• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Holland, Rangers travel to Cincinnati for short series 8/23-8/24

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler got what was coming to him for that shit. Good for Danny for standing up for himself and standing up to that fat tub of shit.
Yeah, what the hell kind of guy, much less teammate, rats out another another guy to an equipment company for not always wearing their spikes? Seriously, what a piece of shit. I'm glad Valencia decked him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what the hell kind of guy, much less teammate, rats out another another guy to an equipment company for not always wearing their spikes? Seriously, what a piece of shit. I'm glad Valencia decked him.
Valencia could be a real asshole for all we know, but messing with a guy's money like that is beyond okay. Either Butler is a real asshat or there was something Valencia did to instigate this. Ultimately who gives a shit, because it's hilarious that Butler ran his mouth and got concussed.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valencia could be a real asshole for all we know, but messing with a guy's money like that is beyond okay. Either Butler is a real asshat or there was something Valencia did to instigate this. Ultimately who gives a shit, because it's hilarious that Butler ran his mouth and got concussed.
Actually it's funny you mention the asshole angle, because I was just coming back here to say that I read some more context behind the incident, as given by some reporting and fan comments in the Bay Area.

Apparently, Valencia is one of the biggest douchebag diva pricks who is hated league-wide. I had no idea that he was an asshole, but the reporters claim he is hated by just about everyone in that clubhouse. And people from Kansas City and Minnesota also chimed in and said that he was just the worst teammate and asshole when he was with those teams too.

So Butler saw an opportunity to rat out the office jerk and possibly cost him some money and he took it. Still a total dick move if you ask me. You don't mess with someone's money, like you said.

Both guys are apparently assholes, I guess.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the possibility mentioned in the article of trading Moreland to a division rival. It seems outlandish, but suppose the Gomez signing was made to free up Profar and Rua to play 1B so they could trade Mitch. I doubt he will be traded, but it is an intriguing idea.
Don't think Moreland goes this season. He's a decent defender and his bat starting coming back.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good we know he can hit AAA pitching. Good sign.

Everyone on the RR team apparently hit the opposing pitchers tonight. Not putting too much in that basket

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am the only one not considering the money a factor in this. The only thing I am concerned with is putting the best 9 guys on the field. Maybe we will find the magic ingredient that allows us to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Given how long he has struggled it will take some magic I think. At least he is hitting in AAA.
I agree but I think some of the problem is Banister. He will have a guy who is on a roll and then sit him half the time. He did it to Rua, Profar and Moreland. And Lucroy should be able to catch 4 out of every 5 games. Not putting all the blame on him but Banister makes it a little tougher. And I will be glad when Colby is back as that will be a big help.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am the only one not considering the money a factor in this. The only thing I am concerned with is putting the best 9 guys on the field. Maybe we will find the magic ingredient that allows us to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Given how long he has struggled it will take some magic I think. At least he is hitting in AAA.

Again, our LF situation is already pretty dismal without him. Particularly against LHP.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard the Hamilton deal compared to this before and I don't get it. Josh hit .263 the year before. Gomez hit .210 this year.

You changed subjects. We were talking about cost of contract, not player production.

Strictly on that, the comparison makes perfect sense.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You changed subjects. We were talking about cost of contract, not player production.

Strictly on that, the comparison makes perfect sense.
Haha. If you ignore player production then they could sign you or me and that would compare to the Hamilton deal as well. To me you cannot separate the expected production from the deal or the comparison. Others view it differently though.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. If you ignore player production then they could sign you or me and that would compare to the Hamilton deal as well. To me you cannot separate the expected production from the deal or the comparison. Others view it differently though.

Fine....but if you want to look at it this way, then what was Hamilton hitting with the Angels when they gave him away? That is the point after all isn't it?

Don't think the team is super interesting in signing either one of us.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I'm starting to get a little nervous about the standings.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I'm starting to get a little nervous about the standings.
The head to head match ups will be the big games and right now I like that we will have Darvish and Hamels in 2 of those 3 games.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels like arguing over the 53rd roster spot for the Cowboys.

You're kidding. This guy will be our starting LF in pretty short order and you're comparing it to the last roster spot on the Cowboys.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding. This guy will be our starting LF in pretty short order and you're comparing it to the last roster spot on the Cowboys.
We have no idea how long this idea is going to last. Shit we we had mike Napoli starting games in LF last year. I wanna see him play a few games now.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond cf, Beltran rf, Beltre 3b, Odor 2b, Lucroy c, Moreland 1b, Mazara LF, Andrus SS and Holland p.