• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Historic Offense

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have 1377 yards the last 3 games, and have a good chance of duplicating that in the next 3 games (14, 29, 18 ranked defenses). But that is just one impressive thing about what the offense has been doing.

Including playoffs, the Seahawks have had 17 straight games where the offense has gained at least 300 yards. It may not seem like a high bar, but this is the longest streak in team history, by far. They had a 12 game streak in 2012-13, and a 10 game streak in 2005 (it's somewhere around 7 after that). So, despite how badly they've played at times this season, they've been pretty consistent, overall.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistently winning sets a high bar for expectations.

If this team can settle into a 27 point a game offense, we are going to be very difficult to beat.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistently winning sets a high bar for expectations.

If this team can settle into a 27 point a game offense, we are going to be very difficult to beat.

They're currently at 25.4 for the season, and 34.5 over the last 4. So they're heading in that direction

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're currently at 25.4 for the season, and 34.5 over the last 4. So they're heading in that direction

Yeah. I don't see us maintaining a 34.5/g pace as that would be a truly elite offensive production but high 20s is doable, IMO.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stat I've really liked is the one where Wilson has had the lead in every-game he's played. I just wish I could find out if its crazy good or if the record's like 300 games away or something. They have brought it up a couple times during the games but the announcers have never given the stat meaning. But I love how this only helps reinforce the idea that this team is never out no matter the score and they have a change to win every week. (something M's Management should look into:mad2:)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stat I've really liked is the one where Wilson has had the lead in every-game he's played. I just wish I could find out if its crazy good or if the record's like 300 games away or something. They have brought it up a couple times during the games but the announcers have never given the stat meaning. But I love how this only helps reinforce the idea that this team is never out no matter the score and they have a change to win every week. (something M's Management should look into:mad2:)

I believe they broke that record late last season. But I could be mistaken, I'll look it up in the morning, but for now I'm off to bed.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I don't see us maintaining a 34.5/g pace as that would be a truly elite offensive production but high 20s is doable, IMO.

The way the offense is clicking right now coupled with the fact that we're about to play the Ravens, Browns, and Rams, I wouldn't be shocked to see us go on a 3 game streak averaging 35

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the offense is clicking right now coupled with the fact that we're about to play the Ravens, Browns, and Rams, I wouldn't be shocked to see us go on a 3 game streak averaging 35

Well I don't want to make assumptions. I sure hope so though. The next 3 games should be comfortable wins. Even the always annoying Rams SHOULD be a comfortable win.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there a hoard of Hawks fans that wanted to burn Bevell at the stake last season?

What a difference a few months can make...............no?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there a hoard of Hawks fans that wanted to burn Bevell at the stake last season?

That same group probably still wants to. They are just laying low.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are 7th in total offense right now. Only 2 teams have more yards per play.

Going to be a tough road as a WC, but this could be a great run.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, there were a bunch last year and there were still some die hard haters that complained to the high heavens for the first half of this season.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there were a bunch last year and there were still some die hard haters that complained to the high heavens for the first half of this season.

Meh. Yes he has fixed our offense but his play calling still needs a lil work.

So I guess you can call me a DHH

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Yes he has fixed our offense but his play calling still needs a lil work.

So I guess you can call me a DHH
Judge, I never considered you a dhh. I don't think Bevell fixed the Offense. He did his part to help but IMO the play of the OL was the biggest contributor to making the O work and that credit goes to TC and the players as well.
I agree that Bevell needs more adjustment on his play calling, but what do I know? Nothing. We fans have no idea what goes on in these sort of things. We are not on the inside.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i was a Bevell hater in 2012 maybe 2013 early but then i started watching the All 22 coaches film. That right there smacked me in the face and made me see things differently. I realized how ignorant. Once i Started watching the All 22 Coaches film i noticed that we were just missing big plays. Wilson was missing them or the Oline would blow up where had they held 1 second longer we would have had a long TD. Things like that. Being able to see the whole field and replay it over and over, to be able to break it down you really start seeing the genius in some of his calls.

I am not saying he is a great OC but he is so much better than i use to believe he was. Sure he still is predictable often but you know what? Running teams are more predictable as a whole, This team wants to limit Turn overs so they don't take many risks and because they don't take those risks it seems even more predictable.

I have a new found respect for Bevell thanks to the Coaches film ( all 22 ). When you watch the whole play working you see how his calls really messes up Defenses.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i was a Bevell hater in 2012 maybe 2013 early but then i started watching the All 22 coaches film. That right there smacked me in the face and made me see things differently. I realized how ignorant. Once i Started watching the All 22 Coaches film i noticed that we were just missing big plays. Wilson was missing them or the Oline would blow up where had they held 1 second longer we would have had a long TD. Things like that. Being able to see the whole field and replay it over and over, to be able to break it down you really start seeing the genius in some of his calls.

I am not saying he is a great OC but he is so much better than i use to believe he was. Sure he still is predictable often but you know what? Running teams are more predictable as a whole, This team wants to limit Turn overs so they don't take many risks and because they don't take those risks it seems even more predictable.

I have a new found respect for Bevell thanks to the Coaches film ( all 22 ). When you watch the whole play working you see how his calls really messes up Defenses.

I watch that and you have to look at who was open, where he was looking, what formation they ran out of, ... The pass protection has been A LOT better but we're running a lot more 3/5/7 step drops on timing routes and lining Wilson behind center a lot more than we used to. Last year before Harvin imploded the offense was complete garbage because "well, we have to get him involved!" After he was injured things improved because they had to throw caution to the wind. This year it's Graham and Lynch who are both gone and the offense looks WAY better with both of them out. We're having Wilson line up behind center more, we're running more seam routes instead of the stupid scramble drill that they called A LOT, and there's more power formations.

The thing I didn't understand with the stupid read/option crap that they run is that when you have a shitty offensive line, the defenders are going to know where the point of attack is. Why even try that when you know the line is garbage? At least force them to make a decision as far as going after the RB who's going full steam towards the A gap vs. the QB who's taking a drop. That's an adjustment they should have made a while ago and we haven't seen it until the 2nd half.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Had Graham still been in the line-up right now the offense would still be clicking. They were starting to click before he was hurt. Losing Graham and Lynch DID NOT make this team better, thats just foolish thought and someone trying to find the easiest answer to why things are working. Russ getting the ball out a good half second faster has improved the offense. The Offensive line playing like one has improved the offense and going to Baldwin more has improved the offense. Baldwin wins more often than not on his routes and now Wilson is seeing him better with better protection.

I think this group ( the offense ) was just pressing to much before. They have settled down and are executing is all it comes down to. Losing Graham and Lynch did not make this offense better lol. The team is once again playing for each other, thats what they needed. To stop pressing and to just go out there and play for one another and have fun. They are having fun! This was the first Full Game Graham had missed and they have been playing well for longer than that.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to a couple of hours of Brock and Salkpodcasts over the past few days, and the point they made repeatedly was that Lynch being out made the offense 100% Wilson's, and that it forced the coaching staff to take the wraps off him more.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to a couple of hours of Brock and Salkpodcasts over the past few days, and the point they made repeatedly was that Lynch being out made the offense 100% Wilson's, and that it forced the coaching staff to take the wraps off him more.

Mike Florio was on KJR yesterday afternoon and brought up similar ideas. His angle though was more on the behind the scenes, gossipy stuff, and I don't necessarily discount it. We've heard rumors about guys like Harvin and Lynch not getting along much with Wilson and his "company line" mentality, and Florio mentioned that maybe not having Lynch around lately has let Russell kind of relax and open up more without having to deal with another piece of the offense undermining his leadership.

I love Marshawn Lynch and his whole punishing, Beast Mode persona, but he and Russell Wilson are never going to be guys who go out as friends with that mutual respect. I don't think Florio is that far off thinking that a guy like Rawls, an undrafted rookie, has to let Wilson lead the offense, while Lynch can be more authoritative, and potentially abrasive against Wilson's leadership.

Let's hope Rawls keeps growing and becomes a keeper at RB because I don't think Marshawn Lynch is a Seahawk next season. Hopefully the end is clean and happy, after another victory parade.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll admit I was one of those cause the inconsistant playing calling from week to week was mind boggling at times. What I've seen now has been tremendous play calling letting RW work his magic and the o-line has become more then just average, kudos to Bevell/Cable for getting that mess turned around. This offense has now shown it can score at will.