• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 5 Top 25 Discussion Thread

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already been over the Wisconsin thing. I make my poll base on merit. And Wisconsin's loss to ASU wasn't because of merit. If you want to call me out for ranking a 2 loss team, call out ASU at 21. Now you guys can bitch about my supposed Wisconsin bias for the next two pages.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T
uncfan103
Fresno St at 13? So they would beat teams like Oklahoma and LSU? GTFO!

Fresno State
3-1 - Rutgers
3-2 - Boise State

Oklahoma
3-2 - Notre Dame
3-2 - West Virginia

LSU
3-1 Auburn
2-2 TCU
Loss to Georgia

Do I think Fresno State would beat LSU, no but they're resume is better IMO. I would still have LSU number one if I was voting based on who would win on a neutral field and I'd be criticized for that. I also think there are 25 teams that would beat Michigan but I didn't leave them out of the rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart
Wisconsin at 20? Sorry, 2 loss teams this early in the season have to earn their way back in. Especially when you rank them ahead of undefeated teams regardless of their schedule.

Wisconsin doesn't have two losses, they have 1.2 or some stupid shit

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a thread for this already.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I supposed to be impressed by Fresno barely beating Hawaii and Boise? A one point loss to Wisconsin (who only lost by seven to OSU) is more impressive than anything Fresno or TTech has done. Same with outgaining Stanford in Palo Alto.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I supposed to be impressed by Fresno barely beating Hawaii and Boise? A one point loss to Wisconsin (who only lost by seven to OSU) is more impressive than anything Fresno or TTech has done. Same with outgaining Stanford in Palo Alto.

Using that argument you'd have to unrank Michigan and Oklahoma State, right? Fresno barely beat teams better than Michigan barely beat.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using that argument you'd have to unrank Michigan and Oklahoma State, right? Fresno barely beat teams better than Michigan barely beat.

Michigan's walking a fine line. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because they have a high ceiling (as seen by the first half of the ND game), but they've obviously got the potential to play real poorly. The more that poor play becomes a pattern, the further they will fall. We'll find out soon enough with Penn State coming up next weekend.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i-dont-care-but-when-i-no-i-dont-care.jpg

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this meme should use Dos Equis. Sierra Nevada is better beer. This shit needs to be deleted.

sierra nevada hasnt been judged by any "real" beer panels. dos equis meanwhile is never afraid to be judged at home or on the road. just last week i saw some old bums in an alley fighting over a half drunk 40oz. Who has sierra nevada ever been fought for?

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hook'em0608 is too stupid to realize this.
Merged.
You aren't allowed to call anyone stupid with that crap you posted as a poll. I don't care that you are a mod. For the record, this thread is called discussion, I wanted attacks. There isn't anything to discuss but to call people out for trying to ruin something that is supposed to be a collective set of opinions from around the country. Not posters trying to troll each other. The voting on this website has become a joke in a few short weeks and when a mod is posting what you did I know why. How can you clean up someone's trolling on a poll when yours looks like a troll. :lame:

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't allowed to call anyone stupid with that crap you posted as a poll. I don't care that you are a mod. For the record, this thread is called discussion, I wanted attacks. There isn't anything to discuss but to call people out for trying to ruin something that is supposed to be a collective set of opinions from around the country. Not posters trying to troll each other. The voting on this website has become a joke in a few short weeks and when a mod is posting what you did I know why. How can you clean up someone's trolling on a poll when yours looks like a troll. :lame:

:yawn: It only looks like a troll if you're too stupid to understand it.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agreed. But 24/7 has a cpu like method for determining the top 25 that he has apparently used for a while.

It is more of a cpu data style poll than a human eye test poll.

While I dont agree with it, he puts more time and thought into than most.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know I'm your mental superior for you hitting post on that poll. I've used resume systems for years for college basketball. It does not work for football. At least god I hope that's what you were doing.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sierra nevada hasnt been judged by any "real" beer panels. dos equis meanwhile is never afraid to be judged at home or on the road. just last week i saw some old bums in an alley fighting over a half drunk 40oz. Who has sierra nevada ever been fought for?

So we need a weekly beer poll? I like it. And back in the day I would kick your ass for fuckin with my O.E. I know where they're coming from.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we need a weekly beer poll? I like it. And back in the day I would kick your ass for fuckin with my O.E. I know where they're coming from.

if their is a weekly jimmy rustler poll I am the undisputed #1 this week. Holy Shit. That escalated quickly....