• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Pete Carroll

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling them overrated because I think they are. Don't like it? Debate it or STFU. Talking SF is changing the subject because nobody is talking them up. Whining about other teams and refs....as a Seahawk fan...makes you look like a fucking idiot.

Every path you've chosen....you look stupid. Put that on yourself, and nobody else.

If they're overrated it's in your own head because nobody rates them very highly. They certainly are better than the 49ers and have a brighter future despite what happened today.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners are one of the worst teams in the NFL ,debate it or STFU .... see how that works ? Get off your high horse...

SF IS one of the worst teams. See that? See how I admitted something which is obvious? As obvious as Seattle and benefitting from numerous massive ref calls throughout recent history?

Painfully stupid.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF IS one of the worst teams. See that? See how I admitted something which is obvious? As obvious as Seattle and benefitting from numerous massive ref calls throughout recent history?

Painfully stupid.

I think your comment are over-rated ... lol kidding ... Cool you admit it, but I'm not seeing what you see, I think Seattle is a young team that's not over-rated, there we can end our spat ....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has had multiple games gifted to them in recent years on very controversial calls. From the Bobby Wags batting the ball thru the EZ to the Fail Mary... The list goes on and on. Yet very few 12s will ever admit to them. I watch a lot of games and IMO the Hawks get as many if not more game changing calls.

We've got a couple breaks in some high profile games, so I suppose a non-Seahawk fan that doesn't watch them all the time might get the impression we get more breaks than other teams. But the fact is the Seahawks are the 3rd highest penalized team this year. And in previous years we've been (2017) 1st, (2016) 7th, (2015) 9th, (2014) 1st, (2013) 1st, and (2012) 6th. That covers the Russell Wilson era. So season by season we have historically been penalized far more than any other team. You guys remember the high profile games because they get all the hype, but in regular games (like today) this is what Hawk fans are used too. So to suggest that somehow Seattle fans have lost the right to bitch about the flag fest we see each game just because non-Seahawk fans can point to 3 or 4 examples of us catching a break in big games is a bit off base.

2012 NFL Team Penalty Statistics | The Football Database

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got a couple breaks in some high profile games, so I suppose a non-Seahawk fan that doesn't watch them all the time might get the impression we get more breaks than other teams. But the fact is the Seahawks are the 3rd highest penalized team this year. And in previous years we've been (2017) 1st, (2016) 7th, (2015) 9th, (2014) 1st, (2013) 1st, and (2012) 6th. That covers the Russell Wilson era. So season by season we have historically been penalized far more than any other team. You guys remember the high profile games because they get all the hype, but in regular games (like today) this is what Hawk fans are used too. So to suggest that somehow Seattle fans have lost the right to bitch about the flag fest we see each game just because non-Seahawk fans can point to 3 or 4 examples of us catching a break in big games is a bit off base.

2012 NFL Team Penalty Statistics | The Football Database
I disagree. First I watch EVERY Seattle game and have for years. If you're talking about someone else I can't debate that.
Leading in penalties is well deserved and well earned. Pete teaches/taught players to hold/interfere with a teams offense. Make the refs make the calls. Plus you had Bennett. Enough said he could lead the league himself. Seattle has been undisciplined for years. They've earned that badge now they have to wear it.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs were bad?

gykdycda8jw11.png

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. First I watch EVERY Seattle game and have for years. If you're talking about someone else I can't debate that.
Leading in penalties is well deserved and well earned. Pete teaches/taught players to hold/interfere with a teams offense. Make the refs make the calls. Plus you had Bennett. Enough said he could lead the league himself. Seattle has been undisciplined for years. They've earned that badge now they have to wear it.

My point is simply that people can't really claim the refs are doing the Hawks favors when year after year they throw more flags against them than anybody else. Whether those flags are deserved or not is irrelevant. The fact is the Hawks get more penalties (over the past 7 seasons) than any other team, and therefore it doesn't make sense to say the Seahawk's get more breaks from officials than other teams.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is simply that people can't really claim the refs are doing the Hawks favors when year after year they throw more flags against them than anybody else. Whether those flags are deserved or not is irrelevant. The fact is the Hawks get more penalties (over the past 7 seasons) than any other team, and therefore it doesn't make sense to say the Seahawk's get more breaks from officials than other teams.
You're helping prove my point.
A flag that is deserved isn't relevant? Did you just say that?
Sorry I think you're on an island with that comment. The majority of fans want a well officiated game.
Pete has coached that behavior. The flags are deserved. Part of his strategy is the refs will only flag you so much. The Hawks get away with plenty. Don't fool yourself.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're helping prove my point.
A flag that is deserved isn't relevant? Did you just say that?
Sorry I think you're on an island with that comment. The majority of fans want a well officiated game.
Pete has coached that behavior. The flags are deserved. Part of his strategy is the refs will only flag you so much. The Hawks get away with plenty. Don't fool yourself.

I'm not fooling myself. I'm just showing you that in the Wilson era the refs have thrown more flags against Seattle than any other team. That is just a statistical fact. Some fans on here are suggesting the Seahawks always seem to benefit from the officials. But outside of a handful of high profile incidents, like the fail mary play, it hasn't been the case that Seattle gets favored by officials. On the contrary, if you were to go by the stats you can expect the Hawks to get more calls against them in just about every game. How anyone could argue that the Hawks are getting some kind of special treatment from refs when they are called for more penalties than any other team just doesn't make sense to me.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? People were talking 6-10 after the defense was basically gutted. It's a rebuild year and the cap looks good for 2019. How the 49ers fairing?

My point is that if it's OT then you let your franchise QB fucking decide it, not give him one legit shot downfield to move the fucking ball. Fucking stupid.

Not great but I suspect Seattle would be doing pretty poorly if Wilson had an ACL injury three weeks in, lost their top RB before the season started and had both of their top two WR's miss time this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not fooling myself. I'm just showing you that in the Wilson era the refs have thrown more flags against Seattle than any other team. That is just a statistical fact. Some fans on here are suggesting the Seahawks always seem to benefit from the officials. But outside of a handful of high profile incidents, like the fail mary play, it hasn't been the case that Seattle gets favored by officials. On the contrary, if you were to go by the stats you can expect the Hawks to get more calls against them in just about every game. How anyone could argue that the Hawks are getting some kind of special treatment from refs when they are called for more penalties than any other team just doesn't make sense to me.
I don't think you'll find anyone arguing that Seattle is statistically the most penalized team. It's earned and not controversial.
Conversely those game deciding controversial calls have favored the Hawks more then gone against them over the same period. You're trying to mix apples and oranges in order to make your point.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're overrated it's in your own head because nobody rates them very highly. They certainly are better than the 49ers and have a brighter future despite what happened today.

I'm not sure Seattle has any brighter future than 49ers, I'd like to see a full season with Garoppolo, and McKinnon. Before I say the Seattle have a brighter future.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you'll find anyone arguing that Seattle is statistically the most penalized team. It's earned and not controversial.
Conversely those game deciding controversial calls have favored the Hawks more then gone against them over the same period. You're trying to mix apples and oranges in order to make your point

OK, maybe, but what are all these major calls over the years we've got? The fail mary we all know about. The KJ Wright tapping the ball out of the endzone play is another. Then what? It starts to get a bit murky after that. I bet you'd have a hard time finding 5 solid examples of the refs making major game changing decisions in the Hawks favor. And what team doesn't have a few of those types of things go their way? How about the "tuck rule" game for instance? It happens to all teams, but I still think it's hard to say Seattle gets special treatment when they are statistically the most penalized team in the NFL over the past 7 seasons

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans complaining about getting bad calls on the road ??? Lol.

That's some good shit

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Seattle has any brighter future than 49ers, I'd like to see a full season with Garoppolo, and McKinnon. Before I say the Seattle have a brighter future.

Before the season I'd have agreed with you, but this year has given me hope that our young defense, which had to replace a historic defense, isn't going to be so bad after all. They've managed to hold their own better than I hoped they would. Our QB is great and we have a very solid RB corp and two or three solid WR's. So I think the Hawks future doesn't look so bad.

I also believe once your guys are healed up you'll have a pretty good team there too. The needle is pointing up for both teams I think.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans complaining about getting bad calls on the road ??? Lol.

That's some good shit

I think for some of us Hawk fans it wasn't the bad calls so much as the quantity of them and when they happened. I think today's game set an NFL record for most penalty yards by one team. So ya, it was a bit out of the ordinary today.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season I'd have agreed with you, but this year has given me hope that our young defense, which had to replace a historic defense, isn't going to be so bad after all. They've managed to hold their own better than I hoped they would. Our QB is great and we have a very solid RB corp and two or three solid WR's. So I think the Hawks future doesn't look so bad.

I also believe once your guys are healed up you'll have a pretty good team there too. The needle is pointing up for both teams I think.

Seattle have been better than I thought they would be. 49ers need to get an edge rusher because Buckner can get it done on the inside.