• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 5 Top 25 Discussion Thread

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I need to put Oregon for my poll to count? #15? #10? #5? At what point do you decide my vote is valid?

Will you be releasing what ranks people must vote above for their votes to count next week?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did vote last week, but apparently you alone get to decide who's votes matters and who's doesn't. Who the fuck made you boss of the community poll to do whatever the fuck you want with it?

If you can't do the job right, then don't fucking bother. the point of voting if the guy counting is allowed to just ignore it because he doesn't like how someone voted?

sorry dude it was another bama fan that didn't vote last week. Add your vote in and repost it. And I don't care how people vote. I spend about an hour and a half a week of my time doing this and if you didn't so blatantly not give a shit I would've counted your 'vote'

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I need to put Oregon for my poll to count? #15? #10? #5? At what point do you decide my vote is valid?

Will you be releasing what ranks people must vote above for their votes to count next week?

I really do think you should post your rankings as your vote

Sorry I got pissed about wasting my time

Your vote is valid when you create it

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go ahead and assume Nebraska moves back into the top 25 in the AP poll this week.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry dude it was another bama fan that didn't vote last week. Add your vote in and repost it. And I don't care how people vote. I spend about an hour and a half a week of my time doing this and if you didn't so blatantly not give a shit I would've counted your 'vote'

I really do think you should post your rankings as your vote

Sorry I got pissed about wasting my time

Your vote is valid when you create it

Oh and beno sealed bama at 1 anyway

I voted seriously. My vote had nothing to do with making Alabama #1, and don't really care about that.

There were Oregon and some other fans who trolled the SEC and Alabama game threads last week making a bunch of claims. Really longer than that, as I've been hearing it for weeks. Things like SEC teams hadn't played quality opponents, that polls were biased and should only count what teams had done in the season. Teams didn't deserve to be at the top because of it, and so on.

So I copied 24sevens poll because he applied the logic they all trolled with. I thought it was fitting.

No doubt I would normally vote Oregon in the top 2-5 because of what I expect them to do, and who I expect them to beat. But I wanted to make the point that when you applied the standards they constantly cry about what it actually looks like. 24seven just made it easy for me.

And btw, as far as the time you spend doing it, I stuck up for you in the past and thank you for it. But all votes should count equally.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they likely will. They just will. Watch.

If they don't find, but that's my assumption.

Not saying we deserve it, but we creamed a weak 3-1 team and people are always looking for an excuse to get Nebraska into the national conversation again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind we're currently 25th in the coaches.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted seriously. My vote had nothing to do with making Alabama #1, and don't really care about that.

There were Oregon and some other fans who trolled the SEC and Alabama game threads last week making a bunch of claims. Really longer than that, as I've been hearing it for weeks. Things like SEC teams hadn't played quality opponents, that polls were biased and should only count what teams had done in the season. Teams didn't deserve to be at the top because of it, and so on.

So I copied 24sevens poll because he applied the logic they all trolled with. I thought it was fitting.

No doubt I would normally vote Oregon in the top 2-5 because of what I expect them to do, and who I expect them to beat. But I wanted to make the point that when you applied the standards they constantly cry about what it actually looks like. 24seven just made it easy for me.

And btw, as far as the time you spend doing it, I stuck up for you in the past and thank you for it. But all votes should count equally.

sorry again but it really wouldn't have changed much. Had Oregon been at the top by less than 20 votes I would've gone back and added yours

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying we deserve it, but we creamed a weak 3-1 team and people are always looking for an excuse to get Nebraska into the national conversation again.
Oh ok. Yeah, you're probably right. I'm not saying that Nebraska won't earn their way into the mix this year but I haven't seen anything yet

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry again but it really wouldn't have changed much. Had Oregon been at the top by less than 20 votes I would've gone back and added yours

I'll get over it, but like I said, it's not so much about the results as it is everyone being counted. Don't mind if Oregon is #1 or Alabama is #1. Especially this early in the season. I deal with results I don't particular care for every week.

Also, this isn't just you issue. A few other people don't think some peoples vote(not even me) should be counted.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams with 4 and 5 losses usually hold the 20-25 spot. People seem to forget this.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll get over it, but like I said, it's not so much about the results as it is everyone being counted. Don't mind if Oregon is #1 or Alabama is #1. Especially this early in the season. I deal with results I don't particular care for every week.

Also, this isn't just you issue. A few other people don't think some peoples vote(not even me) should be counted.

fuck that. Their votes may be retarded but they should count. If the rest of us are legit, we can keep the polls balanced and fair. I haven't seen this much bitching about the votes since I joined. Not sure why everyone is so bent out of shape about a poll that has no bearing on anything. Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to do it CK! I tried it once last year and it's definitely time consuming.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck that. Their votes may be retarded but they should count. If the rest of us are legit, we can keep the polls balanced and fair. I haven't seen this much bitching about the votes since I joined. Not sure why everyone is so bent out of shape about a poll that has no bearing on anything. Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to do it CK! I tried it once last year and it's definitely time consuming.

I don't think you understand how this math thing works. If two people rank Alabama #1 and Oregon #22, and the other thirty voters rank Alabama #2 and Oregon #1, the two beat the twenty. You can call people out for bitching and moaning, but it completely invalidate the poll.

And to claim that it is unbiased while you ignore margin of victory and performance, and simply decide rankings by which AD manages to schedule a top 30 team in 2007, is really fucking stupid. 24/7's poll gets tolerable by the end of the year. Right now, it is a complete joke.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand how this math thing works. If two people rank Alabama #1 and Oregon #22, and the other thirty voters rank Alabama #2 and Oregon #1, the two beat the twenty. You can call people out for bitching and moaning, but it completely invalidate the poll.

And to claim that it is unbiased while you ignore margin of victory and performance, and simply decide rankings by which AD manages to schedule a top 30 team in 2007, is really fucking stupid. 24/7's poll gets tolerable by the end of the year. Right now, it is a complete joke.

I understand the math just fine. We're not deciding the National Champs. It's a message board poll. Nothing more. What I don't understand is getting your jimmies russled by an internet message board poll. Call me crazy.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the math just fine. We're not deciding the National Champs. It's a message board poll. Nothing more. What I don't understand is getting your jimmies russled by an internet message board poll. Call me crazy.

I don't understand why you are so offended that we call out a flawed reasoning of college football ranking on a college football board. The inevitable fact of their "system" is that they aren't ranking college football teams at all. They are ranking the ability of ADs to make a schedule.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you are so offended that we call out a flawed reasoning of college football ranking on a college football board. The inevitable fact of their "system" is that they aren't ranking college football teams at all. They are ranking the ability of ADs to make a schedule.

I'm not offended at all. Call them out. Shellack them. Burn em at the stake. I don't care. I just don't see the point, that's all.