• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Pete Carroll

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is even more stupid. Point is many teams have racked up far more penalties and penalty yards recently and after a good beat down by a division rival they didn't go crying and blaming the refs like Seattle did.

I think that is the first game of the season where Hawk fans were talking about the refs in a loss. And why not? They did set a 39 year old team record for penalties so it's definitely worth discussing. And your comment that "many team have racked up far more penalties and penalty yards recently..." is just not true. Seattle is the 3rd highest penalized team this season. Only the Chiefs and Bills have more. And in the Russell Wilson era over that past 7 seasons the Seahawks are the MOST penalized team in the league. And maybe we deserved every single one of those penalties. Who knows? But the point is that if your team is always near the top, or is at the top, of the league in penalties year after year then you do earn the right to gripe about it a bit. No different than a team that always has the most passing or rushing yards earns the right to brag about that. Seahawk fans have a legit reason to talk about penalties considering we lead the NFL in them a lot over the past 7 seasons. See post #45 for the stats on this fact.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is the first game of the season where Hawk fans were talking about the refs in a loss. And why not? They did set a 39 year old team record for penalties so it's definitely worth discussing. And your comment that "many team have racked up far more penalties and penalty yards recently..." is just not true. Seattle is the 3rd highest penalized team this season. Only the Chiefs and Bills have more. And in the Russell Wilson era over that past 7 seasons the Seahawks are the MOST penalized team in the league. And maybe we deserved every single one of those penalties. Who knows? But the point is that if your team is always near the top, or is at the top, of the league in penalties year after year then you do earn the right to gripe about it a bit. No different than a team that always has the most passing or rushing yards earns the right to brag about that. Seahawk fans have a legit reason to talk about penalties considering we lead the NFL in them a lot over the past 7 seasons. See post #45 for the stats on this fact.

More fans may listen to you if your complaints were directed at your HC. It's been his philosophy that has garnished Seattle this reputation. You combine PCs philosophy with his lack of discipline and it's a perfect recipe for leading the league in penalties.

What most all of us are saying is don't blame the officials for calling legit penalties. A large large number of their penalties are not subjective. They are clear as day and should be flagged.

Yes every team has controversial calls go against/for them, and that's an unfortunate part of the game we have today.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If your team is highest in the league in penalties year after year the problem is them and their coaching not the rest of the league or the refs.

And by the way...

Seattle was 7th in penalties this year...
Seattle was 1st in penalties last year
Seattle was 7th in penalties in 2016
Seattle was 12th in penalties in 2015

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Penalties per Game on TeamRankings.com

So cry a river.... Your poorly coached team gets a lot of penalties, and 7 teams have had more than they have over the past 4 years.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team is highest in the league in penalties year after year the problem is them and their coaching not the rest of the league or the refs.

And by the way...

Seattle was 7th in penalties this year...
Seattle was 1st in penalties last year
Seattle was 7th in penalties in 2016
Seattle was 12th in penalties in 2015

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Penalties per Game on TeamRankings.com

So cry a river.... Your poorly coached team gets a lot of penalties, and 7 teams have had more than they have over the past 4 years.

6 playoff appearances in 7 years. Not sure calling them poorly coached is accurate. I’m an objective fan as I have no real team because there isn’t one in my city and I can tell you in 99% of threads everyone’s homerism comes out. Seattle fans are not nearly as homer as some other teams (Patriots Fans being easily the worst) as seems to be a theme in this thread.

And objectivity about a certain game should stay within that game. Bringing up every call for the last 10 years is stupid.

Also Seattle is 9-6 and in the playoffs. That makes them retrospectively underrated as they were projected by the talking heads and by every fan of every other team and over half of Seahawks fans to be a 4 to 5 win team and miss the playoffs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 playoff appearances in 7 years. Not sure calling them poorly coached is accurate. I’m an objective fan as I have no real team because there isn’t one in my city and I can tell you in 99% of threads everyone’s homerism comes out. Seattle fans are not nearly as homer as some other teams (Patriots Fans being easily the worst) as seems to be a theme in this thread.

And objectivity about a certain game should stay within that game. Bringing up every call for the last 10 years is stupid.

Also Seattle is 9-6 and in the playoffs. That makes them retrospectively underrated as they were projected by the talking heads and by every fan of every other team and over half of Seahawks fans to be a 4 to 5 win team and miss the playoffs.
I think it was the exception that 4 to 5 wins was the projected total for Seattle, but the vast majority definitely expected no playoffs and no better than 7 or 8 wins. There was all sorts of discussion in here pre-season about how the window had closed, the defense was going to be garbage, the OL was still terrible, etc. "We" are wrong about some teams every year, both to the good and the bad. Most people were way wrong on the Hawks, thankfully!

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was the exception that 4 to 5 wins was the projected total for Seattle, but the vast majority definitely expected no playoffs and no better than 7 or 8 wins. There was all sorts of discussion in here pre-season about how the window had closed, the defense was going to be garbage, the OL was still terrible, etc. "We" are wrong about some teams every year, both to the good and the bad. Most people were way wrong on the Hawks, thankfully!

Personally I couldn’t call it nor did I have any reason to call it one way or the other. The Patriots should be looked at as an example of how not to blow your shit up and stay the course of that course is successful and I believe Seattle, Green Bay Pittsburgh and New Orleans (I’ll throw SD in there also) are teams that have mirrored that by staying with their franchise quarterback, coach and system come hell or high water because they know they will compete for a playoff and a chance at a Super Bowl.

With Seattle the system is the same. Cover 2 single high safety either in man or zone and same with cover 3. That’s 99% of what they do and they draft athletes vs drafting big names. Seattle is the epitome of a system team.

Run the ball, control the clock, limit turnovers, force turnovers with aggressive maneuvers and limit the home run ball.

They also have a pretty good little quarterback that’s generationally good at play action and being mobile.

I’m not shocked they are playing well because of the track record of Pete Carrols system which goes back to USC when for whenever reason something just “clicked” for him.

For me I think the Bears are the team to reckon with in the NFC and kind of remind me of the 2013 Seahawks with defense, running and a young mobile quarterback.

The Rams, Chiefs, Bears and Browns have everything in front of them to be the teams of the next decade to establish their franchises with great pieces they can build around.