• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Pete Carroll

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but you see what I mean now. It is hard to come up with a whole bunch of examples of that kind of stuff. It just seems like there is more because when they do happen it seems like its usually in a big game or primetime. But I bet that Seattle doesn't have too many more of those types of lucky (or whatever people want to call them) type of plays than most teams. And we definitely don't have the refs on our side or we wouldn't have so many penalties called against us all the time. All I'm saying is the myth of Seattle getting all these calls might be a tad overblown and because people already believe the myth any time another call goes their way it adds to the perception that its true.
Maybe? Actually my memory sucks I bet others could chime in as well with other controversial calls.
We're not talking about ticky tack DPI, holds or pre snap penalties. We're talking major bone heads calls that were not enforced properly. I listed 4-5 from recent history. That's more than enough. I'll agree many were in prime time or big games that doesn't change anything.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1: The Seahawks didn't deserve to win this game after their performance.
#2: The refs sucked and made some real crap calls against the Seahawks in critical situations. That is why you don't put yourself in that type of situation via poor play. They should never have let the game get to the point where the refs were in position to make such calls.
#3: The field conditions were horrible. The weather didn't help but you can't control that. NFL teams should be held responsible for such crappy field conditions. They are just lucky no one was seriously hurt like what happened in D.C. This is the NFL, not bush league crap.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling them overrated because I think they are. Don't like it? Debate it or STFU. Talking SF is changing the subject because nobody is talking them up. Whining about other teams and refs....as a Seahawk fan...makes you look like a fucking idiot.

Every path you've chosen....you look stupid. Put that on yourself, and nobody else.
They are what their record says that the are. There are no rating systems in the NFL.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone try to block a field goal while pushing off his own players tonight I wasnt able to see much of this game?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admitted it was a bad call, never said it wasn't ... refs suck I stand by that.. BUT what do you mean gifted us a victory, even had Minny hit that field goal we still had the lead man, it wasn't a deciding factor, we had DECIDING factor call after call today.. I can't express that enough...

How do you know MN would have kicked a field goal? They would have had first down inside the 20 yard line losing by 6 points. They could have gotten a TD which would have changed the whole game. There is no guarantee you get a pick 6 after that play because all the plays would have been different taking away more points you had.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE also had 14 penalties called on them to Pit 4. The majority were self inflicted and need to be fixed if NE wants to get passed a one game playoff appearance.
Sea had 14 to SFs 8.
The difference is NE fans aren't blaming the officials.

We lost the game on a PI call, that 100 percent wasn't a PI, it wasn't even debatable... Look refs can affect the outcome of a game, that's just reality ... You can say were being poor sports, but even if we won this game, I"m still on here complaining, TERRIBLE officiating...

"The penalty that they called on me, it was a terrible call," Shaquill said. "… I kinda knew they was going to try to call a penalty on someone the way they were calling penalties on offense, and I made sure as soon as I seen the pass in the air that I wasn’t going to touch him or grab him. I was just going to stick my hand out, knock it down and roll over. That’s exactly what I did. When I stood up and looked at the [official], he looked at me and threw it. So it’s something I can’t take back, and it sucks the way it ended, but it was a terrible call."

What's worse than getting a penalty in that situation is the official not even having the decency to explain what the call was all about. With a call that big, the official should be able to tell you exactly what he saw that made him throw the flag. Instead, Griffin was left without an explanation despite asking several times. If you're going to make the call, you've got to be able to back it up with an explanation.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know MN would have kicked a field goal? They would have had first down inside the 20 yard line losing by 6 points. They could have gotten a TD which would have changed the whole game. There is no guarantee you get a pick 6 after that play because all the plays would have been different taking away more points you had.

REFS SUCK!!!! It doesn't matter who wins or loses or who got the call or who didn't, they're not doing a good job in some of these game and it's deciding the outcome.... We need to expand challenges, let teams challenge more play's .... PI's , calls like that one, whatever makes the game MORE fair ...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost the game on a PI call, that 100 percent wasn't a PI, it wasn't even debatable... Look refs can affect the outcome of a game, that's just reality ... You can say were being poor sports, but even if we won this game, I"m still on here complaining, TERRIBLE officiating...

"The penalty that they called on me, it was a terrible call," Shaquill said. "… I kinda knew they was going to try to call a penalty on someone the way they were calling penalties on offense, and I made sure as soon as I seen the pass in the air that I wasn’t going to touch him or grab him. I was just going to stick my hand out, knock it down and roll over. That’s exactly what I did. When I stood up and looked at the [official], he looked at me and threw it. So it’s something I can’t take back, and it sucks the way it ended, but it was a terrible call."

What's worse than getting a penalty in that situation is the official not even having the decency to explain what the call was all about. With a call that big, the official should be able to tell you exactly what he saw that made him throw the flag. Instead, Griffin was left without an explanation despite asking several times. If you're going to make the call, you've got to be able to back it up with an explanation.
I'm not debating if that was a good call or not. We all know there are questionable calls or non calls (holds, DPI, OPI)... in almost every game. Most educated fans don't whine about them.
It's the blatant missed calls like the fail Mary's, batting the ball out of the EZ, the FG that wasn't or Wags illegal FG block. I'm discussing things like missed formation violations, missed blatant offsides or delay of games not those subjective controversial calls.

I've said it enough. We all want a well officiated game it's just not in the cards. It sucks when the call goes against your team especially a subjective call.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not debating if that was a good call or not. We all know there are questionable calls or non calls (holds, DPI, OPI)... in almost every game. Most educated fans don't whine about them.
It's the blatant missed calls like the fail Mary's, batting the ball out of the EZ, the FG that wasn't or Wags illegal FG block. I'm discussing things like missed formation violations, missed blatant offsides or delay of games not those subjective controversial calls.

I've said it enough. We all want a well officiated game it's just not in the cards. It sucks when the call goes against your team especially a subjective call.

True... Just to point out... Today the Seahawks gave up the most penalty yards in team history... Frustrating for sure...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1: The Seahawks didn't deserve to win this game after their performance.
#2: The refs sucked and made some real crap calls against the Seahawks in critical situations. That is why you don't put yourself in that type of situation via poor play. They should never have let the game get to the point where the refs were in position to make such calls.
#3: The field conditions were horrible. The weather didn't help but you can't control that. NFL teams should be held responsible for such crappy field conditions. They are just lucky no one was seriously hurt like what happened in D.C. This is the NFL, not bush league crap.
Clever passive aggressive way to blame officiating. :thumb:

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See @Sharkonabicycle? Packers fans hardly have a monopoly on bitching about the refs.

While we are on the subject though, clear helmet to helmet on Cobb tonight and they picked up the flag. Fuck the refs!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's typical Seattle. They have a history of losing to divisional opponents they have no business losing to late in the season.

As far as this game goes Seattle was caught looking ahead and the 9ers have found their legs a bit offensively and defensively the past two weeks.

Nick Mullens has quietly put together a pretty solid year for a young player and he's gone completely under the radar. I tend to think people overlook that and not consider that the 9ers aren't good but aren't completely awful either.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked with some coworkers earlier this week about how it would not shock me at all if they lost to SF and beat KC.

Of course, I don't expect them to beat KC playing the way they did today. I pretty much knew they were in for an L as soon as they let that kickoff return TD happen following the missed extra point.

I'm not so much pissed about the officiating regarding the holding calls, most of those looked legit. It was the DPI that was garbage. Seattle also benefited from one of them shitty "weight on the QB calls". But this is the modern NFL, where officials suck so much dick that I've become numb to it. You just have to expect it and not put yourself in a situation where that can screw you.

Seattle still should have been able to win and probably would have won if Simmons didn't go down.

But yeah, end of the day the kickoff return and the missed XP bother me more than anything. Probably losing to KC next week and then they'll have to win against the Cards to get in the playoffs. Given recent history that looks like it ain't gonna be easy.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got a couple breaks in some high profile games, so I suppose a non-Seahawk fan that doesn't watch them all the time might get the impression we get more breaks than other teams. But the fact is the Seahawks are the 3rd highest penalized team this year. And in previous years we've been (2017) 1st, (2016) 7th, (2015) 9th, (2014) 1st, (2013) 1st, and (2012) 6th. That covers the Russell Wilson era. So season by season we have historically been penalized far more than any other team. You guys remember the high profile games because they get all the hype, but in regular games (like today) this is what Hawk fans are used too. So to suggest that somehow Seattle fans have lost the right to bitch about the flag fest we see each game just because non-Seahawk fans can point to 3 or 4 examples of us catching a break in big games is a bit off base.

2012 NFL Team Penalty Statistics | The Football Database

The penalties were an issue because of some of the players and the coaching. On offense they had a mouth-breathing retard in Cable coaching for several years. His lineman pretty much always end up top 5 in false starts and holding calls.
Having aggressive guys like Sherm, Kam, and Bennett just leads to more penalties on defense. Luckily those defensive penalties didn't offset the high level performance of the unit as a whole.

It's not usually the flag against Seattle that bother me. It's the lack of flags against the other team. This hasn't been an issue lately IMO but I think about 3 years back there was some ridiculous discrepancy between Seattle and their opponents. Like if Seattle's opponent's were one team they would have ended up the least penalized team that year by a lot. I'd have to find the stats though.

Either way I think Seattle brings the penalties on themselves a lot. This week the holding was obvious, but the DPI was real fucking questionable.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clever passive aggressive way to blame officiating. :thumb:

Clever passive-agressive way of you blaming me of blaming the officiating despite my direct statement saying they didn't play well enough to deserve to win!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't call OT like you do the opening kick off. The time to establish the run is fucking over. Call me fucking crazy, but I'd like to see our 20 million dollar QB decide the game and not some neat play calling. Fucking idiotic.
You're probably right but it's been their formula for success since week three so I can't blame him for staying with it, and Chris Carson had some huge gains in the 4th quarter. There was reason to believe that SF's DL was wearing down.

I've been a huge critic of Pete Carroll for most of the last four seasons, but he gets huge credit for this season. Easily his best season as Seattle's head coach. He no longer has a team loaded with super-stars in their prime, but he's gotten, what looked to be a 4-6 win team in the preseason, in the playoff hunt.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, they were actually holding on those calls.
There is holding on every single play in every single game in every season. The refs choose when they want to call it.