• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HEy BOSS 429...this ones for you !!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent article Zeke. Of course there will be some that trash it because it's the Bleacher Report, but that does not change the fact that it is quite accurate and right on the mark of what we've been saying. I didn't even realize that Long has never made the Pro Bowl even. Time to cut his over-rated butt and shed his over-inflated salary after the 2015 season. Clowney will be a monster in the NFL, and when that happens you will then be able to hear a pin drop in the presence of his detractors.

But also keep in mind that this franchise has a history of swinging and missing in the draft. Guess that can be said about all franchises from time to time, but the Rams have made an art of it. That's why they've been chronic losers for so long. The more I see of Clowney, the more I'm inclined to hope the Rams just keep the 2nd pick and draft the beast.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent article Zeke. Of course there will be some that trash it because it's the Bleacher Report, but that does not change the fact that it is quite accurate and right on the mark of what we've been saying. I didn't even realize that Long has never made the Pro Bowl even. Time to cut his over-rated butt and shed his over-inflated salary after the 2015 season. Clowney will be a monster in the NFL, and when that happens you will then be able to hear a pin drop in the presence of his detractors.

But also keep in mind that this franchise has a history of swinging and missing in the draft. Guess that can be said about all franchises from time to time, but the Rams have made an art of it. That's why they've been chronic losers for so long. The more I see of Clowney, the more I'm inclined to hope the Rams just keep the 2nd pick and draft the beast.

If Clowney blows up the combine, it should take an RG3 type deal to get us to pass on him.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his performance is impressive enough, we won't even have to worry about that because Houston will jump on him, or somebody will trade for Houston's pick and take him. I suspect that as we get closer to draft day his stock will just continue to rise even above any of the available QBs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many DEs with 3 sacks their final college season would you take #2 overall? The point concerning Long's cap number is valid, but if Clowney can't beat a college double team, how's he going to beat a pro double team, or even a solid OT?

So, if Watkins blows up the combine, then what? Clowney's not the only guy that could make waves on track & field day.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many DEs with 3 sacks their final college season would you take #2 overall? The point concerning Long's cap number is valid, but if Clowney can't beat a college double team, how's he going to beat a pro double team, or even a solid OT?

So, if Watkins blows up the combine, then what? Clowney's not the only guy that could make waves on track & field day.

you were right Boss, they're coming out of the woodwork.

you dont have to worry about it Shopson.... there is a good chance Houston will take him.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol2.gif
I thought the same thing when I saw those times!

hmmmm.......sounds like you being converted

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L ....couldn't catch a cold I bet

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol2.gif
I thought the same thing when I saw those times!
hmmmm.......sounds like you being converted
Are we talking about what we think will happen or what we want to happen? :noidea:

I am pretty open to a lot of scenarios presented to the Rams. I don't think there are too many wrong decisions here using foresight so I'm okay if they draft JC or if they trade down. The trade down is very open ended right now and after looking at that video we may lose value if JC goes No. 1.

I hope he is there at No. 2 because we can parlay that pick much like we did with the RGIII pick. Should we get a booty of pick, and with the way we are set at DE and the DL overall I can't see us staying put and drafting JC. Primarily because we will be able to keep Long and Quinn specifically because of those low $$ picks we will acquire allow us to replace cap casualties and build with youth through the draft.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about what we think will happen or what we want to happen? :noidea:

I am pretty open to a lot of scenarios presented to the Rams. I don't think there are too many wrong decisions here using foresight so I'm okay if they draft JC or if they trade down. The trade down is very open ended right now and after looking at that video we may lose value if JC goes No. 1.

I hope he is there at No. 2 because we can parlay that pick much like we did with the RGIII pick. Should we get a booty of pick, and with the way we are set at DE and the DL overall I can't see us staying put and drafting JC. Primarily because we will be able to keep Long and Quinn specifically because of those low $$ picks we will acquire allow us to replace cap casualties and build with youth through the draft.

for a split second there :doh: I thought you being converted to wanting Clowney as a Ram. Anyways I do think that you and others are starting to see what a rare speciman Clowney really is:clap:. Right now I think that if you were our GM Sammy Watkins would be your choice :L.

Question is: ~Will we take JC @ #2 if he is there? ~or will we entertain a trade?~

It really depends on how much our defensive minded HC (Jeff Fisher) and New D-coord(Greg Williams) put value on the best defensive end to come out in the last 10 years. Some say they will never take an o-lineman that high.

Hey V. Mike? If you were in Greg Williams shoes would you be interested in Clowney??

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see how this is going to pan out Zeke. Clowney set the combine on fire. Now every team in the league is going to want him, and for good reason. As Matt Millen said, "you just don't see this kind of player every year" So what will happen is that Houston will parlay their 1st round pick into a fortune just like we did with RG3, and the Rams will never even have the opportunity to get this guy. I really think he just solidified his spot as the first pick in the draft. Even if you have Deacon Jones on your roster, you can't pass on a pick like this if the Rams do get fortunate and Houston goes another direction. But if they don't and pick Clowney, it's almost a certainty that the Rams will trade out of the 2nd pick. There is just nobody else available in my mind that is worth that high a pick.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how this is going to pan out Zeke. Clowney set the combine on fire. Now every team in the league is going to want him, and for good reason. As Matt Millen said, "you just don't see this kind of player every year" So what will happen is that Houston will parlay their 1st round pick into a fortune just like we did with RG3, and the Rams will never even have the opportunity to get this guy. I really think he just solidified his spot as the first pick in the draft. Even if you have Deacon Jones on your roster, you can't pass on a pick like this if the Rams do get fortunate and Houston goes another direction. But if they don't and pick Clowney, it's almost a certainty that the Rams will trade out of the 2nd pick. There is just nobody else available in my mind that is worth that high a pick.

You are probably right, this team is never lucky like that, someone always jumps ahead of us. If Clowney is gone, there should be a qb frenzy when we pick at #2. So Oakland/Atlanta will no longer want to trade up with Clowney off the board. Its just a matter of who needs a qb and how far down to we go? Cleveland could be a player. Or does Snead pull the trigger on Bradfords replacement??

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many QBs, and they're all rated so close to each other, if I were a team in need of a QB I wouldn't bother trying to trade up for one unless there was one in particular that I really saw something in. Otherwise I would just let the best one available drop to me and take what I get instead of giving away picks. As I said, if there's a mad scramble for Clowney, Houston will hit the lottery. But the draft is just too deep, too many good players that the top of the draft teams will be unwilling to trade up because they know they'll get somebody good anyway just staying where they're at. It will just devalue our pick and make it harder to trade out if that is in fact the Rams intention.

So many variables, and there are always surprises in every draft. I just think there'll be some unexpected things that happen that nobody will have seen coming.

The NFL has done a great job of making the draft even more exciting than even some of the games at this point. During the draft, every team has hope. But after about week 6 or 7 of the season, some teams, and consequently their fans are hopelessly out of it and already looking to next season/next draft for their enthusiasm fix.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a split second there :doh: I thought you being converted to wanting Clowney as a Ram. Anyways I do think that you and others are starting to see what a rare speciman Clowney really is:clap:. (1) Right now I think that if you were our GM Sammy Watkins would be your choice :L.

Question is: ~Will we take JC @ #2 if he is there? ~or will we entertain a trade?~

It really depends on how much our defensive minded HC (Jeff Fisher) and New D-coord(Greg Williams) put value on the best defensive end to come out in the last 10 years. Some say they will never take an o-lineman that high.

(2.) Hey V. Mike? If you were in Greg Williams shoes would you be interested in Clowney??
(2.) I wouldn't be faced palmed if Houston picks Clowney and we pick Sammy... you?

(1.) To answer your first question, I think we trade down because the value will be too grand not to trade down. (Due to his added value from his combine yesterday) But I just don't see how we can go wrong with No. 2 if Clowney is still sitting there for us to trade or pick when we are on the clock. IMO there are no right or wrong decisions unless JC turns out to be a bust and we pick him, which I greatly doubt considering Williams, Fisher, Long and Quinn all to kick his ass if he starts to take plays off and sech.