposedly Victor Salva is directing it & Francis Ford Coppola is producing it. I know that is a long ways away, but you have no idea how much I've been anticipating this. Been keeping my ear to the interweb-ground waiting for a pulse. Last September we finally got one ever since Salva's comments back in '12 or '13 when he said it was "in the works". I'm sure some of you have read the articles from back in September about Jeepers Creepers 3 being "officially" on its way to being made. Many articles stating that production would begin in early 2016. Well, it's early 2016, and there hasn't been any new details about the movie and no updates about what they are up to as far as production goes. The details we do have are extremely vague at best. The plot is always changing, and out of all the several different storylines we've been given, they've never been anything more than a vague outline at best. And if we are to believe the most recent update to the story that was also released in the fore mentioned article in September, then it's the vaguest of them all. There's no cast attached to it. It's getting to the point where it's like the boy who cried wolf. There have been so many rumors and bogus start dates that until I am actually sitting in the movie theatre watching the damn thing, I don't think I'm ever going to believe anything I hear about it. I've been waiting for this movie for so long!!! I think the main problem has been the the controversy that surrounded Victor Salva being a pedo & serving time for it. They wanted to make the movie sooner but a big backlash started surrounding the movie years ago & the money was pulled out of it. I think it took this long just to regain the support & backing for the money. There's still a lot of people who are unhappy that Victor is returning to direct. But it doesn't make any sense when you consider he was already through the controversy prior to releasing the first 2 films? So why all the sudden did his past come back to bite him in the ass? Not saying he didn't deserve it, but that's a discussion for the PF so lets not get into that lol.

Whatever the case is... the fans are in need of substance. And its long overdue.

O.....M......G.

Wasn't a fan of the 2nd one, loved the first one.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoy Lloyd Kaufman's horror flicks. He's 70 and has showed no signs of slowing down.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.....M......G.

Wasn't a fan of the 2nd one, loved the first one.
1st one was the best one. 2nd was ok, but could have been better. My only gripe with the 2nd one was it felt more PG... Like giving the creature human-like actions (winking, smiling, etc). If they didn't do that silly shit then it would have been a lot better. And a better cast could have helped lol

Reactions: DJ

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JEEPERS CREEPERS 3

View attachment 92723

Loved the first, hated the 2nd, have to check this one out!
But, it kinda rides me of the "Joy Ride" trilogy, they should have stopped after 1.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the first, hated the 2nd, have to check this one out!
But, it kinda rides me of the "Joy Ride" trilogy, they should have stopped after 1.
I certainly hope not. I would be very disappointed if the squandered this trilogy. It has so much potential.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even see Joy Ride 2 or 3, I just assume they're bad. Lol
I agree, hope they don't ruin this franchise.
I think I saw JR2 but not the 3rd.

JC3... There isn't an official trailer out yet, which irritates me. There are 3-4 fan-made ones on youtube that are being posed as official but any fan can see they used footage from previous films.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw JR2 but not the 3rd.

JC3... There isn't an official trailer out yet, which irritates me. There are 3-4 fan-made ones on youtube that are being posed as official but any fan can see they used footage from previous films.

Yeah, that's retarded. I'll wait for an offical one rather than a fan made one.

I'm just still pissed at the "Martyrs" remake. I can't believe how bad they made the ending and changed it from the original. The original was truly disturbing and stuck with me flr days. This one, I just shrugged off and was disappointed with.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's retarded. I'll wait for an offical one rather than a fan made one.

I'm just still pissed at the "Martyrs" remake. I can't believe how bad they made the ending and changed it from the original. The original was truly disturbing and stuck with me flr days. This one, I just shrugged off and was disappointed with.
I've never been a big fan of remakes. Sequels & trilogies are easier shrug off. Remakes carry a lot more weight to produce. And if it fails... Fans will never forget it.