• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 5 Top 25 Discussion Thread

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't vote last week either.

And 247 does this every year. Just think of it like a small computer element or something. I mean auburn was number one in the Colley matrix at 3-0. I also vote we don't count it twice.

Don't worry about bino. He's just a crazy old troll much like Popeye that can actually almost use real words.

I will change mine to an actual poll b4 you count em up.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't vote last week either.

And 247 does this every year. Just think of it like a small computer element or something. I mean auburn was number one in the Colley matrix at 3-0. I also vote we don't count it twice.

Don't worry about bino. He's just a crazy old troll much like Popeye that can actually almost use real words.

Popeye would probably make a very good poll though, even as much as you don't care for his posting style.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boohoo. I'll submit another poll when you grow up and acknowledge wisky's loss to AZ State. Deal?

Strawman, much?

If you can find a quote of me saying that merit should be less important than official record, go ahead and post it. You won't find one. The reason I don't acknowledge the Wisconsin loss has nothing to do with it being Wisconsin, and everything to do with a team having been blatantly robbed of a win by officiating which was so inept that a conference had to issue an apology. If you want to accuse my method as wrong, go ahead, but let's not pretend I am being hypocritical here (unlike someone in this exhange).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strawman, much?

If you can find a quote of me saying that merit should be less important than official record, go ahead and post it. You won't find one. The reason I don't acknowledge the Wisconsin loss has nothing to do with it being Wisconsin, and everything to do with a team having been blatantly robbed of a win by officiating which was so inept that a conference had to issue an apology. If you want to accuse my method as wrong, go ahead, but let's not pretend I am being hypocritical here (unlike someone in this exhange).

You wouldn't refusing to acknowledge it if it were Ohio state.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't refusing to acknowledge it if it were Ohio state.

Yes, I would. I certainly don't accept Oregon's "victory" over you guys in 2006. And while I still give OSU credit for their Fiesta Bowl win, I also think Miami deserves at least some credit as a partial champion. If you really want me to, and are willing to wait until I have to look for them tonight, I could definitely dig up some threads to demonstrate the latter and maybe even the former. And those posts would have been made long before this robbery.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you didnt voote. You just copied this biased garbage.

You dropped Oregon 20 spots after a 55-13 win

I voted and I copied that for my vote because that is where Oregon deserved to be according to the standards your fellow Oregon fans troll the SEC with all the time.

I thought he applied a logical approach to what I see people complaining about constantly in terms of "SEC Bias", so I copied it. He evaluated quality wins and such, and it's not my fault Oregon has yet to play anyone real yet and that your fellow fans can't seem to keep their mouths shut as if they had.

No doubt I would normally apply my general philosophy of how I thought Oregon would do over the course of the year and that I would expect Oregon to beat a good bit of quality teams. But if that is so bad when the SEC does it, why should it be done with a Pac12 team?

It was nothing personal to you, you weren't even here. So don't take it personal.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Clemson
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Texas A&M
7. LSU
8. Oklahoma
9. Louisville
10. FSU
11. Miami
12. South Carolina
13. Baylor
14. Washington
15. Michigan
16. Maryland
17. UCLA
18. Arizona State
19. Texas tech
20. Nothwestern
21. Florida
22. NIU
23. Fresno State
24. UCF
25. Missouri

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Clemson
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Texas A&M
7. LSU
8. Oklahoma
9. Louisville
10. FSU
11. Miami
12. South Carolina
13. Baylor
14. Washington
15. Michigan
16. Maryland
17. UCLA
18. Arizona State
19. Texas tech
20. Nothwestern
21. Florida
22. NIU
23. Fresno State
24. UCF
25. Missouri

do you want this moved to the voting thread? Or have you got it CK?

edit: nevermind. I see it over there now.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you didnt voote. You just copied this biased garbage.

I think it's clear that you are the biased one here. I have nothing against Oregon (though many of their fans seem to be becoming like the bad Boise fans when they started winning). Once Oregon is qualified for a higher rank they will receive it just like anyone else in my poll, even those fucking Clemfucks.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's clear that you are the biased one here. I have nothing against Oregon (though many of their fans seem to be becoming like the bad Boise fans when they started winning). Once Oregon is qualified for a higher rank they will receive it just like anyone else in my poll, even those fucking Clemfucks.

Im a little biased in weeks 3 and 4 putting Oregon 1 and Bama 2. But if I were being honest I wouldnt have Bama lower than 2. Having Bama 23 is purely retaliatory on my part.

So if Oregon loses to Washington in 2 weeks I expect them to rocket from 22 to top 10?

K, Roger that. I think your system is much like cpu rankings. But these are human polls. Is the eye ball test completely off the radar?

Anyways, my main problem is someone who is usually quite honest in his voting who also runs a cpu ratings system had the Ducks #2, then copied yours and dropped them 20 spots after a 40 point win.:noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a little biased in weeks 3 and 4 putting Oregon 1 and Bama 2. But if I were being honest I wouldnt have Bama lower than 2. Having Bama 23 is purely retaliatory on my part.

So if Oregon loses to Washington in 2 weeks I expect them to rocket from 22 to top 10?

K, Roger that. I think your system is much like cpu rankings. But these are human polls. Is the eye ball test completely off the radar?

Anyways, my main problem is someone who is usually quite honest in his voting who also runs a cpu ratings system had the Ducks #2, then copied yours and dropped them 20 spots after a 40 point win.:noidea:

Like I said, I got sick of the trolling from Oregon fans this past weekend. Acting like Alabama hadn't played anyone and that Ole Miss wasn't a "quality opponent". Well if that is the game they wanted to play, I played it. 24Seven just made it easy and is in no manner to blame for my vote. Oregon was going to be way down there no matter what for the same reasons he had them so low.

It gets pretty old when you open every SEC game thread for the day and there is some Oregon fan talking shit.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I got sick of the trolling from Oregon fans this past weekend. Acting like Alabama hadn't played anyone and that Ole Miss wasn't a "quality opponent". Well if that is the game they wanted to play, I played it. 24Seven just made it easy and is in no manner to blame for my vote. Oregon was going to be way down there no matter what for the same reasons he had them so low.

It gets pretty old when you open every SEC game thread for the day and there is some Oregon fan talking shit.

I wasnt even on the Ole Miss thread. I am usually at the games so I rarely even visit game threads.

But I will say this. When you have won 3 of 4 the fans are going to come at ya. Yall have a target on your back.

They will find any flaw and run with it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt even on the Ole Miss thread. I am usually at the games so I rarely even visit game threads.

But I will say this. When you have won 3 of 4 the fans are going to come at ya. Yall have a target on your back.

They will find any flaw and run with it.

And all the rankings copied did was apply the same standards they trolled with. Difference being, it wasn't true of Alabama, but it was true of Oregon.

I come to game threads to enjoy the game and have discussion about it. I have no interest or patience with people who want to come in and start shit, nor do I remotely care what their excuse or reason for it is. It's a dickhead thing to do.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Clemson
4. Georgia
5. Ohio State
6. Texas A&M
7. LSU
8. Oklahoma
9. Louisville
10. FSU
11. Miami
12. South Carolina
13. Baylor
14. Washington
15. Michigan
16. Maryland
17. UCLA
18. Arizona State
19. Texas tech
20. Nothwestern
21. Florida
22. NIU
23. Fresno State
24. UCF
25. Missouri

you forgot Stanford :doh:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportshoopla week 5 poll attacks...

This poll is a mess with people trying to manipulate it or using some dumb formula to early in the year. If you voted stupid you get called out here. I will start it.

BoiseStateFan27
NDSU-Get the fuck out of here. So they would beat Florida who you didn't rank?

Tabascojet
Miami at 24 behind Florida? GTFO!

Smart
Wisconsin at 20? Sorry, 2 loss teams this early in the season have to earn their way back in. Especially when you rank them ahead of undefeated teams regardless of their schedule.

uncfan103
Fresno St at 13? So they would beat teams like Oklahoma and LSU? GTFO!

yeodonie
OSU at 24? Stupid...

24seven

Oregon at 24. Stupid...

Fresno St at 10. Stupid...

Arizona St at 11. Stupid...

Yea, your whole poll sucks so I'm stopping there.

Done for now.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just to the beginning of page 2...