• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 5 Top 25 Discussion Thread

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you were alone. The difference in the SH poll and that poll is that I can ask you why you voted the way you did. I can ask why you ranked Florida but not teams like Houston, Northern Illinois, Pittsburgh, Nebraska, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arizona, Northern Illinois, Ohio, and East Carolina with similar or better resumes. It's a lot like the AP poll because I get no answers lol.

i think florida's current results are better than all these teams...there are you satisfied? fyi - i have niu at 21.

And, you are alone in ranking Florida ahead of Miami
Pollstalker

so im not sold on miami being world beaters, they havent really played anyone outside of the gators which was at home and close. beat fsu vatech or clemson and ill reevaluate.

I don't think anything should be done. I just wish he would explain why he felt Florida should be so high, higher than other teams with similar resumes, and higher than a team that beat them. As long as people support their rankings I don't care.

Yeah...They're resume isn't one of the 25 best.

and thats your opinion but yet you dont see me saying your whole poll is bs and needs to be tossed because of it. :L

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: Did anybody see the Miami-Florida game and get the impression that Miami was better than Florida?

Maybe I am strange, but I thought that (despite the final score) Florida looked like the clearly better team who just made too many boneheaded mistakes. And at least some of those mistakes were unforced. Considering that Florida hasn't made that many mistakes sense and there defense still seems taut as ever, I don't see any problem with Tabasco's poll. I could point to fifteen or twenty rankings in other people's polls that make less sense. Hell, that's not even the biggest problem in his own poll (the Michigan ranking is).

Where is that Ask Smart Anything thread? I should ask him why he didn't pay attention in third grade.

Smart :whistle:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thats your opinion but yet you dont see me saying your whole poll is bs and needs to be tossed because of it. :L

I never said your poll should be tossed. I simply asked what made Florida's resume better than those teams. If you think Florida is better than those teams based on a game against Miami when they turned the ball over 5 times that's fine and I understand your thinking. But you just keep saying "it's better" and "they're better" and not saying why. I have told you why I think those teams have a very similar argument to Florida.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it does seem to be a few outliers causing the issues, what we could do is tabulate the rankings, after dropping the highest 10% of votes for each team and the lowest % of votes for each team. This is similar to how the BCS eliminates a goofy computer ranking.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it does seem to be a few outliers causing the issues, what we could do is tabulate the rankings, after dropping the highest 10% of votes for each team and the lowest % of votes for each team. This is similar to how the BCS eliminates a goofy computer ranking.

one high and one low would be plenty

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this will be my last week of voting.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is that Ask Smart Anything thread? I should ask him why he didn't pay attention in third grade.

Smart :whistle:

I always type things quickly and go back and edit. The last day or so Chrome has stalled whenever I try to go back and edit. I have to reopen pages to edit, and half the time it stalls again. It's driving me crazy. Anyone else having this?

Me as well.

Boohoo. Seriously, half the fun is making the ballot for yourself or for others to analyze. If your whole purpose of making it is for input on the SportsHoopla poll, you shouldn't be making a poll at all. The irony is you criticize people whose only goal is to affect the SportsHoopla poll and then you make these posts which suggest that your only purpose in making a poll is to affect the SportsHoopla poll.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: Did anybody see the Miami-Florida game and get the impression that Miami was better than Florida?

Maybe I am strange, but I thought that (despite the final score) Florida looked like the clearly better team who just made too many boneheaded mistakes. And at least some of those mistakes were unforced. Considering that Florida hasn't made that many mistakes sense and there defense still seems taut as ever, I don't see any problem with Tabasco's poll. I could point to fifteen or twenty rankings in other people's polls that make less sense. Hell, that's not even the biggest problem in his own poll (the Michigan ranking is).

In the second half, I would agree with you. I thought Miami looked considerably better in the first half, however. That, and winning the game, makes it hard for me to see the justification in such a large discrepancy.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you didnt voote. You just copied this biased garbage.

I'm gonna copy this for my vote.

1. Alabama 4-0 (9, 26, 27)
2. Clemson 4-0 (6)
3. Georgia 3-1 (11, 12, 4)
4. Miami 4-0 (19)
5. Stanford 4-0 (24)
6. UCLA 3-0 (25)
7. Ohio State 5-0 (28)
8. Oklahoma 4-0 (30)
9. Michigan 4-0 (30)
10. Fresno State 4-0 (34)
11. Ariz. State 3-1 (28, 5)
12. USCarolina 3-1 (32, 6)
13. Texas A&M 4-1 (1)
14. Virginia Tech 4-1 (1)
15. Mississippi 3-1 (1)
16. LSU 4-1 (6)
17. Central Florida 3-1 (12)
18. Nebraska 3-1 (13)
19. Florida 3-1 (14)
20. Rutgers 3-1 (21)
21. Michigan State 3-1 (30)
22. Oregon 4-0
23. Louisville 4-0
24. Florida State 4-0
25. Northwestern 4-0

You dropped Oregon 20 spots after a 55-13 win

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ole Miss hoping pretty high after being shut out 25-0

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That isn't really that biased. 24seven uses one of the polls and weighs ranked wins and loses. He has a system. He puts ranked loses higher than unranked undeafted. In the early part of the year it doesn't match up with a lot of polls, but neither does a lot of other polls that use systems.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always type things quickly and go back and edit. The last day or so Chrome has stalled whenever I try to go back and edit. I have to reopen pages to edit, and half the time it stalls again. It's driving me crazy. Anyone else having this?

Boohoo. Seriously, half the fun is making the ballot for yourself or for others to analyze. If your whole purpose of making it is for input on the SportsHoopla poll, you shouldn't be making a poll at all. The irony is you criticize people whose only goal is to affect the SportsHoopla poll and then you make these posts which suggest that your only purpose in making a poll is to affect the SportsHoopla poll.

Boohoo. I'll submit another poll when you grow up and acknowledge wisky's loss to AZ State. Deal?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with 247s poll. It'll be work itself out by the end of the year. I don't think it should count as double though.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he didn't vote last week either.

And 247 does this every year. Just think of it like a small computer element or something. I mean auburn was number one in the Colley matrix at 3-0. I also vote we don't count it twice.

Don't worry about bino. He's just a crazy old troll much like Popeye that can actually almost use real words.