• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 5 Top 25 Discussion Thread

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not to create any conflict but I don't see, outside Miami and Florida that crazy of a poll with TJ.

I agree. However, he admitted to submitting a ballot that was meant to offset the biases of other people. That's not how the polls should work. If he doesn't defend his rankings and doesn't even think order them the way they should be, it shouldn't be used.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. However, he admitted to submitting a ballot that was meant to offset the biases of other people. That's not how the polls should work. If he doesn't defend his rankings and doesn't even think order them the way they should be, it shouldn't be used.

Welcome to the world of opinion polls, you honestly believe this doesn't happen in the AP or coaches polls?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the world of opinion polls, you honestly believe this doesn't happen in the AP or coaches polls?

Exactly, and we're starting to get enough votes that one or two crazy polls won't even change the final count by that much.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, but people complain about some of the ballots submitted for those as well...

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and what rule of the SH official top 25 voting handbook was this in violation of? its not like i put them number one. i put them 14 and they are 18/19 in the real polls. get a life.

FYI.....im not alone

Pollstalker

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what rule of the SH official top 25 voting handbook was this in violation of? its not like i put them number one. i put them 14 and they are 18/19 in the real polls. get a life.

FYI.....im not alone

Pollstalker

I never said you were alone. The difference in the SH poll and that poll is that I can ask you why you voted the way you did. I can ask why you ranked Florida but not teams like Houston, Northern Illinois, Pittsburgh, Nebraska, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arizona, Northern Illinois, Ohio, and East Carolina with similar or better resumes. It's a lot like the AP poll because I get no answers lol.

And, you are alone in ranking Florida ahead of Miami
Pollstalker

So what do you suggest be done? You aren't going to change them and like CK said, with enough voters it all comes out in the wash anyway.

I don't think anything should be done. I just wish he would explain why he felt Florida should be so high, higher than other teams with similar resumes, and higher than a team that beat them. As long as people support their rankings I don't care.

exactly! youre telling me everyone that didnt even rank them at all did so with no bias?? BS.

Yeah...They're resume isn't one of the 25 best.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: Did anybody see the Miami-Florida game and get the impression that Miami was better than Florida?

Maybe I am strange, but I thought that (despite the final score) Florida looked like the clearly better team who just made too many boneheaded mistakes. And at least some of those mistakes were unforced. Considering that Florida hasn't made that many mistakes sense and there defense still seems taut as ever, I don't see any problem with Tabasco's poll. I could point to fifteen or twenty rankings in other people's polls that make less sense. Hell, that's not even the biggest problem in his own poll (the Michigan ranking is).

smart summed it up well....