• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 5 Top 25 Discussion Thread

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's have a thread where we rank the top 25 ballots!
Then we can rank those ballots too.
Then we rank the ranking ballots.

Or maybe we should just implement a ballot playoff system, where each conference elects a champion pollster...

:clap: and I came in here thinking I would have to defend my rank of South Carolina...

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, using the AP, Coaches and whatever rankings to justify where you have someone in your rankings is basically the same thing as saying to your mom "but everyone else is doing it".

i voted long before the polls came out. And wasnt using them to justify my votes but rather to demonstrate that my votes for other SEC teams were not as fucking crazy as i am being accused of....

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i voted long before the polls came out. And wasnt using them to justify my votes but rather to demonstrate that my votes for other SEC teams were not as fucking crazy as i am being accused of....

I don't know TJ, I've always had the suspicion you were a little bit off in the ol' noodle. :D

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know TJ, I've always had the suspicion you were a little bit off in the ol' noodle. :D

perhaps, but i most assuredly think that if i was a fan of some random bigten or big12 team i wouldnt have received as much shit. Throw it out i dont care at this point. But by all means keep mabmas...... :sigh:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might catch flak for this but sometimes I get the feeling that the CBS posters hold the ESPN posters in low regards. Truth is though this board was started by ESPN regulars and in the end there is no difference in us, we're all biased and homers and basically just here to shoot the breeze. I see just as many CBS posters I couldn't care less about as what I remember being on ESPN (and some that have now arrived since ESPN shutdown).

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I dislike most of you evenly. My hate knows no discrimination.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait ..... I did say "most" of you. I have an out. I am NOT a liar.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not. Like I said I have plenty of SEC teams in my top 15. Do you ever tire of looking like a fool?

This is not to create any conflict but I don't see, outside Miami and Florida (and not that bad), that crazy of a poll with TJ. Yes Romeo, you do have SEC teams in the the top 15 but look closer. The USA poll has 5 SEC teams in the top 12. You have 2. Alabama is pretty close to a unanimous #1 in all polls and you have them #3. You have Baylor #9 (they're #16 & #17 in real polls). To rip someone for the same thing most people are doing is pretty prejudiced! Why do any of y'all (including me) give a second look at this poll. It's for entertainment purposes only and is nothing but bias by everyone! It should either be fun or not done. But to have 7 pages arguing about it looks too much like me and you! :nod:

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not to create any conflict but I don't see, outside Miami and Florida (and not that bad), that crazy of a poll with TJ. Yes Romeo, you do have SEC teams in the the top 15 but look closer. The USA poll has 5 SEC teams in the top 12. You have 2. Alabama is pretty close to a unanimous #1 in all polls and you have them #3. You have Baylor #9 (they're #16 & #17 in real polls). To rip someone for the same thing most people are doing is pretty prejudiced! Why do any of y'all (including me) give a second look at this poll. It's for entertainment purposes only and is nothing but bias by everyone! It should either be fun or not done. But to have 7 pages arguing about it looks too much like me and you! :nod:

I think Romeo was bored this afternoon and just felt like stirring it up. Not much validity in his criticism.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw out his ^^^^ ballot! Admitted prejudice!

lol. I already owned up to docking USCe a couple spots out of pure hatred. I also apologized for it. I felt bad after seeing where you had Clemson in your poll though. I suppose next week I'll have to mix it up and Give USCe their due.

:gaah:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romeo was bored this afternoon and just felt like stirring it up. Not much validity in his criticism.

Ya caught me. :D

The only really stupid thing was his respective ranking of Florida to Miami.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I already owned up to docking USCe a couple spots out of pure hatred. I also apologized for it. I felt bad after seeing where you had Clemson in your poll though. I suppose next week I'll have to mix it up and Give USCe their due.

:gaah:

After we beat Kentucky we should be ranked in the Top 5. :cool2:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel no remorse for putting Oregon at 22 and copying another voter. I likely would have put them up in the top5 as usual. However, a couple of Oregon fans around here do nothing but troll night and day. I don't know why Mamba is acting like it's just that 1 guy doing stuff, the shit got old quick on gameday with other Oregon fans.

Every SEC game thread had Oregon fans coming in and either talking about a lack of SEC defense, or even trying to say they hadn't played quality teams, espn bias and all that. In EVERY SEC thread. But I guess that isn't trolling huh?

Well if they want to draw attention to shit like that, then the #22 spot is completely justified because Oregon hasn't played anyone yet, certainly not enough for fans to be talking shit and what not. I've gone from being somewhat of an Oregon fan to simply wanting them to lose for the purpose of shutting a few people up. Trying to enjoy a game and discuss it, and of course some asshole has to come along with stupid shit. If this is how Oregon fans act with a little success, fuck em. Be glad I ranked them at all before they actually played anyone. Don't want to show the fans of other teams any respect, then you won't get none either.